Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Level 48 Myth Spell?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I'm no myth student, but I find that Othorus is a bit lacking. Every other school has an attack that hurts everyone a great amount of damage where Myth can only focus on one person and by the time they're dead, someone else could just heal them anyway.
Though each school already has two cards each that attacks everyone, so this is what I think:

You switch othrus and make it the level 42 spell, and turn earthquake into the level 48 spell.

You add more deatail to the earthquake attack, such as making a giant god cause it while little people run around. (Like stormzilla)
It still takes away everyone's shields and blades (Maybe Absorbs)
And it hurts 500 to everyone.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
that would be cool and you are right and i am lvl 48 Ice so i no what i am talking about and we all no that ice attacks boost on fire and life on death and thunder on myth so why does thunder the only school that gets to brand knew attacks Triton and Storm Lord? I mean Storm Lord is there attack that attaks all opponents and stuns[or it used to but now it puts a stun shield on them and the same thing for Frost Giant] but they also get triton that attack that turns the hole feild into a giant aqaurium. and that isnt fair to the rest of us cause that attack deals the most damage in the intire game and is expessialy not fair for myth when it boosts on those attacks. So the next time they shut down wizard 101 for a day they better give all the schools a new attack at lvl for 48 and if we are already there then are teachers icon pops up on our screen and says,"Plz come to the ____school you are ready for a new spell.

Hero
May 19, 2009
I actually like this idea, and support it 100%.

The animation for a possible new earthquake spell could be the mythological greek giant Enceladus.

A quick summery of who he is:
In Greek mythology, Enceladus (or Enkelados, ?????????) was one of the Gigantes, the enormous children of Gaia (Earth) fertilised by the blood of castrated Ouranos.

During the battle between the Gigantes and the Olympian gods, Enceladus was disabled by a spear thrown by the goddess Athena. He was buried on the island of Sicily, under Mount Etna. The volcanic fires of Etna were said to be the breath of Enceladus, and its tremors to be caused by him rolling his injured side beneath the mountain. In Greece, an earthquake is still sometimes called a "strike of Enceladus".

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I like that idea a lot. I am a myth wizard and I am envious (sp?) of some of the other schools, becuase of their attack advantages. I haven't reached level 48 yet, but I have read that Orthus (sp) wasn't that great.

Suri Spiritrider lvl 47

Hero
May 19, 2009
10498 wrote:
that would be cool and you are right and i am lvl 48 Ice so i no what i am talking about and we all no that ice attacks boost on fire and life on death and thunder on myth so why does thunder the only school that gets to brand knew attacks Triton and Storm Lord? I mean Storm Lord is there attack that attaks all opponents and stuns[or it used to but now it puts a stun shield on them and the same thing for Frost Giant] but they also get triton that attack that turns the hole feild into a giant aqaurium. and that isnt fair to the rest of us cause that attack deals the most damage in the intire game and is expessialy not fair for myth when it boosts on those attacks. So the next time they shut down wizard 101 for a day they better give all the schools a new attack at lvl for 48 and if we are already there then are teachers icon pops up on our screen and says,"Plz come to the ____school you are ready for a new spell.

theres nothing wrong with storm having the most powerful spell in the game. storm only has one thing going for it and that is powerful spells, and no other school needs new attacks other then maybe life. All he wants is to switch orthrus with a more powerful earthquake.

and what does being level 48 have to do with what you know?

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Hero
May 19, 2009
Even though it is a good idea it might not work, if they were to do this they would have to make the minotaur and orthrus only attack once. After thinking about this, it would be unfair to the other schools, to have the lv42 and lv 48 myth attacks as strong as the other schools as well as having the best minions and 2 spells that attack twice.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Well each school has its different advantages.

It's like saying death has to be changed because it attackas and heals with the same spell.

But now that I think of it, the othurus could be lowered a bit because it would be stronger than the other 42 spells.

Maybe make it 50 + 500 so it still attacks twice, but just is a little bit weaker.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Myth has a unique role in a party.
One is obviously earthquake, other is pierce/cleanse. A pierce at the right time can help your teammate do their best damage. What I think would be the best fix for myth is to make pierce a little stronger. People can lay three traps with one pip, and clease removes one trap for one pip, making it way too weak.
Orthrus has a very high single target base damage, it's one of the best skills against normal mobs. You say Orthrus is underpowered but it is the most reliable way to kill normal mobs.
Orthrus is also able to achieve fairly high damage. I prefer to play with death and life players on my team, so I ask them to use the balance myth/death/life trap. That way with myth blade, balance myth blade, and balance myth traps, and sometimes time of legend, you get a fairly decent bonus.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I like this idea and Life school is the same. Why can we life students have a spell to attack all enemies. Granted I love the lvl 48 spell but it would be nice to have an attack all spell and even balance wizards are left out to on the attack all spell. Why is this. I think its unfair to these 3 schools that they dont get an attack all spell and the rest do. Why is it like that. I think all schools should be treated fairly when it comes to spells. Not so much the damage but the way the spells go. I have a lvl 48 life and I like that I can heal all my friends at once but our attacks are a lot.

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
Orthrus isn't meant to be strong its meant to attack your opponent and cripple them.. as myself as a myth player master myth.. i use myth blade spirit trap myth shield twice feint twice (but i remove my feint with remove negative shield spell from myth school so no feint on me but my opponent does) so being that said and done adding spirit trap i seriously kill my opponent even with their myth shields so basically orthrus isn't meant to be powerful but with two consecutive strikes it kills off a myth shield that is protecting his victim. =) then 2nd attack is all powerful trust me. my max damage for orthrus is around 2,700 for his 2nd attack.. all together almost 3,000.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Bact wrote:
Myth has a unique role in a party.
One is obviously earthquake, other is pierce/cleanse. A pierce at the right time can help your teammate do their best damage. What I think would be the best fix for myth is to make pierce a little stronger. People can lay three traps with one pip, and clease removes one trap for one pip, making it way too weak.
Orthrus has a very high single target base damage, it's one of the best skills against normal mobs. You say Orthrus is underpowered but it is the most reliable way to kill normal mobs.
Orthrus is also able to achieve fairly high damage. I prefer to play with death and life players on my team, so I ask them to use the balance myth/death/life trap. That way with myth blade, balance myth blade, and balance myth traps, and sometimes time of legend, you get a fairly decent bonus.

But that's my point. Orthrus only attacks one person.
In the arena it's worthless if your up against a team with a life or dath person because the can just heal whoever you hit as if you never attacked.

Defender
May 29, 2009

I think Orthrus is pretty powerful as it is. Doubled bladed/double trapped, it's very difficult to defend against (to get two shields of the same type up at that moment). In the arena, that's why you always take out the healer first (life first, followed by any death person).

AoE attacks are nice, but aren't necessarily the most powerful. As fire, I have fire dragon. A nice attack, but it certainly won't kill anybody. It's just a setup for the next attack while the fire shields are burned off. Which of course, gives them all time to heal as well.

o0superpea0o wrote:

But that's my point. Orthrus only attacks one person.
In the arena it's worthless if your up against a team with a life or dath person because the can just heal whoever you hit as if you never attacked.