Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To Continue or not to Continue?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I'm a grandmaster sorcerer and i am in Dragonspyre Acadamy and my question is............... Should i continue through DS and loss all Experience Points OR not play and wait for the level cap to be raised? plz i need opinions!!

Wolf DawnBlood
Grandmaster Sorcerer
lvl 50

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Not sure I understand the first option. Why would you be losing XP?

Anyway, the correct answer is: Keep playing as long as it's fun. There are more things your character can do, including (gag) Crafting. And you should have five other character slots available to experience the game through another set of powers. Then, once the level cap goes up, everybody's happy again. (Well, all except those folks that will inevitably hit the new cap within 24 hours and complain that the cap needs to be higher.)

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
razoulgusgus wrote:
I'm a grandmaster sorcerer and i am in Dragonspyre Acadamy and my question is............... Should i continue through DS and loss all Experience Points OR not play and wait for the level cap to be raised? plz i need opinions!!

Wolf DawnBlood
Grandmaster Sorcerer
lvl 50

Why are you playing? Just to level up your character? Or to have fun, advance in the game, and defeat Malistaire?

The truth is that we do not know exactly how KI is going to handle the raising of the level cap and any credit for Experience Points missed for quests completed after level 50. Or even when exactly it is going to happen.

My advice would be that, if you are enjoying progressing through Dragonspyre, keep doing it. And worry about the repurcussions of level cap whan and if you are actually given something to worry about. You reach the best that a wizard can be given the current scenario; be proud of it and go finish the job that Ambrose gave you when you first got to Wizard City ;)

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
This was on Wizard101Central:

A Note From Cyrus Drake:
Sent to us by Wizard101.com:

Maximum Level / Grandmaster XP

Wizard101 friends, fans, and customers,

When we first envisioned our sixth world we saw it as a world Wizards would experience after Dragonspyre. This world would have increased the maximum level beyond 50 and the supporting content (new spells, equipment, etc) necessary for the max level increase. However, when we dug into the overall Wizard101 game play and what would best serve our community we decided to launch Grizzleheim, a world that created a parallel experience and offered new content and experiences as players leveled thru the entire game and the other five worlds. While we hope that high level characters find the content enjoyable and engaging the immediate downside to this decision was that no level increase was introduced with this world.

Our decision to launch Grizzleheim also afforded us the ability to address several features that you, our community, had asked for. Features like the ability to group with other Wizards, control friend requests, trade request and new systems like crafting and the bazaar. We felt they were good, valuable additions, and so we made a decision to include them for all players new and old to enjoy.

That said, we did mention to our highest level players that the level cap would be raised this summer and we were not able to make that goal a reality. We apologize for that and would like say that we are continuing forward with plans to release new worlds that do push Wizards beyond level 50. In order to accomplish it, we need to make sure there are new opponents, quests, worlds, spells, and more.

If you’re close to or already at level 50, we invite you to explore Grizzleheim, the new crafting system, and the Bazaar and hope you are interested in seeing what new things we have in store for you soon.

Thank you for playing Wizard101!

Cyrus Drake
Professor of Myth
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts
En Magus Nos Fides
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue playing! :-D

Survivor
Nov 21, 2008
been at level 50 for quite sometime now. and i wont lie its gotten boring now. And grizzleheim is NOT that challenging. I am at the point of cancellation. There is just no challenge in creating new characters (have 3 now) and getting to the same place and having to start ALL OVER again. Tried grizzleheim and was QUITE dissappointed. And here I thought this would be a very adventuresome and challanging games and leveling to the max. So much for dreams huh

Survivor
May 23, 2009
To the person that speaks of Grizzleheim,

Um. have you been ALL the way through it??
Have you fought the battle with the 4 bosses all with 8000 health?
How about the 4 bossess all with 4500 health?
yah. its quite challenging.

~David SoulFlame
LVL 50 Pyromancer
~David SoulHunter
LVL 36 Sorcerer

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
I am finishing up my fourth grandmaster and starting on my fifth. I still enjoy going through the game with a different typy of wizard, as well as helping out more novice wizards in the game.

I do agree however that as Wizard City sees a continuous increase in grandmaster level subscribers, that they should be contemplating more challenging levels of play.

Kieran Ghoststalker (50)
Devin Ghoststalker (48)
Rowan Ghoststalker (50)
Valkoor Ghoststalker (50)