Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

defeated jotun

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I defeated jotun in grizzleheim, but now it is saying i have to defeat him after spending an hour on this quest. It was difficult for me to get help and now i have to do this quest all over again.

This is so unfair and I am so upset that I have to spend another hour to do this all over again and will have to struggle again to get help. This is most definitely a bug.

My daughter fought with me and it worked fine for her. Why do I have to repeat this when I already did it?

Suri

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
As my previous most stated, after winning the battle with Jotun, his brothers and minion along side my daughter, I had to repeat the quest again. Wasn't very happy and really ticked off, but yesterday I did it and solo at that.

I went on here to find an easier way to beat him and killed the brothers off first. Here I had unexpected help with teleporting. Not sure if I am thankful or not, but am grateful for Blaze Firethorn (think last name). the others that ported in without asking first, not so happy with. Once got me killed and the rest nearly killed. Different tale.

Any how, I wasn't sure if I could quit after fighting the 2 brothers, so I went on and defeated Jotun. This time it took. Yippeee.

So happy that part is over. If anyone needs help, I will be more than willing to assist with your quest.

Suri Spiritrider Lvl 46

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:
I defeated jotun in grizzleheim, but now it is saying i have to defeat him after spending an hour on this quest. It was difficult for me to get help and now i have to do this quest all over again.

This is so unfair and I am so upset that I have to spend another hour to do this all over again and will have to struggle again to get help. This is most definitely a bug.

My daughter fought with me and it worked fine for her. Why do I have to repeat this when I already did it?

Suri

If you got defeated, fled, healed, and ported back during the battle; I think that you may have only gotten credit for those opponents defeated after you came back.

This is what happened to me the first time I fought the Coven in Ravenscar and targetted the primary boss first. (The second time I went in, I made sure we went after him last just in case.)

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
MangaofMyth wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

Suri

If you got defeated, fled, healed, and ported back during the battle; I think that you may have only gotten credit for those opponents defeated after you came back.

This is what happened to me the first time I fought the Coven in Ravenscar and targetted the primary boss first. (The second time I went in, I made sure we went after him last just in case.)

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
MangaofMyth wrote:
sanmil0963 wrote:

Suri

Thanks, but it didn't recognized that I defeated any of the bosses. We fought all 4 together. We both fled and came back, but she received credit for the fight, but I didn't. What I discovered was that my quest helper was off, so I guess, that is why it didn't recognized that I was in battle with him. As soon as I turned it back on, and defeated him again, I received the credit.