Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Undefeated

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Is it possible to defeat balance in PvP? I have an Adept Balance, only because I have a Grand Life, and I don't want to count how many times I've been 1-shot killed by a balance, not to mention that they were a much lower level. As long as they have their pips maxed out for Judgement, Hex, Bladestorm, Balance Blade, and Feint, I'm down for good. I tried using Tower Shield and even up to Ice Armor and Spirit Armor, no luck, they either sparked away the Tower, or the Judgement went straight through my armor! Balance seems to remain undefeated. Is it unbalanced?

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Slushie3704 wrote:
Is it possible to defeat balance in PvP? I have an Adept Balance, only because I have a Grand Life, and I don't want to count how many times I've been 1-shot killed by a balance, not to mention that they were a much lower level. As long as they have their pips maxed out for Judgement, Hex, Bladestorm, Balance Blade, and Feint, I'm down for good. I tried using Tower Shield and even up to Ice Armor and Spirit Armor, no luck, they either sparked away the Tower, or the Judgement went straight through my armor! Balance seems to remain undefeated. Is it unbalanced?
I have heard many complaints about balance and sometimes i am victim to the awesome might of judgement BUT i with my death grandmaster have usually defeated balance every time. i use my minion to attack and use weakness and if they out up hex or feint i use tower. i have 2796 health so they have to hit at least that. with tower they have to hit twice that . with weakness they have to hit another half the damage extra.
and the most i have ever been hit bye judgement is for 4430. so just tower shield and regular weakness WITH ALL THERE BOOSTS AND FULL POWER PIPS cant kill me. then all i got to do is wraith lol boom they lose?
Ice has tower shields ice armor so they can do fine then fire .... just use scald a lot. life ... spirit armor and tower shield. myth ... just use your minion.
uh .... storm ... your a gonnor unless you can one hit them before they one hit you. balance ... idk lol- hope this helps

Tyler Travis Thomas and Tristan Spiritstrider. Grandmaster fire death and storm - adept life.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
I just burned a balance magus ON my myth magus.... and the balance guy had 2 pieces of commander armor... and he was a warlord... first he tried to balance on shot me but I have old crown gear so I absorb lots of damage... anyways after a tower shield he maxxed his pips with 4 power pips tried to one shot but couldnt and I was able to minotaur a lot ( well 3 times lol :D and yes I had my bubble up ) he was left with 55 life after the minotaurs and he used a pixie and helping hands I just used a troll card and finished him..... balance is easy for myth :/ I have a death grand I can usually one shot if they dont have death shields or arent balance lol.... but no balance can be beaten it all depends on your school.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
treyrules12 wrote:
Slushie3704 wrote:
I have heard many complaints about balance and sometimes i am victim to the awesome might of judgement BUT i with my death grandmaster have usually defeated balance every time. i use my minion to attack and use weakness and if they out up hex or feint i use tower. i have 2796 health so they have to hit at least that. with tower they have to hit twice that . with weakness they have to hit another half the damage extra.
and the most i have ever been hit bye judgement is for 4430. so just tower shield and regular weakness WITH ALL THERE BOOSTS AND FULL POWER PIPS cant kill me. then all i got to do is wraith lol boom they lose?
Ice has tower shields ice armor so they can do fine then fire .... just use scald a lot. life ... spirit armor and tower shield. myth ... just use your minion.
uh .... storm ... your a gonnor unless you can one hit them before they one hit you. balance ... idk lol- hope this helps

Tyler Travis Thomas and Tristan Spiritstrider. Grandmaster fire death and storm - adept life.

Well as a owner as a Life Grand and Balance Magus( who is warlord at only lvl 30 ). I am here to give tips!( for both sides ) Ok to get rid of them pesky tower shields i had a very good ICE friend of mine make me some of those Steal A Ward Cards. Not only does it get rid of your tower shield but now I get it.( even though i can already use it :? ) I have killed many people using this tactic, but i know how to prevent it and so do some other people who dont constantly complain about judgement and instead find solutions! Ok so the trick is to "Protect" Your tower shield because steal a ward only steals the last shield used if you use a different shield he's gonna have to steal those and thats probably gonna waste him 4 pips and 2 turns. Well if the balance enemy is first and he sees you use tower shield he's probably gonna steal it so in that case well Use it again. As for myth its blockable i have beat the grandmaster guys with Orthrus. If you use 2 tower shields then BOTH hits will be blocked. I'd say the hardest guys to beat are Ice and Death ( and myth if ya dont got towers ). While the easiest to beat are probably Life, Fire, and storm. So now that you know more about what WE( balance ) do now you have your chance to defend yourself and know whats good.

Hope this Helped! ( P.S this is gonna be one of my last posts ( Subscribtion canceled :( )

Joseph Liferider Grandmaster Theurgist
Joseph Sandrider Level 30 Sorcerer
Joseph Nightrider Level 27 Necromancer
Matthew Starblood Level 20 Diviner

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
When I first started PvP, I lost. I had to learn and figure it out.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Sep 15, 2008
actually no. i have a grand ice and have beaten around 20 balance in 1v1. I mean i have more trouble with fire wizards, just use tower shields and weaknesses on them. When they put feint attack right away to get down in health and then put tower also have some steal wards ready incase they put towers to :D also have some heals ready just incase judgement does do a lot of damage.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
The largest possible damage hit with Judgement would be 7824 but that would be very rare in arena.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
It feels especially nice as a Storm wizard to be one shot by Balance -through- a Tower Shield. Sure, I could try to Wildbolt and automatically lose 2/3 of my matches due to fizzles.... But what's the point in that?

There are several things wrong with PvP and it's not just Balance. Max health vs. damage output is severely skewed between the classes.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Well if balance people are not able to defeat sooo many times, then how does that explain why i always die? I do everything EXCEPT feint(cause i dont have it), and i usually boom people up. BUT with balance resist, tower shield, and absorb, you have a good chance of winning just as much as a balance student because you have something to block out balance. And everybody, PLEASE stop complaining about balance(not talking about u, slushie3704)!

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
Hey, not to be rude,
but I hear a lot of people saying fire is easy to beat :x,
keep in mind that we (Fire) and I mean the fire students
who beat Krokosphinx, have Immolate! With a few power-ups
( fire-blade, fire-trap, wyldfire, a balenceblade or two
and a fire shield) it does up to 2375 damage and I seem to
win A-LOT of matches with it . So please don't say fire is
weak because if you have skill and a stradgey you could
do a-lot of damage with fire. Especially Balence students(no offense but they're not as good as everybody says they are, I mean they can be beaten I'm not trying to sound like I have a big head or something but I'm trying to make a point)

Wolf Dragonflame
Level 32 Pyromancer
Counterweight West ( Finally beat Katz Lab!) :D
Grumpy Snowman pet

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Any school is beatable! The key is finding a technique to bypass their strengths. With Balance, we have one very strong spell being judgement. Find a way to kill them before they build pips or a way to dampen the damage.

Balance has one really strong spell whereas other schools have several really strong cards.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
whongach wrote:
It feels especially nice as a Storm wizard to be one shot by Balance -through- a Tower Shield. Sure, I could try to Wildbolt and automatically lose 2/3 of my matches due to fizzles.... But what's the point in that?

There are several things wrong with PvP and it's not just Balance. Max health vs. damage output is severely skewed between the classes.

Well, I have seen that happen, but most times, people try to get rid of the tower shield first. Probably feint was involved or you were really low on health when you were one shot killed by Judgement.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
spellweaver24 wrote:
Hey, not to be rude,
do a-lot of damage with fire. Especially Balence students(no offense but they're not as good as everybody says they are, I mean they can be beaten I'm not trying to sound like I have a big head or something but I'm trying to make a point)

Yeah, but you got that balance blade from the Balance School!

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
I have beaten balance plenty of times. i just tower shield at last minute so either they waste there traps or attack and let it do 50% or 55% or 60% (rare tower shields) balance is not really that hard to me just remember use tower shield so the=ey can waste pips

Survivor
Oct 26, 2008
Not really undefeated.

My Adept Necromancer defeated a Magus Sorcerer in the arena.

I used weakness from Nightshade's Choker, two treasure weakness, and my trained tower shields.

It was close since he got off one judgement without shields or weakness, but once he did it I had time to sacrifice and then finish him off.

It was funny. At one point he told me to stop shielding.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
I hate to say but yes balance can be defeated because my balance can be one shoted by ice and myth but the others have a hard time killing me :P bbut yea they can be killed it is easy use balance because they have shields for the elements and spirits but they dont have a shield for balance SO use balance if they arent reisant to it hope this helps some. :)

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
sk8gundy wrote:
spellweaver24 wrote:
Hey, not to be rude,

Yeah, but you got that balance blade from the Balance School!

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

So? I didn't say they were bad.
I like most of their spells I
just get mad when people
say Fire school is weak.

Wolf Dragonflame
Level 32 Pyromancer
Counterweight West