Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The great spyre

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
How do you unlock the door? I activate the crystals. but they go off when you walk away from them. Do all three crystals need to be activated together to unlock the door?

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Yes, you need all three crystals activated to unlock the door, so you probably want to bring in more friends.

3 people: You have to fight both Gurtoks (the ice and the fire) and they will NOT respawn so you can run in that area without getting into a fight. (P.S. They drop those nice level 50+ Athames and Rings which give the best Health and Mana stats of your school plus a 15% power pip chance i believe [correct me if i'm wrong]) and then you can have 3 people activate crystals and one run to the door.

4 people: You don't have to fight Gurtoks, but make a plan so that 1 or 2 person(s) can be "bait" and log out, then quickly port to either of the other 2 people in the Spyre.

Hope I helped!

Explorer
May 10, 2009
Hero
May 19, 2009
yes, all 3 crystal stands have to be activated at the same time, so you need one person standing at each of the stands.