Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feint Spell Bug?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 01, 2008
On the Feint card it says +30% generic damage to self and +70% generic damage to target, but when the spell is cast it does +70% to both self and target. In battles I've seen that it also does +70% to both targets too. Is this a bug?

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Slushie3704 wrote:
On the Feint card it says +30% generic damage to self and +70% generic damage to target, but when the spell is cast it does +70% to both self and target. In battles I've seen that it also does +70% to both targets too. Is this a bug?
lol if so i feel its fair i have feint on more then one of my guys only one time i think i have seen that card work like it says i was fighting a death and he put feint on me and when i hit him something was not right i add my hits up every time and i know how hard i will hit and it was way way less then what i had added up i still think it would be fair if it did work right for death but not the rest of schools i do not have a death but it would be the next school if i was gonna make a new guy scot deathhammer-grandmaster-fire-balance-storm-noob-myth

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
4 months !! I play an average of 10+ hours a day and see tons of glitches and bugs .. they need to fix this it affects all of the Death school and as not for using a free 70% damage card pfft nothing else to say to that haha

Another FEINT ISSUE:

That is just a typo and the damage doesn't reflect actual 70% to said caster of the trap. lol
I should know I have no resists and am used to taking damage from mobs who cast on me.

The REAL PROBLEM as a avid feint and trap stacker in PvE stacking feint with conversion next and then other death traps you sometimes wont get the damage stack you were building for.

I have seen if you cast converion first and all the other traps you usually have no problem, however if a conversion last after you have stacked traps on the mob It will not calculate some of the shields and they are left swirling around the mob .. so a 20%(curse) and a 30%(death trap) and a 25% (spirit trap) and a 35%(Bastillas neck) and a 70%(feint) then conversion used that should be the last calculable item when running down the impact of said spell.

I have seen other traps go off with conversion and feint still sitting there
when it is cast in a different position.

Drawing cards in a specific order would be nice but not realistic so i'm hoping you find this error and get it corrected so we can properly use our spells.

Please take a look into stacking feint before conversion or after and with curse and other said death traps like the tri shield trap for myth and death and life.. I also use Bastillas neck with the 35% trap for death and you will find they do not always stack when the damage is cast.

No fun when your health is down and the boss has pips stacked against you and you need to make it up with a vampire or wraith.

Just part of my play style in the death school and love it!

Thank you

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Slushie3704 wrote:

Yes it's a bug, yes it's been reported, no nothing has changed in the last 4 months. The card does say 30% damage to self and 70% to target, but what you get is 70% for both, so it's a non used card in my deck. Maybe one day they will get it fixed, but not going to be today I'm afraid.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
A lot of people have been saying that when it's actually used it does 30% to self and 70% to target...Then others say that when it's used it's 70% to both self AND target. I agree with the 30% self 70% target when I tested but a few of my friends disagree...KI what's really happening?

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
The display is incorrect, the calculations are correct. I use it in almost every battle.

Blake Firehammer - Grandmaster Death

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
dont worry it is just a graphic bug. it SAYS 70% both on 2D combat but it is actually a 30% on self so I wouldnt worry at all even if they change it nothing would happen to the actual spell. and I would much rather have them fix this full instance bug which has not been resolved yet! it has been about 2 months...

Administrator
This is addressed in our Known Issues Page

Feint Spell: this spell shows incorrect percentage over players head when cast, should show 30% not 70%. Ignore the 70% text, and go by what the card states, which is 30%.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
Thank goodness I found this post, but 2 months and you haven't fixed a text bug? Come on already! :0

Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
Yea you really should fix the bug Gamma. Still it would help to put it saying +30% text above our heads because when i was in the arena, my opponent used feint so i thought it was a + 70% I used judgment, then it didn't kill him. And another thing, so if your opponent uses feint then i use it, will his feint and mine work both as separate traps?