Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 on Linux?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Anyone else think that a Linux version of Wizard 101 should be made? I've seen videos of people running Wizard 101 through WINE with no issues, but I've had no luck doing so. My desktop is running Ubuntu with an ATI Sapphire 3870, 4Gb RAM, and a 3.2Ghz Pentium Dual Core CPU. I'd love to be able to run W101 on that; there'd be virtually no lag. However, since I can't get WINE to run it properly, I have to play it on my laptop with a terrible video card. Running Vista on the laptop, I'll often lag in busy locations on the crowded areas. I'd rather not have to change areas when they get crowded just because of lag, but I have no choice.

So, anyone else think that making W101 compatible with Linux would be a great idea?

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
I would say yes - even if they simply focused on Ubuntu as the supported distro.

I am hungry for a good MMO for Ubuntu (Linux).

Just think, Google Chrome OS is coming next year - from what I hear Ubuntu Linux will be the OS's core with Google's windows manager.

Seriously, if Wizard101 (aka KingsIsle) were to formally build a software package for Ubuntu you would see many players move to it over new Windows upgrades. For families, Ubuntu offers a supreme value.