Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An idea for a GREAT balance spell ...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
OK. I know I know balance is supposed to be Elemental based (i.e. minion, specral blast and hydra) But WHY NOT have a spirit spell? WHY would you give balance students elemental buffs AND spirit buffs if we have NO balance to spirit spells like hydra and spectral are balance to elemental. Here is my argument and my idea: When balance enemies start putting up elemental shields you are CRIPPLED and by that time their balance resist is SO high forget using balance. OK SURE you can pick a spirit school for your second and/or third which i did with death but by the time you get to balance monsters putting up shields your NOT using second school attacks due to power pips. We all know how that goes. In any case my idea is this: Why not have a Spirit Blast to compliment the spectral blast? you could even make the life and myth part attack and if it comes up death it would be a steal like vampire. HOW COOL would that be? AND guess what? it would be boosted against balance! HELLO! I know there will be lots of arguments against this, but i personally as a grandmaster Sorcerer think it would be an awesome idea. WHY give us spirit blades and traps for FREE if we have nothing to use them with? WHY is balance suppposed to be the balance of ALL SCHOOLS if we have NO balance to spirit spells? Looking forward to hearing ideas and arguments about this :)

Connor Legendweaver
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Hero
May 19, 2009
first of the spirit blades and traps are not just for just balance wizards. just about every fire, storm, and ice wizard has the elemental blades and traps and the same is with the spirit blades and traps.

second, balance does not have any spiritual attacks because it is only made up of the elemental schools.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
My argument is that spectral blast can only do one element.350 ice,450 storm,and 400 fire.And doing anything spiritual would be nonsensical.You[the preverbiel you ]already have blades and traps,use a secondary/third school spell.If you didn't choose myth,life,or death,I'm sorry for you.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
gtippett wrote:
OK. I know I know balance is supposed to be Elemental based (i.e. minion, specral blast and hydra) But WHY NOT have a spirit spell? WHY would you give balance students elemental buffs AND spirit buffs if we have NO balance to spirit spells like hydra and spectral are balance to elemental. Here is my argument and my idea: When balance enemies start putting up elemental shields you are CRIPPLED and by that time their balance resist is SO high forget using balance. OK SURE you can pick a spirit school for your second and/or third which i did with death but by the time you get to balance monsters putting up shields your NOT using second school attacks due to power pips. We all know how that goes. In any case my idea is this: Why not have a Spirit Blast to compliment the spectral blast? you could even make the life and myth part attack and if it comes up death it would be a steal like vampire. HOW COOL would that be? AND guess what? it would be boosted against balance! HELLO! I know there will be lots of arguments against this, but i personally as a grandmaster Sorcerer think it would be an awesome idea. WHY give us spirit blades and traps for FREE if we have nothing to use them with? WHY is balance suppposed to be the balance of ALL SCHOOLS if we have NO balance to spirit spells? Looking forward to hearing ideas and arguments about this :)

Connor Legendweaver
Grandmaster Sorcerer

ya that is so right i jesse nightgem, adept theurgist .i learn all balance spells and im frustrated to see only elemental attacks, not spirit.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009

second, balance does not have any spiritual attacks because it is only made up of the elemental schools.

well why should balance only be elemental schools in the discription it says the balance of ALL SCHOOLS but then no spirit attacks only elenmental this game make little sense and i dont like it as much as some games but this is a better past time

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
gtippett wrote:

Connor Legendweaver
Grandmaster Sorcerer

I had the same idea only it was for a new class I came up with called chaos

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
I have a magus Sorcerer and I think and Spirit Blast would be a really good idea it's also right that Balance is made up of all schools. The Spirit Blast wouldn't be nearly as powerful as Centaur, Minotaur, or Wrath spells, but at least it's not another elemental spell!

Spectral Blast is something like:

Fire- 440 (between Sunbird and Immolate)
Ice- 365 (equivalent to Ice Wyvern)
Storm- 550 (equilvalent to Kraken)

Therefore Spirit Blast would be something like:

Life-355 damage (equivalent to Seraph)
Myth-450 damage (about Minotaur, but not done in 2 shots like Minotaur)
Death-400 damage, convert half to health (a bit more than Vampire but less damage than Skeletal Pirate)

Then this Spirit Blast could cost 4 pips as well, like the Spectral Blast.

I'd like to see this spell be added to the Sorcerer's deck at around level 32 maybe.

Post opinions (:

Amber Willowleaf :P

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
well i think since balance is all the elements they should add an attack like hydra but for dark ,myth and life they should put the chimera a creature with a snake tale(dark) lion(myth) and goat(life).

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
no actually balance boosts myth life and death and you can get spirit shield to i once seen in ds a enemy use spirit shield

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
BALANCE (key word) is the balance of all of the schools we have SO FAR. If we get a spirit school then sure you can get the spell, but it makes no sense to put a spirit blast in a balance school. The balance school isn't about spirits or ghosts or any of that nonsense.

Also, those shields you complain about, you should have a wand attack that you hopefully chose wisely and made either a balance wand attack or your secondary school attack. That way you can use your wand attack to destroy the shield.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
GREAT feedback everyone! thanks so much for posting :-) AGAIN My only argument about balance being an elemental based school is simply WHY? when it is in fact supposed to be the balance of ALL SCHOOLS. Also, yes anyone can learn spirit blades and traps and elemental blades and traps but balance is the ONLY school that does not cost training points for them. YES you could pick a spirit school for your second but at a high level its a huge waste of power pips to cast anything other than balance. Balance has TWO spells that convert balance attack into elementals, therefore allowing us to use clothing boosts AND power pips. WHY NOT have a "Spirit Blast" or whatever it may be to convert balance to one or all spirit attacks? Think about it

P.S. Slushie's idea for the Sprit Blast damage is SPOT ON! BRAVO! Great to know i am not the only one thinking about this.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
all these blasts and no hydra?

I think it would be WICKED AWESOME for like a spiritural hydra of some sort if you agree with me you rock if you dont you are CRAZY

I also think there should be higher spell than granny stinky cheese ball, ( power nova) or the possesed pumpkin ( scarecrow) well you get the idea. just a new set of worlds and adventures after malistare! and go up to lvl sixty or sixty five would rock!