Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you craft Rebirth?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Hey
This probably sounds like a dumb question but how do you craft Rebirth? I'm a grandmaster Theurgist and I want to give the card to some of my others players but I don't get how to craft it xD Thanks for help! :P

Hero
May 27, 2009
I think the only way you can make Rebirth for your friends is with Keen Eyes. There is no recipe for it.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Slushie3704 wrote:
Hey
This probably sounds like a dumb question but how do you craft Rebirth? I'm a grandmaster Theurgist and I want to give the card to some of my others players but I don't get how to craft it xD Thanks for help! :P

That spell is not on the list at the life tree. Those are the ONLY craftable cards listed there. You will need a card crafting table too.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
happydoggy10 wrote:
Yes, you can't craft it, it can only be made by a Life Wizard.

Uh, Happydoggy10 sorry to burst your bubble but a Thurgest is Life. So Slushie CAN craft Rebirth. Now as to where to get the recipe I am clueless I myself was just wondering how I could craft Frspt Giant and where to get the recipe.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
as mentioned above, i think you need to use keen eyes or something in order to make it a treasure card. i crafted a few immolates yesterday for my friend and it appear that was the only way i could craft school only treasure cards.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
grab some keen eyes from the library. fill up your treasure card slots in your deck with them. go fight a monster on an easy street in wizard city. make sure the cards in your deck are mostly the ones you want to make into treasure cards. discard cards and pull up keen eyes out of your treasure cards slot slap them onto the card you want to make discard and keep going until you have made all you want to

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
pitathanks wrote:
grab some keen eyes from the library. fill up your treasure card slots in your deck with them. go fight a monster on an easy street in wizard city. make sure the cards in your deck are mostly the ones you want to make into treasure cards. discard cards and pull up keen eyes out of your treasure cards slot slap them onto the card you want to make discard and keep going until you have made all you want to

Wouldn't that just be wonderful. This would be a great suggestion and should seriously be considered for the next update by KI. HINT HINT ( Please Fix Crafting! -).

Since you moderate this, please moderate the following out, it is for KI's eyes only.

CRAFTING ISSUES

On the whole, you have refused to answer or address crafting issues even with the update. As a retired math instructor, I loved the idea of adding math to the game as crafting did. It allowed kids to learn addition, subtraction, multiplication in a fun way, in theory. In reality, it turned into a tedious search for reagents, or vigilance at the bazaar. I have officially given up on crafting, and strongly suggested that my family members do the same. I am beyond Molly the Frustrated Crafter, and deserve the badge Refuses to Craft till KI Gets Their Act Together.

Your answer was to

1. Increase the amount of reagents that could be held in a backpack (creating an ability for users to hoard reagents, thus decreasing the amount that could be found in the bazaar); Also, with this increase in reagents in user's backpacks cause the user to become slower as with keeping large number of treasure cards.

2. Decrease the number of items to be crafted (I am not sure of the full ramifications of this because frankly, I have given up on crafting.) Your response to me was to mysteriously insert into my bank the rings without clearing the "crafted" portion of the game. About all I could do with the rings was sell them so that some poor guy that had crafted theirs and sold them at the bazaar to pay for their bad crafting habit could maybe buy them back;

3. Created recipes to transform reagents (glad you liked this suggestion, I think it has potential); and

4. You did add a hex card to Nigel's offerings (I am not sure of what other cards were missing from the grand fiasco called crafting);

but all of these do not fix this poorly designed aspect of Wiz 101. The new fix is a simply a band aid on a limb that needs to be removed or serious reevaluation not just a quick fix. Recipe prices and reagents need to be carefully evaluated not just picked from a hat as is the obvious current situation. No real thought was put into this addition of the programming and users that reached Master Craftsman deserves more than a badge they deserve free months for testing this mess. My Hat is Off to all who stuck it out! Crafting is a great idea that needs work. Spreadsheet work on your part to determine totals associated with crafting the items versus what the system has to offer users.

The cost and time involved to reach master craftsman is insane. You could buy three dragons by the time you get to adept crafter. The cost to reach this level is just beyond reason. Please do the numbers before you do another update. This means, the total for reaching the new badge status (currently, I believe that it is at about one-forth the actual cost of crafting). Has anyone really looked at some of the completed wyrn furniture or the carousel (that looks so great in those tiny little windows that gives you a preview)? Well the final product is not as WOW. For all the effort and work, most are expecting them to be a little larger. Even more insulting was the resale value on a carousel ... around $600 in the furniture shop or $6000 in the bazaar. Keep in mind, the recipe alone was $10,000 not to mention all the reagents, hunting down someone to help with the myth cards that HAD TO BE CRAFTED not made on Unicorn in Wizard City and the overall time involved.

SOUND CHANGES IN THE GAME

In another area requesting users start a noob and quest through to test sound. I can get a noob through to grand in about two weeks, so I thought I would give it a go. I have not noticed a change in the Wizard City voices as much as with the Krok voices. Krokopatra sounds like a chicken being choked when she gets hit. Funny, but not exactly what I would expect. The manders are delightful. The Crocodile voices should be switched for hit versus death (not all of the Krok crocodile voices are the same). I did notice that some of the animation of the spells along with sound effects had changed and they were a nice change (mostly on Unicorn).

There are still issues with Ambrose calling students home when it is not necessary in both WC, but not as much in Krok. Along this line, and more importantly, Ambrose or the teacher is NOT telling the student a spell is available when it should (level 22, 26, etc.).

I just went through MB about a week ago, what happened to the scrap iron? Two days later I went through Mooshu, and the lack of lotus blossoms only reinforced my decision to NOT craft. I don't see that you have addressed the issue of respawn time. I cannot believe that at 2 am PST to 6 am PST you have farmers cleaning out ALL the scrap metal and lotus flowers (along with the hidden springs and black pearls).

SLOT MACHINES
Your newest addition of slot machines at some of the bosses is interesting to say the least. I have heard horror stories from users that "just knew that jacket was at the next spin of the crown dial." I was under the impression it was limited to three times a day. Some users have dropped between four and ten thousand crowns to get nothing. Please do not encourage gambling, stay within the three times a day or three times a trip through limit. I have also noticed that if a person beats the boss again and tries the slot machine, the price is set at the higher daily price (i.e., not back to 50 crowns). Somehow 50 crowns at lord nightshade does NOT compare to 50 crowns at malistair in the return. Please reconsider how this operates.

DELETED/IGNORED FRIENDS
Please fix this. I have finally learned what these features do from hard core personal experience. I deleted some child from my friends list and guess what? He ports to me (which is why he was deleted in the first place). I am still his friend but he is not mine. So I befriend him again so that I can ignore him. Guess what, he ports to me the next day! And guess what, I can’t see a word he is saying. Oh that is useless! I have learned that I must have him in my sight, and out right delete them as they are looking at me. If you ignore, you lose the right to get rid of them. I should have the right to pick and choose my friends and who should be able to port to me and so should my relations. The current programming needs fixing.

BAZAAR
The bazaar salesman is giving lousy prices again on certain items, and has a nasty habit of shorting you a dollar on all deals. Crafty little buggar.

IS MY DRAGON TOO FAT?
I have been through Crimson Fields numerous times on a broom and a horse and never been pulled. The dragon is a magnet. I got pulled four times on one trip to Grum before I abandoned the mount.

PLEASE ADD THE WORD "MOUNT" to the allowed vocabulary or choose a different name for the brooms, horses, etc. I understand the elimination of the word "mount," so why add it to the game, call it a ride or any thing but allow people with limited chat to talk about them.

SEAMSTRESS - I just love her! Great idea.

NO TRADE/TRADE items. I love the NO TRADE status removed from most items. There are a few I would love to see carry the tradable status so I can take them to the seamstress. There are three jackets that have such great detailing and personality. All can be found by putting the jackets in alpha order and looking at the last page. They are level 25-35 myth and life jackets. There is also a storm jacket from the ONI that has real potential for the seamstress. I heard that these jacets along with the old crown look were old fashioned and being phased out. Sorry to hear that because I really dislike the superman underwear look of the 45 and 50 gear. And that wolf helmet is just ugly, a must for the seamstress for all. My work around is to have them in one character's bank then trade the malistaire jacket to her then she goes to the seamstress and puts it in the shared bank.

CROWN WEAR
Who ever thought up the idea to put crown wear in the separte shops should be demoted. Buying crown wear in MB is impossible. Or fix the signs in MB so you can at least see what is going on rather than wandering around aimlessly passing by the jacket or hat shop because the street is so dark. Send the crown back to zeke. It is just so much easier for the crown buyer to compare all his gear to what crown could do for their character.

CROWN SHOP BUTTON OPTIONS
Very nice addition to the game. Please consider adding to the list of sale items all sales gear rather than level appropriate gear only. This allows a grand master to gift to a lower level an item. It appears that you must be the level of the clothing to see the sale item. Also, users may want to buy gear for their other characters. You are limiting sales here.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
MordanTheGreat wrote:
pitathanks wrote:

Wouldn't that just be wonderful. This would be a great suggestion and should seriously be considered for the next update by KI. HINT HINT ( Please Fix Crafting! ).

It wasn't a suggestion. This is already implimented in the game. It's how many of us make cards from our schools to gift to friends. As long as you have a boost card, you can add that boost to any of your cards in your deck and make an instant 'gold' card to be given away.

MordanTheGreat wrote:
Since you moderate this, please moderate the following out, it is for KI's eyes only.

CRAFTING ISSUES

On the whole, you have refused to answer or address crafting issues even with the update. As a retired math instructor, I loved the idea of adding math to the game as crafting did. It allowed kids to learn addition, subtraction, multiplication in a fun way, in theory. In reality, it turned into a tedious search for reagents, or vigilance at the bazaar. I have officially given up on crafting, and strongly suggested that my family members do the same. I am beyond Molly the Frustrated Crafter, and deserve the badge Refuses to Craft till KI Gets Their Act Together. Your answer was to

1. Increase the amount of reagents that could be held in a backpack (creating an ability for users to hoard reagents, thus decreasing the amount that could be found in the bazaar); Also, with this increase in reagents in user's backpacks cause the user to become slower as with keeping large number of treasure cards.

Funny, but I haven't seen any decrease of regents in the bazaar, unless it's a weekday and everyone is on snatching them up as fast as they're sold. On weekends, the majority of regeants are at 100. And stay that way for hours unless a lot of people are doing crafting quests and purchasing regeants rather then farming for them. Even the rare regeants end up in double digits on weekends. So there's obviously no shortage of regeants in the bazaar.

And most people who are keeping that many regeants are either doing so for crafting or sale...Which means again that the bazaar is getting the benefit of those surplus regeants as well as people can now collect all of the regents needed for a quest without worry of overloading their backpack.

MordanTheGreat wrote:
[
2. Decrease the number of items to be crafted (I am not sure of the full ramifications of this because frankly, I have given up on crafting.) Your response to me was to mysteriously insert into my bank the rings without clearing the "crafted" portion of the game. About all I could do with the rings was sell them so that some poor guy that had crafted theirs and sold them at the bazaar to pay for their bad crafting habit could maybe buy them back;

Actually, they were lowered to two apiece in the crafting quests. The only issues have been those doing crafting quests during the switchover of lowering the amount. So those indivduals have had to make an additional item to reset the counter to the new levels. How much lower do you want them to be? 1? None?

MordanTheGreat wrote:
3. Created recipes to transform reagents (glad you liked this suggestion, I think it has potential); and

4. You did add a hex card to Nigel's offerings (I am not sure of what other cards were missing from the grand fiasco called crafting);

but all of these do not fix this poorly designed aspect of Wiz 101. The new fix is a simply a band aid on a limb that needs to be removed or serious reevaluation not just a quick fix. Recipe prices and reagents need to be carefully evaluated not just picked from a hat as is the obvious current situation. No real thought was put into this addition of the programming and users that reached Master Craftsman deserves more than a badge they deserve free months for testing this mess. My Hat is Off to all who stuck it out! Crafting is a great idea that needs work. Spreadsheet work on your part to determine totals associated with crafting the items versus what the system has to offer users.

Crafting is and has always been an option. And seems they've done quite a bit of work on it already to make others happy. Outside of just giving the badges without actually doing the quests, they can't make it any simplier.

And the prices of regeants is reasonable, depending on their availability and rareness. The bazaar prices are for those not wanting to actually spend the time to farm for the regeants. And as such, the 'market', thus the 'price' of those regeants depends solely on those actually willing to go out and do the farming to provide the items for sale. Want the prices to drop? Then go farm regeants, sell them quickly, and keep the bazaar flooded 7/24 and the prices would reflect that continous availability and cheapness.

MordanTheGreat wrote:
The cost and time involved to reach master craftsman is insane. You could buy three dragons by the time you get to adept crafter. The cost to reach this level is just beyond reason. Please do the numbers before you do another update. This means, the total for reaching the new badge status (currently, I believe that it is at about one-forth the actual cost of crafting). Has anyone really looked at some of the completed wyrn furniture or the carousel (that looks so great in those tiny little windows that gives you a preview)? Well the final product is not as WOW. For all the effort and work, most are expecting them to be a little larger. Even more insulting was the resale value on a carousel ... around $600 in the furniture shop or $6000 in the bazaar. Keep in mind, the recipe alone was $10,000 not to mention all the reagents, hunting down someone to help with the myth cards that HAD TO BE CRAFTED not made on Unicorn in Wizard City and the overall time involved.

Funny, but outside of the actual recipe, vials, gold cards and coal/oil? Making the items didn't cost me anything but a bit of time farming. I realize that not everyone wants to farm though. Hence the reason in the first place for the bazaar, so those not wanting to do all of that, can purchase the items instead from those that are actually doing the leg work of providing the regeants...

And you can deffinately get around the issue of the gold cards if you have a friend who's of the school you're needing the card of. Buy them the boost card to make the card for you. Spend 25 coin on a boost to get a 100+ coin gold card.

If you don't want to spend a fortune on the regeants? It's called actually investing a bit of time into the actual farming of the regeants you need. And having the transmutation recipes now, make getting your rares even that much easier and quicker.

MordanTheGreat wrote:
SOUND CHANGES IN THE GAME

I just went through MB about a week ago, what happened to the scrap iron? Two days later I went through Mooshu, and the lack of lotus blossoms only reinforced my decision to NOT craft. I don't see that you have addressed the issue of respawn time. I cannot believe that at 2 am PST to 6 am PST you have farmers cleaning out ALL the scrap metal and lotus flowers (along with the hidden springs and black pearls).

Trust me when I say this but...Yes, there's a lot of regeant farmers on at those times. I'm one of them and I still have to race to get to the regeants first.

You need to remember that this game isn't just played by people in the US. There's many overseas players and what is your night/early morning is their afternoon/early evening hours. So there's people on 7/24 in different time zones. Not just during your preferred US user time zones.

MordanTheGreat wrote:
SLOT MACHINES
DELETED/IGNORED FRIENDS
BAZAAR
IS MY DRAGON TOO FAT?

MordanTheGreat wrote:
[PLEASE ADD THE WORD "MOUNT" to the allowed vocabulary or choose a different name for the brooms, horses, etc. I understand the elimination of the word "mount," so why add it to the game, call it a ride or any thing but allow people with limited chat to talk about them.

It was removed for a reason. There's actually an update explaining why as the word can be used in a sexual manner.

MordanTheGreat wrote:
SEAMSTRESS - I just love her! Great idea.

NO TRADE/TRADE items.
CROWN WEAR
CROWN SHOP BUTTON OPTIONS

Anyways...Not going to derail this thread anymore then you've managed to do with talking about everything other then the actual topic itself...

In the future? Why don't you start a topic of your own, rather then highjacking another with off-topic content? In fact, there's already threads discussing these very things. Which is where your response belonged, not in this thread.