Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ANYONE with Menu Chat?????

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
I am not allowed to do text chat, so of course my only other option is menu chat. However, there are like NO people with menu chat AT ALL!!! :( So i am stuck asking other people to help me that wont even TRY to ask me properly! I mean all they do is text chat me when i clearly say: Sorry, I DONT have text chat. And they answer me with another text. Then i say it again and get the same answer. So i was wondering if there is any one else that has menu chat(not CAN USE, but has to use)? ANYONE!!! All the other people i have seen with menu chat are a few low levels, like three of my sort of levels, and then like one or two Grandmasters. I mean a couple more, but GEEZ all i see are text chaters!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~lvl 47 Master sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
You must just be on odd server at the time. I run into 100s of people with your limited option a day. When do talk to them in voice chat. Sure it is not nice as almost unlimited chat I can use but can still get points to you and others with it.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Yah. I guess i have noticed a little more people with menu chat. But it would still be helpful if i used text because i could at least explain something clearer!

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
i love menu chat.you can express yourselve :D :D my wizard name is jason spirithammer so if you see me, say the words kevin.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
are you sure your not in a different dimension?

because all i ever see is menu chat players its so annoying how they only see ... whenever you talk to them, obviously i can't ask them for help when i need it...

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
IamLezul wrote:
I am not allowed to do text chat, so of course my only other option is menu chat. However, there are like NO people with menu chat AT ALL!!! :( So i am stuck asking other people to help me that wont even TRY to ask me properly! I mean all they do is text chat me when i clearly say: Sorry, I DONT have text chat. And they answer me with another text. Then i say it again and get the same answer. So i was wondering if there is any one else that has menu chat(not CAN USE, but has to use)? ANYONE!!! All the other people i have seen with menu chat are a few low levels, like three of my sort of levels, and then like one or two Grandmasters. I mean a couple more, but GEEZ all i see are text chaters!

Wow, that always happens to me! Man, do I hate Menu Chat! Am I right? Let me see here... like 96 of my friends are text chat (and I have 100 friends)!
And the other four are menu chat! Dang, it stinks so much!

~Michael Thunderspear
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
LucarioAura45 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

Wow, that always happens to me! Man, do I hate Menu Chat! Am I right? Let me see here... like 96 of my friends are text chat (and I have 100 friends)!
And the other four are menu chat! Dang, it stinks so much!

~Michael Thunderspear
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Yah. But i guess its the whole safety first thing. Because even though text chat is filtered, you can still say a good amount of stuff(I have a true friends with my sis, so i know). But its annoying because nobody understands what i am trying to say to them sometimes! They need to improve menu chat a bit, dont ya think????

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 47 Master sorcerer

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
coldvolcano wrote:
i love menu chat.you can express yourselve :D :D my wizard name is jason spirithammer so if you see me, say the words kevin.

Umm, who said anything about kevin? i'm confused. lol

Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
omg, i fell the same way EXACTLY! One of my best friends ever does that to me ( i know right) but it is getting on my nerves i wish evryone didn't have text like it was when i first started playing about a year and a half ago

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
Are you sure they are talking to YOU? I have a friend (Sydney JadeHammer) who doesn't have text chat. Every time she teleports to me, I am talking to my friends who DO have text chat. Then she continuously repeats "I'm sorry, I don't have text chat" over and over again. I tell her not to do that anymore irl (because I do know her there) but she somehow "forgets" and does it again. I wasn't talking to her in the first place, however.

So, next time you come across someone who has text chat and who seems to be talking to you, remember that when you say "Sorry I don't have text chat" or whatever they may find you annoying. Look closely at them and see which way they are facing.

I'm not saying there WON'T be people that are talking to you in text chat... I'm just saying that I don't know many people who would do that.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Earthleaf wrote:
Are you sure they are talking to YOU? I have a friend (Sydney JadeHammer) who doesn't have text chat. Every time she teleports to me, I am talking to my friends who DO have text chat. Then she continuously repeats "I'm sorry, I don't have text chat" over and over again. I tell her not to do that anymore irl (because I do know her there) but she somehow "forgets" and does it again. I wasn't talking to her in the first place, however.

So, next time you come across someone who has text chat and who seems to be talking to you, remember that when you say "Sorry I don't have text chat" or whatever they may find you annoying. Look closely at them and see which way they are facing.

I'm not saying there WON'T be people that are talking to you in text chat... I'm just saying that I don't know many people who would do that.

Yah, i know when they are talking to me or not. Cause i go right up to them(face to face) and say "Can you help me please?" . Then they answer to ME in text chat. Usually there is nobody else around even.

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 47 Master sorcerer

Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
Don't forget that there are probably quite a few people who don't totally understand the whole chat system and make think that you can read text chat. I didn't know until recently, simply because I've always had open chat. Even with 18+ chat I have to remember that not everyone can read what I've wrote so I still have to work around the filters sometimes when I'm trying to say something.

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
IamLezul wrote:

I just got text chat a month or so ago, so i know how ya feel try to find me
-Alex Shadowsword lvl. 50 fire
-Tristan Lotuswielder lvl. 47 ice
-Patrick Winterspear lvl. 46 death
-Flint Waterfountain lvl. 23 myth

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
skbronco6 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

I just got text chat a month or so ago, so i know how ya feel try to find me
-Alex Shadowsword lvl. 50 fire
-Tristan Lotuswielder lvl. 47 ice
-Patrick Winterspear lvl. 46 death
-Flint Waterfountain lvl. 23 myth

I'll try to find you. What realm are you usually on?