Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dueling Bug Exploit?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
I ran across what appears to be a bug being purposely exploited in dueling last night that hit me twice for about 50 ranking points total. I was wondering if anyone else had seen it before.

I get pulled into the Marleybone arena for a duel. No opponent is opposite me. A spectator already there tells me that the opponent fled. After a little while, a transparent image of an oppoennt appears and the clock starts counting down the start of the duel. After it counts down, the opponent is gone and nothing happens. All the time the spectator is telling me to flee. Eventually, after sitting around for a little while longer, I quit and get dinged for fleeing the match.

Second time - same opponent and spectator, same as first time. This time I stay put. The transparent opponent thing happens twice. The spectator make a snide comment that clearly indicates he knows what's going on. After sticking around for a while, the outcome screen comes up and I am charged with fleeing the match !!

One other odd thing is that, based on our ranking point disparity (250 points at the beginning), I don't think I would have been matched against him under normal circumstances.

I quit dueling at that point and am now hesitant to return.

Comments?

Administrator
Thank you to all the Wizards who reported this exploit. We are looking into fixing this and again, thank you.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 15, 2009
Is anything going to be done to the people using this? It seems to be spreading in use as I just came back from a vacation and got hit by it yet again from a different person. That's about 70 ranking points lost so far. Should we all quit dueling until it's fixed?

You would think that people ruining confidence in the game systems would be dealt with rather harshly.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
apocalypseff wrote:
I ran across what appears to be a bug being purposely exploited in dueling last night that hit me twice for about 50 ranking points total. I was wondering if anyone else had seen it before.

I get pulled into the Marleybone arena for a duel. No opponent is opposite me. A spectator already there tells me that the opponent fled. After a little while, a transparent image of an oppoennt appears and the clock starts counting down the start of the duel. After it counts down, the opponent is gone and nothing happens. All the time the spectator is telling me to flee. Eventually, after sitting around for a little while longer, I quit and get dinged for fleeing the match.

Second time - same opponent and spectator, same as first time. This time I stay put. The transparent opponent thing happens twice. The spectator make a snide comment that clearly indicates he knows what's going on. After sticking around for a while, the outcome screen comes up and I am charged with fleeing the match !!

One other odd thing is that, based on our ranking point disparity (250 points at the beginning), I don't think I would have been matched against him under normal circumstances.

I quit dueling at that point and am now hesitant to return.

Comments?
Yea that happen to me and lost over 30 points and its was just crazy