Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A simple question....Treasure Cards

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Can someone please explain how to access and use Treasure Cards?

I have only been on here 3-4 days now and I am a member and level 11. I don't see anywhere that really explains well how to get to and use these.

I have read that if you discard cards that you get access to treasure cards but I have never had one come up. I have also never seen the "draw" button light up. How can I get this to work?

Are treasure cards only for use in PVP, or are they for using against monsters too?

Would someone please explain this to me or be kind enough to point me to somewhere that explains this in better detail?

Thanks!

Hero
May 02, 2009
In order to use Treasure cards, first you need to equip them into your sideboard, then discard a card of your choosing, then click on the draw button, and a random T. card will appear if you have mre than one equipped.

Remember, they are one use only, but if a T. card fizzles, it goes back into your sideboard.

I hope that I helped some.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
You can use treasure cards by adding them to your deck. Go to your spell deck in your backpack then click on the icon on the far right that has the treasure card symbol. Click on whatever treasure cards to put them on your deck. It's the same thing with regular cards. In battle, right click on any card to discard it. The draw icon will light up. Click it and a random treasure card will appear. Only one treasure card can be taken out per cards that you discard
Hope this helps :D :D

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
You have to put the Treasure Cards into your deck just like your school spells. Click 'P' on your keyboard. You should see your spells on the right and the deck on the left. Above these are icons for each of the schools. The furthest one on the right is the Treasure Card Icon (looks like a yellow card).

Click on that and you'll see all your current treasure cards displayed on the right and the ones currently in your deck on the left. To add a card simply click on it and it will appear in your deck. To remove, click on the card in the deck.

You have to do this for all your spells (first couple of spells will automatically be entered) and if you change decks. If you get a new deck, remember to equip it and then click on the spells you want to fill it.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
here are steps to help anybody use treasure cards
1: make sure they are in your deck, in the deck set-up menu there is some gold cards on the upper right hand side,click, you will notice that the screen changed, to the left are you equipped treasure cards to the right are the avalible cards that you do have click on thise and you will see it moves to the left screen now it equipped!

2:in a duel you have to discard one of the cards in your hand by right-clicking on that card, you will see the DRAW button light up click on it and your equipped treasure cards will be drawn and used

Hope this post helped :D

Wolf DawnBlood Grandmaster Sorcerer lvl50

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
oceandaydreamer wrote:
Can someone please explain how to access and use Treasure Cards?

I have only been on here 3-4 days now and I am a member and level 11. I don't see anywhere that really explains well how to get to and use these.

I have read that if you discard cards that you get access to treasure cards but I have never had one come up. I have also never seen the "draw" button light up. How can I get this to work?

Are treasure cards only for use in PVP, or are they for using against monsters too?

Would someone please explain this to me or be kind enough to point me to somewhere that explains this in better detail?

Thanks!

To use treasure cards, first you gotta be IN battle. Next you find a card you don't want to use at the moment, right click it with your mouse. That will make it disappear. Next look where the draw button is lit up. click that and the treasure card will appear on the left side of the cards already sitting there. Couple rules, you can NOT remove treasure cards you just drew, you must wait one round. You can replace ALL the cards for that round BUT I don't advise that or you'll go through your cards really really fast. Some cards are ment to be stacked, keen eyes and tough are in that group. Click on keen eyes, or tough and the card you are allowed to enhance will light up, click on only the one you want enhanced.

Now to add to your treasure cards, once you use them they are gone. Bring up your spell deck look on the right side for a small deck of gold cards and click that icon. That opens up where your treasure cards are and the spaces you can fill. Suggestion, put a heal for yourself AND a friend in there, can never have too much healing.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Thank you everyone for your kind responses :)

I had taken all the steps you all mentioned and for some reason my "draw" button was never lighting up, then later that day after I posted I finally was able to discard cards and get the "draw" button to light up and let me have access to my sideboard.

Maybe it was just a glitch I was experiencing.

Anyway, than you all, and maybe other newbies might find this thread helpful...lol.
Just got to level 20 the other night, so I am really enjoying things here and meeting many good people! :D

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Your very welcome, was a nice change to have the answer to give you. Some of the questions I can't answer and it is a pain to try and figure out exactly what they are looking for.

My new death girl is still in WC but moving right along, soon I hope to be in the next world!