Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Battle system changes - Ideas and Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
The PvP Battle system could use a few updates that could also be tied in with other possibilities. I was thinking about the end of each match there could be a screen showing the total damage output by each member and team as a whole. Total healing amount, spells successfully cast, total number of rounds, and other statistics for the match.

Something that could also be tied into this would be a change in the amount of tickets awarded at the end of a match. The longer a match goes on for the more damage, healing, and successfully cast spells would be done. The winning vs. loosing team could still get the same 10 to 3 ratio of Arena Tickets but the number of tickets should be increased based on the resulting stats.

What do you all think?

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
BlindingShade wrote:
...The longer a match goes on for the more damage, healing, and successfully cast spells would be done. The winning vs. loosing team could still get the same 10 to 3 ratio of Arena Tickets but the number of tickets should be increased based on the resulting stats.

As an added suggestion to this part to prevent abuse matches resulting in less then the total amount of damage needed to actually kill the other team (such as fleeing to gain tickets or the like) could also be worked into a formula to award more tickets for more effort.

As it is right now a match that lasts for 1 round still grants the same reward as one that lasts 100 rounds with thousands of damage. I just think something needs to be done to properly reward effort and time without unbalancing the ticket's system as a whole.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
I so agree with you, BlindingShade. I had a 5-7 hour match and I gained 10 tickets and 12+ rank. I don't think it was much. Depending on how many hours the match, rounds, etc, we should we more than 10 tickets. At least 30-40 would be good. Lol, I know, a lot but still it would be cool to have that.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Setting a hard cap of maybe 50 tickets for a really long battle or where more then 10 times the life totals of all players has been dealt should be requirements to reach the cap. And these are almost common place in high level PvP.

So long as it is a reflection on effort and time spent I think everyone will be much happier and enjoy the system more.

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
I had some ideas for balancing how the turn based system works. Right now the person who goes first has a distinct advantage for the whole match. Could there be some random event chance that "interrupts" the PvP battle and changes the turn order right in the middle?

For example, Fred is going first and Bill is going second each round. After Fred casts his spell an interruption occurs and both players get to select cards to cast again. There are no new Pips because it is still in the middle of the same turn. Once the new cards are selected by both players the turn finishes only now Bill is going first each subsequent round and Fred is now going second.

Several of these interruptions could occur over a long battle or none at all. It would just be a new random element.

What do others think?