Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

50 tries and no life robe

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
The past week i haven't done anything but fight malistare. I have fought him around maybe 50 times this week for the life robe, but i have not gotten it. I keep thinking i might get the next time but i don't. I have gotten every single robe but the life one, why is this? I know its random but usually people get it in 1-10 tries not 50+ tries! What can I do to increase my chance or what should I do about this?

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Give this a try....get more life people in on the fight and make sure the majority of the spells cast against Malistaire and his crew are life spells. You may just get what you want :)

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
I feel your pain I have been trying to get his EBON robe and he just doesnt want to drop for me :( and the bad thing is I have gotten his dang storm robe 5 times in a row....... I am just hoping this is a bug because I am very sick of seeing malistaires wrathful wrap come on to screen so much.....

there needs to be a way for people to choose what gear they want from malistaire....

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
hi i know have you feel i have six grandmasters all of them farm malistar daily for robes have gotten every robe he owns but never the one for the character i am using to beat him so they are all worthless as they are no trade items. i am hoping they can change that soon i mean you put in the time and win the object and i understand about no auction so people do not receive it without the work but why not trade to own self. just a thought but i believe if i earn it i should be able to use it with who ever i want between all my wizards i must have fought malistar several hundred times ,just one robe in right school for wizard would be very encouraging.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Hero
May 19, 2009
it doesnt matter what school you are or what spells you cast, the drops are always going to be random

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
SUPERCAMPER wrote:
I feel your pain I have been trying to get his EBON robe and he just doesnt want to drop for me :( and the bad thing is I have gotten his dang storm robe 5 times in a row....... I am just hoping this is a bug because I am very sick of seeing malistaires wrathful wrap come on to screen so much.....

there needs to be a way for people to choose what gear they want from malistaire....

That would be too easy :P I'm lucky it only took me 3 times to get my life robe :D

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
ugh i know exactly how you feel i got every single robe except the life one! and even a crate of chickens for some reason :P i hope they do something about it like putting in a better chance of getting the robe of your school. I know it's also part of the game to keep trying to get what you want but after 50 times it gets really annoying :(

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
A lot of my friends have been farming him for months and STILL, no avail. I got my Malistaire's Purgatory Coat on my 3rd try, when I had the quest to fight him (1st two times i tagged with some grand friends, I was level 49). My other fire friend isn't grand yet, about level 47 I think, and he's gotten his Malistaire Fire Robe already (sorry, I don't know the exact name), which he is waiting to use, and a Storm Hound drop! I think the 3rd try was just pure luck, because afterwards, when I help my friends fam him, all I get is Ectoplasm after Ectoplasm, Runed Painting, and Crate of Chickens.

Boy, I dunno what to do with over 50 Ectoplasms, and I could start a farm with all my crazy looking chickens plus an art gallery with my Paintings, no kidding.

I've gotten the Iceflame Tunic from Malistaire and the Balance one as well, which I really wish to gift to my friends.

:(

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
I am having the same problem with several drops I am trying to get. Honestly, I think after a certain number of fights, you should eventually receive all the possible drops.

I am very seriously considering quitting because I am not wasting any more time on things that would be fun to have, and keep the game interesting, but I have to spend so much time trying to get them. I'm better off finding a different, more rewarding game.

You're probably losing a lot of players because of this Kings Isle. You may want to consider some sort of change.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
*Laugh*

Two choices:

1. Keep trying and stop being a little baby. (Certain drops are RARE for a reason)

2. Quit! (Yeah...you showed them!)

I'll keep on eye out on the other MMO boards for you when you decide to go to a more rewarding game and begin to complain that you can't get certain RARE drops easily. I'll say hi again when I find ya.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Proman1355 wrote:
SUPERCAMPER wrote:

That would be too easy :P I'm lucky it only took me 3 times to get my life robe :D

i tried more than you and still nothing, its just like my life shoes took me over a week to get them :P