Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I got The Boss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
Ok- I am relatively new at this so maybe I am missing something.

Today I got my minion spell. I am in the death school so I am too excited to see what this baby does.

I am saving all my pips and battling the Bonekeeper in the Ahnic Tomb all by myself and one of my friends ports to me and says "I got the boss."

Huh? This is MY quest, I was by myself minding my own business and this dude comes in to tell ME what to do? What is up with that?

This happens frequently. What is the advantage to "getting the boss"?

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
there is no advantage of getting the boss. but i read somewhere that if you use lower pip spell than the rank of the enemy you get more xp at the end of the battle. :D

jacob boomwalker lvl44 ice

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I don't understand the whole "I got the boss" thing myself, particularly when someone joins MY match. PARTICULARLY the snippiness when I dare to attack The Boss. I prefer to attack each enemy together and get rid of them faster to lower my chances of defeat. Too often I get "What the?" Let's just chill out a little, shall we?

Probably just a combination of bad sportsmanship and taking the game WAY too seriously.

I am not sure what the advantage is...

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
The advantage to "getting the boss" is self gratification.

That, and they have to be in the battle long enough to count towards getting loot. If you were to kill the boss right after they port in and they don't get a chance to do anything, they don't get any credit for the kill and no loot for it.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Cronniss wrote:
The advantage to "getting the boss" is self gratification.

That, and they have to be in the battle long enough to count towards getting loot. If you were to kill the boss right after they port in and they don't get a chance to do anything, they don't get any credit for the kill and no loot for it.

I try to say; Just pay attention to TRAPS and BUFFS, all to often
someone ruins a bunch of set traps on a MOB with a cheap wand spell.
and I also say back to the ' I got the Boss' is anyone gets the boss
because YOU may FIZZ!

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
thanks for the info about the loot.

Usually this happens after I have laid my death traps and set up myself to take out the boss and his minion so it is annoying.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
One of the many reasons why my friends list has about 5 people on it. I also can't stand it when someone says, "I got the boss" and wants me to wait while "The Boss" keeps piling up the damage on me. I usually say, "No" and kill whoever is doing the most damage to me first.

There is surprisingly less rudness in this game than in other MMO's I have played which is nice.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
I just ignore them and attack who I want to attack specially if they joined my battle.

When me and my friend's play we usually devide up and let each other know who is getting who. Specially if one person has a boost against the enemy. Works better that way!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Nicolplix wrote:
Ok- I am relatively new at this so maybe I am missing something.

Today I got my minion spell. I am in the death school so I am too excited to see what this baby does.

I am saving all my pips and battling the Bonekeeper in the Ahnic Tomb all by myself and one of my friends ports to me and says "I got the boss."

Huh? This is MY quest, I was by myself minding my own business and this dude comes in to tell ME what to do? What is up with that?

This happens frequently. What is the advantage to "getting the boss"?

It does get annoying.What me and my friend do in marleybone is that if an enemy is a life monster I have to kill it otherwise my friend won't do much because he is life,he has to kill any storm monsters we bump into because I am storm.If neither we go for the minion then the boss.Also if you don't like people porting try turning your port off.