Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

chest... ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2009
I just want to know how do you open those Obsidian chest you find in some
quest & whats inside them anyway?

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Gh0st12ider
Post Aug/13/2009 2:01:48 pm Subject: chest... ?
I just want to know how do you open those Obsidian chest you find in some
quest & whats inside them anyway?

When you get to the quest where they are required you will thank your lucky stars you remember where they are. Till then you get to look but that's all.
I don't want to give away what's in side, sorry. A little mystery in your life is good to keep your brain working.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Defender
Dec 23, 2008
First, you're going to need the Obsidian Key, which may be dropped when you defeat Grubb nine times in a row.

Next, you'll need to learn the Obsidian Chant. Once you defeat Spike the Crusher in the Big Ben tower, he gives you the final reagent ingredient in the Obsidian Chant recipe.

What you'll find inside, of course, is Cyrus Drake's shopping list, and if you complete the list quickly enough, he'll only sneer at you instead of turning you into a chupacabra.

Hope that helps!

P.S. Yes, of course I'm lying. I just figured there were wizards out there trying to complete Sunken City and Big Ben, and could use your help. Actually the chests are just a McGuffin used in a quest you get in DragonSpyre.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
You get the quest to open them when you're almost through with Dragonspyre, the quest makes you open all the chests that are in all the worlds, the hardest one to get would be at the labyrinth. After you all the quests go to Ashley ( fire tree who gave you the quest) and I don't remember if you get a staff called: Dragon Rider Staff then or later, as for what's in them it's pieces to the dragon staff I think.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Zombie107 wrote:
You get the quest to open them when you're almost through with Dragonspyre, the quest makes you open all the chests that are in all the worlds, the hardest one to get would be at the labyrinth. After you all the quests go to Ashley ( fire tree who gave you the quest) and I don't remember if you get a staff called: Dragon Rider Staff then or later, as for what's in them it's pieces to the dragon staff I think.

you read the last chapter in a book too? new players don't need everything told to them.....takes the fun and adventure out of the game.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
KiansDad wrote:
First, you're going to need the Obsidian Key, which may be dropped when you defeat Grubb nine times in a row.

Next, you'll need to learn the Obsidian Chant. Once you defeat Spike the Crusher in the Big Ben tower, he gives you the final reagent ingredient in the Obsidian Chant recipe.

What you'll find inside, of course, is Cyrus Drake's shopping list, and if you complete the list quickly enough, he'll only sneer at you instead of turning you into a chupacabra.

Hope that helps!

P.S. Yes, of course I'm lying. I just figured there were wizards out there trying to complete Sunken City and Big Ben, and could use your help. Actually the chests are just a McGuffin used in a quest you get in DragonSpyre.
When I beat Grubb all I get is the message "failed to get obsidian key.....try again". Are you sure it was just nine times in a row.
Thanks, Kieran

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
kith6227 wrote:
KiansDad wrote:

Hope that helps!

When I beat Grubb all I get is the message "failed to get obsidian key.....try again". Are you sure it was just nine times in a row.
Thanks, Kieran

It could be more like on the quests where you need so many of certain items
sometimes you have to kill what seems like 50! before you finaly get what you need.