Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Account Stealers?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
I met a person who said he would level me up if i told him my account username and password. I dont know why this is happening and its really starting to annoy me because this person offered treasure cards and claim that his dad made the game. Any ideas how to stop this?

Please read this because I have heard complaints about things being sold also. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Administrator
Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You need to report these people immediately!

i have a problem with this same situation. for some reason things that i have bought are dissapering. like a few days ago i bought to treasure cards and the next day they were both gone! this is happening constantly and i want it to stop! it's not fair that someone is taking the stuff i worked very hard to get.
Can some one please stop this before it goes too far?
;(

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You need to report these people immediately!

+ one million!!!!

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Remember the old saying "if it seems too good to be true it usually is"? remember that? teach your kids to report these others, it is wrong for them to do this and if you don't let anyone know they will catch someone else and do some not so nice things to thier accounts.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
I have always had this problem. I thought my bank was just overflowing. Sorry if this is a old post.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I got into a couple of these situations, once a guy told me to add him cause he wanted to ask me something, then i added him. Later he asked if we wanted to trade accounts, I said no constantly, reported him, and removed him. He seemed cool about the end. and if you see something about treasure cards, there, then gone, change your password IMMEDIATELY!

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Report them, yes, someone, the Prof. wrote this, but here's what to do if he/she reports you back: Say, "You know, you are just making this problem worse, for I did nothing and so, reporting people can result in A BAN OF YOUR ACCOUNT!" Write this like you really would, not all "you no you are make problem bad i did no wrong and you could be banned from wizard101 cause you reported me for no reason". Write it NORMALLY, so they know you mean it. If they still act all full of themselves and happy, say, "I wouldn't be laughing, you may be banned for reporting me for no reason." Do whatever you can do to make sure he/she knows he's in trouble. Write it NORMALLY, not 'texty.'
Next, tell them that they should apologize and not report anyone anymore for no reason. IMPORTANT: DO NOT BE RUDE WITH YOUR WORDS! THEN THEY WILL HAVE A REASON TO REPORT YOU! Sometimes, people report someone for real. Let's take me, for example.
In The Commons, someone was hiding curses. So I reported her imidiatly, saying I beleive this: "Hiding curses in their words" and my heart went all, THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP really fast, because she was screaming, "WHO REPORTED ME?" Usually, people that report you back (I didn't get reported back, because The Commons were full of roaming, Text Chat wizards) say, "Reporting me" "Reporting me for no reason" or just leave it blank. They are just making more trouble. So, if they report you for no reason, you have three choices: 1) Ignore them, 2) Report them back 3)Do nothing, pretending they aren't there and pretending you don't care, because they will get in trouble, or you can just teleport to your dorm room.

Hannah Dragonsword level 43 fire

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
accioliv88 wrote:
So, if they report you for no reason, you have three choices: 1) Ignore them, 2) Report them back 3)Do nothing, pretending they aren't there and pretending you don't care, because they will get in trouble, or you can just teleport to your dorm room.

1. Yes, 3. sure. 2. Absolutely NOT!

How many times do the staff have to tell you people that reporting others because they reported you, even falsely, is not acceptable. It will only get yourself in trouble if you keep doing this.

If you've been reported, and you believe that you have done nothing wrong, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
As a thought...

I would like to see KI offer an option in Account Management that allows you to select a Forum Name to use as opposed to showing your account log in name on the forum. A hacker only has to guess or generate your password to access your account as it is now.

Semper Fi,

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
accioliv88 wrote:
So, if they report you for no reason, you have three choices: 1) Ignore them, 2) Report them back 3)Do nothing, pretending they aren't there and pretending you don't care, because they will get in trouble, or you can just teleport to your dorm room.

How many times do the staff have to tell you people that reporting others because they reported you, even falsely, is not acceptable. It will only get yourself in trouble if you keep doing this.

If you've been reported, and you believe that you have done nothing wrong, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Yes, my number 2 was to see if you would do the wrong thing. Report them back? Problem gets even BIGGER!

Administrator
We agree, and this functionality will be available shortly.
Thank you!

tlr1950 wrote:
As a thought...

I would like to see KI offer an option in Account Management that allows you to select a Forum Name to use as opposed to showing your account log in name on the forum. A hacker only has to guess or generate your password to access your account as it is now.

Semper Fi,

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Thank you!

tlr1950 wrote:
As a thought...

Semper Fi,

Professor Greyrose rocks!

(By-the-by)
I finally decided to make a ice wizard!
I refuse to start collosus blvd though. (sadly)
(I did all the other side quests in wc except there though.)

Historian
May 15, 2009
Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
accioliv88 wrote:

You mean 2 is absolutly not and teleporting to your dorm room is sure riight.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
ITEMS MISSING FROM YOUR WIZARD/ACCOUNT:

If you are finding treasure cards and/or Crowns missing from your account, then it's very likely that somebody knows your password and is logging into your account to trade cards and/or gift Crowns. If this is the case:

1) Change your password immediately on both your player account AND the email account used to access the game. It might also be a good idea for the person in charge of the parental controls to change that password, as well.

2) Send in a ticket to Support, noting what's happening. If somebody is stealing from your account, KingsIsle may be able to find out who or at least the IP address of the thief. While you probably won't be getting your cards and/or Crowns back, it may stop the offender from doing the same thing again to you or others in the future.

---------------

SOMEBODY REPORTING YOU FOR NO REASON:

If somebody reports you for no reason, do NOT report them back for false reporting. The Wizard101 staff will know that their report is false. Also, do NOT give them a big speech about false reporting. That isn't your job, and if you word it wrong, you may appear to be impersonating a KingsIsle employee.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Thank you!

tlr1950 wrote:
As a thought...

Semper Fi,

Professor Greyrose,

Would it be possible for the U.S. version of the game to adopt the U.K. version’s method of login as a solution to this concern? In the U.K. players use their email address instead of their username to login. The username is only used for the forum.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I saw this one legendary thurgist, i friended him, and he told me he would switch accounts with me. I think i might have broke the sound barrier getting out of there. another time, i saw this guy in golem court, he said he would give me his pet foe treasure cards. I knew this guy was lying, but i had treasure cards i wanted to get rid of, so i gave them to him. sure enough, he didnt give me his pet. I got him back though. I told everyone he was lying in a way that confused him and made him feel like an idiot :D
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
bolt123321 wrote:
I met a person who said he would level me up if i told him my account username and password. I dont know why this is happening and its really starting to annoy me because this person offered treasure cards and claim that his dad made the game. Any ideas how to stop this?

Please read this because I have heard complaints about things being sold also. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That cant be true because i have seen WIZARD 101 youtube channel and it said that a whole team of computer experts + KI had to work a long time to even get the game started, so it is impossible for anyones dad to make the game. The dad in question could have a hand in it, but he could never fully make the game by himself, much less manage and update it.

Administrator
KingsIsle employees have their own badge. If someone claims they are a KingsIsle employee or associated with KingsIsle Entertainment in any way, but they cannot show you this badge, report them immediately.

Impersonation of a KingsIsle Employee is an immediate and permanently ban-able offense.

community@wizard101.com