Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upgrading my player

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
I am currently a level 35 wizard. I have always tried to get the most life and mana points out of my clothing etc. I am also interested in raising the level of my traits.
I am at 0% accuracy, resist etc. What other things, other than clothing, can I do to raise my level of accuracy and resistance so I can resist when spells are directed at me and increase my accuracy when I throw a spell?
Thanks for helping.

Defender
May 29, 2009
I believe that boosts to accuracy, resistance, damage, and power pip percentage really only come from the gear that you wear. I use try to max out health and mana too, but at around level 30 or so, I started to change up my gear to increase the other stats.

It is almost always a tradeoff between health, mana, and these other stats. You'll have to find the right combination for your style of play. At your level, you probably have 2 potions so factor that in. It means between battles, you can always top off health/mana, but there's nothing that can compensate for these other boosts. Crown gear generally gives boosts across the board (for example, 5% resistance against all types of spells). However, I have found the dropped gear that you get that is school specific to be more helpful. The accuracy for my own school spells is up 5%, 20% on damage (that's almost like having a blade for every spell in my school), and 30% resistance for my school.

Think of it this way, higher accuracy and higher damage means you have to cast fewer spells to kill the enemy. Fewer spells means fewer rounds that you'll be attacked so it's generally worth giving up some health for those stats. Good luck.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
I believe that it may have to do with the cards in your deck - particularly the blades and whatever enhancement spells you have.

I can't remember the name of them but I got these blades from the tree, Niles, in Krockotopia. Its a set of 3 that has Storm, Fire, and Ice (my school). I also got the matching trap shields to go with those blades to make the damage stronger.

I noticed that when I started to use those, my accuracy percentage started to move up a bit. I think I'm at 2% in each school.

Every now and then, I get the the Accuracy treasure card and Precision blade to enhance a spell when I need to make make the damage count (like when I'm on my last bit of health and can't afford to fizzle). Those cards may factor in with your percentage too.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
kman0 wrote:
I am currently a level 35 wizard. I have always tried to get the most life and mana points out of my clothing etc. I am also interested in raising the level of my traits.
I am at 0% accuracy, resist etc. What other things, other than clothing, can I do to raise my level of accuracy and resistance so I can resist when spells are directed at me and increase my accuracy when I throw a spell?
Thanks for helping.

Well i am not sure about accuracy points and all that from normal but crown items come with accuracy defence boost ect. but if you are lik me i dont play with crown items then you are gonna hve to be stuck with your schools resist and boost. I hope I helped. :D

Flint Ravenflame Master sorceror

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
if you want more resist etc etc buy weaker clothes by crowns. i know i know its a bad idea but its good if its the way you really want it. find stuff around the spiral and find some stuff that gives you what you need.