Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Players getting bored with Wizard 101.....a few qu

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
In the last week alone I noticed a few more" I am so bored with this game"
remarks by players that I just ran by. Well, I have to agree. If you do not raise the level cap, once you reached level 50 there is nothing else to do but to make a new char and do the whole thing over. I been working on a new char, but it is still very boring that the worlds are the same, I already know how to solve the puzzles, which boss to fear, which to just roll by and Grizzleheim was a start but you can get through that world in a day if you a a power gamer with a lot of time on your hands. I know that there is a lot of money going into the development of a new world, a beta testing period , etc. but if you want to keep a player interested, specially the young ones, you need to speed up the process .I know I am getting bored and now I see that I am not the only one. When can we expect a new world? Can you give an estimate? If I have to spend 7$ a month and than more for better housing and items, shouldn't I get my moneys worth? I realize that the monthly fee is about half of what other massive online games charge, but buying crowns and gift cards raises that one to about the same as other games. And with the huge success of Wizard 101 comes a responsibility to keep players satisfied and over all interested. And running around being bored is not the reason I pay, I want a reality recess, don't we all? Another question is, will my account be
saved or will I loose everthing if I discontinue my subscription for a month or two until something new to explore comes out. Many other games give players that cancel a grace period, meaning the account will be saved and nothing will be lost until reactivation.some games even keep your account on the server for years, so you can come back whenever you feel like it. What is your policy on that one?

Christina Moon
Grandmaster Necromancer

My ship finally came in , I was at the airport!

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Well they just released a major expansion so you have to give releasing a level cap a little time. I would like to see it raised as well but we will have to wait.

Also if you stop your subscription you will not lose anything on your character.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Well, in all honesty, KI held their end of the agreement by giving you your "reality recess" for 50 levels. It is now up to you to decide whether or not you wish to cancel your subscription until new content arrives and opens up the level cap or not. As far as I know, since I read it elsewhere on the board, that if you do decide to cancel in order to wait for new content, your character(s) will be saved, and they will be completely safe, secure and ready for your return when you do decide to do so in the future.

Bottom line is, even when KI lifts the cap and raises it to 60, there will be those players that race through the new content as quickly as possible and once again find that they are at a standstill once again....only to once again complain that they are "bored" and asking when the cap will be lifted yet again. Like you noted, these things take time, and if you are "bored" and do not wish to pay the current monthly fee until new content is delivered, like I said, that is up to you to decide.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I know :( My grandmaster friend said she is getting bored, cause she already beat everything, and now she's not getting on as much. I hope you make a new world soon KI.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Yes I agree.

If KI could put in a few more differant kinds of puzzles ( interwoven into the game itself ) Like in Krokotopia , and put them into Marlybone and DS.
It is the 'GRINDE' constant battling over and over and over but the
MOBS some are quite hard (for that level of wizard meant to be there)
so a longer time for each battle too. this IMO is why so many young ones
get bored or too fustrated. the constant repetition of the same things.

So change it a little, add a little. easier said than done I know.

But somewhere KI dropped the ball and has been having problems picking it back up again.
The brain of the game that has and does all the numbering, prices, keeps track of every object and 'its' place and properties etc. in the game. the game machanics , storyline has to all like balance out and flow into one smooth running game.

IMO; Crafting is what has messed a lot of things up
because of 1. all the tons of new robes hats boots etc. you can craft each has new stats to be added to the rest, these new stats cause the rest of the game stats to change too! , like; your wizard suddenly got weaker than he/she was , before the update. fizzle rate is in with the 100's of other
rates and stats all have to balance out if they don't then you get the messed up game we have now.

You change anything after the first finished version make one small mistake (oops tweaked it a little too much or too less) or forget to add in other properites etc. can either fix the first bug , but open up or create another 2 or 3 other game bugs in the game depending how its coded.

It takes a lot of work and brain power to put this all together and make it work as it should, and I know KI will pick that ball back up and run with it.
Just don't leave your members suggestions behind.

After all are we not the ones paying for it and 'In the game playing it'
a lot more than any KI personal is, that I know about.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
This was posted on wizard101central.com

This from wizard101 support:

Response (Mr. Lincoln)02/04/2009 05:25 PMGreetings,

If you cancel your subscription, your character will remain in tact, along with your items and experience points. You will not be able to access all of the areas you once did, however.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts

P.S. There's a host of information in our knowledge base. To access it just go to www.wizard101.com, log in & click on "Help".

Hope this helps!

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
Wizard 101 was GREAT!...for about 5 months. That's about how long its taken me to not even log in anymore. I was looking for something different and found it in this game. Then the big expansion came and it offered totally nothing for Grandmasters. Big mistake. Whatever. This game lasted just long enough for about 4 other MMO's to come out in Sept. MMO's that are a bit more adult centered.

It's been fun Wizards! I hope you have a plan when half your population leaves to play Aion, Champions Online, Fallen Earth or Global Agenda. Don't get me wrong..I loved my time in Wizards 101. But it's time to move on. Seen everything here..at least twice. PvP is basically a disaster of OP spells and Treasure cards...so whatever. I had fun. Next!

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Your account is definitely kept; in fact you could even still play even while not subscribed. It's just that you would only be able to access the free-to-play areas of wizard city as well as your island, and you wouldn't be able to do ranked matches in the arena. Otherwise, your character is kept and you could log in anytime to see any changes and see if you would want to resubscribe. Once I finish up my house, I'll be likely going back on trial myself as there's really nothing much for my character to do.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
May 22, 2008
If you cancel your subscription your account, characters, and progress will be saved. In fact, you should still be able to play all your characters, you'll just be stuck in wizard city.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
How long is your subscription?

If you cancel your account you can not get your money back nor any money you have left on unused crowns.

it is just better that you let your subscription run out instead then come back later if you want.

Don't cancel or you lose money. Trust me you can go where ever you want and help friends if you like while your subscription is active but since you aren't getting money back i wouldn't cancel.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
i know how boring it can get, my character has been a grandmaster since last year [one of the first 101 grandmasters in the game] with nothing to really do but farm, and help others. i hope they raise the lvl cap soon, i'd like to be able to watch that bar fill not continue to look at it full.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2008
For all the people who are moaning about reaching Lvl 50, this game is awesome, you are able to create 6 wizards, why not try a different wizard and get those up to Lvl 50, I have 6 wizards and constantly play different ones, whilst one is waiting for hours for a craft item, I then change to another wizard and work on that one. I just wish we were allowed 7 wizards so I could have a fire wizard.
This game is by far the best game online, for kids and adults alike.

Scarlet Emeraldeyes, Myth, Lvl 48
Morgan Goldsword, Frost, Lvl 45
Destiny Deathdreamer, Death, Lvl 35
Lenora Lotusleaf, Life, Lvl 24
Madison Moonmask, Balance, Lvl 22
Saffron Jadegem, Storm, Lvl 12

Survivor
May 15, 2009
I just think that if you had more than one good player redoing dungeons would be really annoying. :?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I have a grandmaster life and a pension to complete everything available in the game. With that said, there are 2 things I have yet to do. 1) Get all of the badges available and 2) Finish the crafting quests. As for the crafting, *ahem*, if black pearls were more readily available to harvest, I'd have that done, but am stuck on the last 2 crafting quests because of it. For the badges, I've been having fun obtaining them and proudly showing them around. I'm particularly fond of Technomancer and Samurai. I still have the last undead badge to get. I, for one, think that an ultimate armor (50% Damage Reduction) should be awarded for getting all of the badges available. Get on it KI!!! Still bored? Go for total completion! Finish all of your quests! Get the best armor (get up to Commander in the arena) or Malistaire gear, try to get all of the best swords, buy a house and decorate it. Still tons of stuff to do. Now, on a counter point, I did just start a fire wizard and am longing for an expansion or more lvls/spells. If I get him up to grandmaster and still Wiz101 has not upgraded/expanded, then I would consider cancelling. <-----2cents

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
That's great that once you cancel you can start back up again.

But, what about people like me who paid the year in advance? I finished the game in about 2 months and now I have nothing new to do.

I even got a robe from Malistaire THAT I CAN'T USE!!! What a let down that was.

And I purchased a $20 gift card from Best Buy. Which the only thing good that came out of it was the Flamezilla. Otherwise I've hardly spent the crowns.

There's better stuff to win then what you can buy from Zeke. Not that I'm complaining about that.

But, I've invested $80 into the game and finished within 2 months.

Do I get a refund? I could have subscribed for 2 months for much cheaper then I paid.

KI, you need to give us new content. Otherwise, I want some money back.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
It took you two months to get all six of your wizards to level 50, then deleted your least favorite to do the last school?

Then you wondered if a different secondary would change how you felt about your favorite school?

Tried to finish crafting?

Tried the game solo? (as much as possible)

Challenged yourself to see how far you can go without dying?

If not, you are turning your nose up at a lot of content. The game plays differently for each school, and actually for each set of primary/secondary combos.

I've spent more, and probably advanced more characters, than you indicate. Still not even played all the ways possible...and yes, I do know how many of the puzzles work, but you know, that is only part of the game: this is a multi-player game, and unless you have met and interacted with everyone else you haven't experienced everything.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
You know what i think KI should do to fiz this "bordem" going around? I think they should make every single quest different for each school. This way, if you get bored on a grandmaster, you can make a new charachter with a different school. Then you wont have to do all the quests over again. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Explorer
Dec 16, 2008
Forgive me for asking but HOW can you think this game
is boring ? I absolutely love this game . I will always
try new things and so should everone. There is so much
to do in Wizard101.

Wolf Dragonfame Level 45 Pyromancer Finally!
Dragonspyre Academy Finally!
( On Obsidian Chest Quest. I love it!)
Justin Titanwraith Level 46 Diviner Finally!
Dragonspyre Academy Finally!
( On Obsidian Chest Quest. I love it!)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I have recently returned to Wizard101, after having quit for about half a year or more.

Now, this game is really great, and I did not quit because I had a grandmaster already, I had quit because I was back then unable to buy back my spent training points.
That really discouraged me, and ended up deleting my 50 Storm Wizard, right BEFORE KingsIsle came out with a training point buyback option. Lol.

The reason I had also quit is because of the way the leveling system works. The leveling system is based on quest xp, not encounter xp. If you were able to level with random encounters without having to do nothing but quests after quests, I would have a much more enjoyable time.

I would have then also enjoyed leveling other schools a whole lot more.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2008
This is a really old message thread, and ought to just be locked.

The original poster's complaints have mostly been taken care of with the new content, and more new content to come soon!

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
i somewhat agree but what i not even grand i am lvl 48 but why lvl up 48 only 2 less than 50 so my soulution is help people its what i always do also be creative my grand ice friend started a ice army that i in for pvp so think think think of something fun to do or just help someone!

finnigan willow wraith ice wizard and myth lvl 48
if you want you can add me i am normally at any randome world helping someone!

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I, only lvl 26, am confusedwhy you won't do these three things.
1. My brother mopes around the house saying "Wizard101 is getting weirder, and I am already past every quest." I know you can't stop him, but AT LEAST do SOMETHING cooler for wizard 101.

2. I WANT SPRITE PETS! Everyone should get the same pet, so no "I got this pet and you didn't" or "No aution, that what it said." Even though they want to keep their own pets.

3. You guys should make the place where the professers in Ravenwood come from. Not Arthur, Wu, Drake. The other professors.

Thank you.

Victoria Leigh Cercone 9yrs old controlling Natalie Lifeblossom :-) :-)

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
Highmoon wrote:
In the last week alone I noticed a few more" I am so bored with this game"
remarks by players that I just ran by. Well, I have to agree. If you do not raise the level cap, once you reached level 50 there is nothing else to do but to make a new char and do the whole thing over. I been working on a new char, but it is still very boring that the worlds are the same, I already know how to solve the puzzles, which boss to fear, which to just roll by and Grizzleheim was a start but you can get through that world in a day if you a a power gamer with a lot of time on your hands. I know that there is a lot of money going into the development of a new world, a beta testing period , etc. but if you want to keep a player interested, specially the young ones, you need to speed up the process .I know I am getting bored and now I see that I am not the only one. When can we expect a new world? Can you give an estimate? If I have to spend 7$ a month and than more for better housing and items, shouldn't I get my moneys worth? I realize that the monthly fee is about half of what other massive online games charge, but buying crowns and gift cards raises that one to about the same as other games. And with the huge success of Wizard 101 comes a responsibility to keep players satisfied and over all interested. And running around being bored is not the reason I pay, I want a reality recess, don't we all? Another question is, will my account be
saved or will I loose everthing if I discontinue my subscription for a month or two until something new to explore comes out. Many other games give players that cancel a grace period, meaning the account will be saved and nothing will be lost until reactivation.some games even keep your account on the server for years, so you can come back whenever you feel like it. What is your policy on that one?

Christina Moon
Grandmaster Necromancer

My ship finally came in , I was at the airport!

i have heard rumors about this new world called celestia coming out in mid 2010 sssshhhhh, keep it a secret

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
You know there is going to be a new world called Celestia and its coming June 2010 :-D

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Your definetly right. People are going around saying their bored.

but if you go to any other game their is people doing the same exact thing

You have to realize
wizard101 is a new game--- it only came out, like, two years ago

People are going to be bored and your right

redoing everything would be very boring

the problem im having is the BIG dungeons

I'm in marleybone and to me this is like the dungeon world

I'm on clocktower west and it takes an hour thirty minuts to finish

its obnoxious! :(

I think they need to shorten the dungeon times

I just got an Idea and I will be posting it in the dorms

It has to do with if your soloing a dungeon you can pay "x" amount of crowns for a cpu who helps you through it.

Well hope you read my post! :) :) :) :))