Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the umbra sword any good

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
I've know the codes are only in Beckett gamer magazines but before i get it i want to know if its any good because i don't want to waste my money on a sword that is now good so if any of you have it please tell me whether its good or not so i don't spend my money on a magazine and the sword stinks

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
foulsteel wrote:
I've know the codes are only in Beckett gamer magazines but before i get it i want to know if its any good because i don't want to waste my money on a sword that is now good so if any of you have it please tell me whether its good or not so i don't spend my money on a magazine and the sword stinks

It does death damage, 75 points, 5 cards. Any level can use. Until you can get an 80-dam wand (about level 35) it is a great sword. It is like the Beckett Amaranthine Staff...a good starter 'wand'.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
If you are a GM, I think pretty much anything they give through Beckett's will be for show only.

The Umbra Sword is pretty, but not that good.

It gives 5 Wand Blast cards called Major Chill @ 100%, with 75 Death attack.

Hero
May 19, 2009
The umbra sword gives you five copies of the 75 death damage spell, and has no level requirement. I myself and a few friends have this sword, but we gave it to a weaker characeter who can actually benifit from the 75 death damage it does. this sword is good for any one under level 35, bc most wands and staffs you get after this level are more powerful then the umbra sword.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
Bought the Beckett mag today to get the code and the code had already been redeemed.

The magazine looked like grubby little fingers had been all through it, but it was the last copy so I took a chance. It will be going back to the store for a fresh copy elsewhere (read: not Walmart).

I have a pretty good wand now but I think it is cool to be able to redeem a code for a special item.

I am in the Death school so I don't really want low level death spells to set off my traps but I want the special item, dang it!

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
This swords animation is like a wand attack. Your wizard will not move to the middle of the circle. Some might be a little disappointed in that. Might be an oversight by kingsisle, but the umbra blade can for now be auctioned, whereas the amaranthine staff can't. I don't see why there should be a difference. Both can be traded between your characters however.
Thanks, Kieran

Administrator
If you get the error message that the code in Beckett magazines has been redeemed too many times, please let Mr Lincoln know by contacting him through the Help & Support tab on the bottom left of this page - look for the Contact Us! tab.

He'll look into why this is happening.

Thank you!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Gamma wrote:
If you get the error message that the code in Beckett magazines has been redeemed too many times, please let Mr Lincoln know by contacting him through the Help & Support tab on the bottom left of this page - look for the Contact Us! tab.

He'll look into why this is happening.

Thank you!
I believe by already redeemed Nicoplix meant someone copied the code out of the magazine, but didn't buy it. These codes only work once. It's much too easy for this to happen, but I'm not sure if anything can actually be done about it. I believe all codes in the Beckett magazines are presented in the same way. Not just the Wizard101 codes. If the magazines were in shrinkwrap or the codes were some type of scratch off it might help some. Even that wouldn't completely eliminate the problem of people stealing the codes.
Thanks, Kieran

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:

It does death damage, 75 points, 5 cards. Any level can use. Until you can get an 80-dam wand (about level 35) it is a great sword.

That was my mistake. I got the sword when I was nearing LVL 30. When I reached that level 3 days later, I didn't need it. I had purchased another wand in the Bazaar ahead of time that I wanted to use once I had leveled up.

It's a good sword for beginners. So if you're new to the game and got the sword, then you'll be a force to be reckoned with as you make your way around Wizard City and Krokotopia.

But once you got to around a LVL 30, then you may want to step up your game and get a wand that is more suited to your character.

Scarlet Dunestaff
LVL 31 Ice Student.
(sold her sword at the Bazaar for 2500 gold)

Hero
May 19, 2009
the best way to make sure that the sword code or any other code hasnt been claimed is by ordering the magazine online. there are a few people who just look through the magazine at local stores and copy down the code.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Thanks guys i guess i can just get it for the heck of it i already have some grands but it will be good for my new balance :D

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
I orded this magazine online and requested the code online through my email and when i went to use it for my son it said it had been redeemed to many times already... Very frustrating since we'll probably never use the magazine for anything other then whatever wizard101 info runs in it.

Administrator
Please contact Mr Lincoln, he'll sort this all out for you.
support@wizard101.com

Lestat2002 wrote:
I orded this magazine online and requested the code online through my email and when i went to use it for my son it said it had been redeemed to many times already... Very frustrating since we'll probably never use the magazine for anything other then whatever wizard101 info runs in it.

community@wizard101.com