Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I have a minion problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
why is the storm minion so lame it sits there to get hit and some other minons atleast attack they need a better storm minion like one that attacks it could have like 500 health ( i am not good at names)

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Hero
May 19, 2009
The whole purpose of the "storm" minion is for it to be a giant meat shield. It gets more life then most of the other minions bc its only purpose is to take the heat off of you. Storm wizards dont need a minion that attacks bc storm is the most powerful school, they can one hit kill most enemies with a single attck. This is the same with every other minion, every single one is best suited for its corresponding school. If you dont like your minion its bc you are most likely not a good player who cant use his/her minion correctly in most situations.

Defender
May 29, 2009

that sounds like a great minion to me. A minion that casts taunt and will take hits from the enemy so I can concentrate on dealing the damage. Fantastic.

It's a minion that's useful in any scenario -- except maybe PVP. The fire minion, for example, is pretty decent. But it really only has two attacks: firecat or fire elf. Along with blades, shields, and traps. It attacks, but it's not really useful against the bigger bosses. 200-250 points on attacks every few rounds really isn't worth it. It's great of taking shields off, but at the same time, it sets off any traps I may set against the enemy keeping me from delivering really big damage. That means I have to cast more spells, live through more rounds, and take more enemy punishment. But it's very useful in certain scenarios -- like those ice and balance enemies that cast fire/tower shields like they're going out of style. Very handy in PVP as well.

delroy3 wrote:
why is the storm minion so lame it sits there to get hit and some other minons atleast attack they need a better storm minion like one that attacks it could have like 500 health ( i am not good at names)

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
The whole purpose of the "storm" minion is for it to be a giant meat shield. It gets more life then most of the other minions bc its only purpose is to take the heat off of you. Storm wizards dont need a minion that attacks bc storm is the most powerful school, they can one hit kill most enemies with a single attck. This is the same with every other minion, every single one is best suited for its corresponding school. If you dont like your minion its bc you are most likely not a good player who cant use his/her minion correctly in most situations.

Agreed!! As is the case with many player issues, I have seen many situation where players simply don't use their character correctly, know how use them, understand the strengths and weaknesses, properly set up their decks ect.
The irony is that many complaints about each school are easily fixed by simply taking the time to understand the game and your character better.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
i am a storm person and i say get a grip and change the storm minion to hit seriously! Anyways taunt ooooooo it does nothing. IT should hit thunder snake and lightning bats! Also minions should be able to be trianed!

MY:guys USERNAME IS DRAGKNIGHT89

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Think of the storm minion as a shield that lasts for awhile and takes 3 pips. Now Imagine that the shield can cast spells such as shields and spirit armor on itself. Imagine that once in awhile your shield will use a ghoul on the enemy.

Thats the purpose of the storm minion. Its basically the best shield in the game. Since storm wizards have the lowest health, they rely on the water elemental to defend them. In fact, if you have two storm wizards and two water elementals in your battle, you are almost invincible while you can deal incredible damage.