Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

sword wands

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I see players in marlybone with sword wands all the time. I've been wanting one for a while now but havn't seemed to find any. I am in marlybone right now and if anyone could tell me how to get a sword that would be really helpful. thanks! :-D

Hero
May 19, 2009
Hero
May 02, 2009
sword wands are for level 40+ and level 45+ players only.

You can either buy them in the bazaar, or get them from bosses in MooShu, the world after Marlybone.

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
The sword wands are found in Mooshu, DragonSpyre and Grizzleheim. The only problem is that you have to be at least level 40 to carry one. Unless you opt for and purchase the one offered through the gamers magazine. The first monster that drops a sword wand is Oyotomy the Defiler in Village of Sorrow in Mooshu. He drops the life sword. So if you see someone carrying a sword wand, you can safely say they are not there for regular questing. Most likely to gather reagents, or assist a friend. Hope that this helped.

James DreamRider
GrandMaster Balance
No Retreat No Surrender
and No One gets left Behind
USArmy Retired

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
If you are in Marley, then you must mean the Umbra Sword.

It is a special item from Beckett Magazine (you can find the one-use code at the end of the article on Wizard101). The magazine is currently on the newstands or can be ordered online from the Beckett site. $5.99 with Star Wars on the cover.

Death, 5 cards, 75 damage, any level.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
I have 2 swords a ice sword and a storm sword but i'm level 37 so I can't use it . Gavin Skullstalker level 37 necromancer

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
all you are proby seeing are level 50`s. they are probly there for crafting

courtney spellhunter

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I just got a sword/wand... I like it, i wish they would let you get a sword earlier..

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Hi everyone! I was just wondering that well..... I really want a sword as a wand but i'm still in Krokotopia still and i cant get to marley bone yet either. When can i get a sword as a wand or how can i get the umbra sword? Because i saw it at the bazaar one day AND I'M NOT JOKING! i couldn't BELEIVE IT! I thought i was imangining it! :O But if you could tell me how to get the umbra sword or the earliest time i can get one besides trying to get to a high lvl.. that would be nice. :-) 8) PS: try to find me lol ill probably be around the krokoshinx! :-D

Sophia Iceblade
Level: 23
Adept Wizard
School: Ice

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
I have such bad luck with sword wands i'm strong enough i just can never get them so if anyone is willing to farm with me from a boss for them then thank you. :-(

P.S i'm normally porting to friends so i could be any where

Alexander Deathheart level 43 death

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Wouldn't it be great if they came up with a quest, say in Marleybone or somewhere where you had to gather peices of a sword, put it together and then got to keep and use it?

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
borders412 wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if they came up with a quest, say in Marleybone or somewhere where you had to gather peices of a sword, put it together and then got to keep and use it?

There's a quest like that in grizzleheim, but you don't actually get a sword from it, you only get the ability to face grendels in battle. :x

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
borders412 wrote:

There is a quest like this in DS to make the Dragonrider staff....it takes you throughtout the spiral looking for the pieces.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
have anyone saw that our cards carry weapons so how about 50level swords
fire helephant:the blade of the helephant
ice colossus:frozen blade of the colossus
storm triton:the staff of the triton
balance judgement:the scale of judgement
life centaur:the bow&arrow of centaur
myth minotaur:the dubble sided blade ofminotaur
death wrath:the deady scream of wrath's staff

Explorer
Oct 24, 2009
i have 3 swords form different places. 1 is from Tomugawa (a level 7 death boss in mooshu's ancient burial grounds) it's called Tomugawa's onyx blade. states: 1+ power pip, 90 damage (death) level 40+ only. the next is form the bazaar, i forget the name and states except: 95 myth damage, level 45+ only. the third is soulsinger's soulsword. it dose 100 death damage, 1+ power pip, level 45+ only. you get it in the drake hatchery (dragonspyere) from Ivan soul singer. hope this helps! :-D :-D

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
raleigh35 wrote:
i have 3 swords form different places. 1 is from Tomugawa (a level 7 death boss in mooshu's ancient burial grounds) it's called Tomugawa's onyx blade. states: 1+ power pip, 90 damage (death) level 40+ only. the next is form the bazaar, i forget the name and states except: 95 myth damage, level 45+ only. the third is soulsinger's soulsword. it dose 100 death damage, 1+ power pip, level 45+ only. you get it in the drake hatchery (dragonspyere) from Ivan soul singer. hope this helps! :-D :-D

Thank you, this helped me a lot. I am a grandmaster of death and couldnt find a death sword that gives a power pip and hits by higher than 90 until i killed Ivan Soulsinger about 5 times. Thank you again