Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My whole computer is locking up, a staff of kingsi

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Lately while playing my game my whole game and screen and everything else locks up. I even know this because when i move my mouse around, the little wand on the screen doesn't move with it. Every time you guys have a bunch of updates, which you have been lately, messes me up sometimes. Is there any files that need to be deleted for it to run better or is it a virus that I might have downloaded from something else that is making me lock up? Plz explain this to me as I fear I might have to stop playing your wonderful game on my computer. Every time I do restart though, it grows less and less time. A few days ago it would be like three hours before I lock up. Then less and less and now tonight it would happen like every 8-10 minutes. Please find the solution so I can continue this awesome game! :(

Administrator
Sounds like you need to do a Spring Cleaning on your computer!

Mr Lincoln can look into the problem for you, just tell him what is happening by contacting him through the Help & Support link on the left - look for the Contact Us tab.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Are you saying after a reboot the game runs much better? If so it may be memory leaks which are an issue with most games. I run 4gigs of ram in my machine so it would take a long time for memory leaks to affect me, so I can't say if this particular game is affected by it.