Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

changing hairstyles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Dear Wizard101,

I think it would be a good idea to change your hair style in the middle of the game. It would benefit a lot of people in my opinion. :)

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Ya. I think there should be a barber shop in the shopping district. Just like how they added Castle & Lands and the Bazaar! This is a good idea cause i messed up my hair-do when i made my charcter, and i didnt want to go do the test over again so i decided to keep it. I have been grumpy about my hair ever since. :P

Luke LifeGem~Lvl:40 (Master Sorcerer)

Defender
Apr 28, 2009
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
i dont really like my hair its ok but i like to change the styl of it and maybe switch the styls often :D :)

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
Tina4ever wrote:
agree and maybe tatoos as well

Oh my lord thank you Tina! That would be awesome! the tattoos could stand as a symbol such as maybe a dragon breathing fire that can be given to Grandmaster Pyromancer's There should be a tattoo shop were you can buy tattoos made and another part were you can customize your own.

Changing your hairstyle i agree! Make a barber shop in the shopping district. Please!

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
I agree with this idea! I don't really like my hairstyle anymore.
Long curly hair wouldn't hurt at all

Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
OMG we NEED to change our hair and get tatoos we NEED it plz kindsisle PLZ!

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
:) I love that idea!!! Maybe they could open a hair salon and you could change the color and style of your hair! I am so glad this topic is here!!! Thank you thank you for doing this topic!

Survivor
May 09, 2009
ya and i want to change names too really i don't like my wizard name my name is oran griffincoin

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Tina4ever wrote:

i agree with the hairstyles, i am almost ashamed of mine!

but tattoos....?

this is more of a kids game, i guess tattoos arent horrible (i mean they appeared on piratesonline, another kids game) but do you really think a wizard of all people would get a tattoo? >_>

just saying....

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Tina4ever wrote:

Ya, but the wizards arent really supposed to be like 18! so tatoos...too old!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
The whole idea of making ur wizard in the first place is that your supposed to say: "this is going to be what my wizard is going to look like at lvl 50." So you HAVE to choose then and ONLY then what it looks like. People would be changing their wizards back and forth, left to right, it would get all confusing! I mean, say i have a friend with a green pony tail thats named Kelly PixieFlower. Then she turns it to a pink long hair style with the name Mary Icefriend. Then to something else! She wouldnt be the same wizard, she would be 50 other wizards! You would get caught up as to if that really IS your friend or someone totally different! What if she changes her name when your not online so you dont know what she changed it to. You might delete her on accident and then think she deleted you! That would cause lots of problems!

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
The whole idea of making ur wizard in the first place is that your supposed to say: "this is going to be what my wizard is going to look like at lvl 50." So you HAVE to choose then and ONLY then what it looks like. People would be changing their wizards back and forth, left to right, it would get all confusing! I mean, say i have a friend with a green pony tail thats named Kelly PixieFlower. Then she turns it to a pink long hair style with the name Mary Icefriend. Then to something else! She wouldnt be the same wizard, she would be 50 other wizards! You would get caught up as to if that really IS your friend or someone totally different! What if she changes her name when your not online so you dont know what she changed it to. You might delete her on accident and then think she deleted you! That would cause lots of problems!

I am very sorry if you do not like our ideas, none of us said we would CHANGE NAMES.
Actually I don't think KI will put our idea into work and release new hairstyles and tattoos.
I shouldn't even bother thinking about just some, some ideas that will probably not be even put to work. All of us know that KI is not going to release this if they are all working on mounts for wizards we are just having some ideas and agreeing with each other that it WOULD be cool of they had these. I am sorry if you don't like our ideas.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
DarkStorm824 wrote:
IamLezul wrote:

I am very sorry if you do not like our ideas, none of us said we would CHANGE NAMES.
Actually I don't think KI will put our idea into work and release new hairstyles and tattoos.
I shouldn't even bother thinking about just some, some ideas that will probably not be even put to work. All of us know that KI is not going to release this if they are all working on mounts for wizards we are just having some ideas and agreeing with each other that it WOULD be cool of they had these. I am sorry if you don't like our ideas.

Actually, someone DID say that they want to be able to change names.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
Being able to change names as well as facial and appearance features is standard in almost all modern MMOs.

The whole idea of making ur wizard in the first place is that your supposed to say: "this is going to be what my wizard is going to look like at lvl 50." So you HAVE to choose then and ONLY then what it looks like. People would be changing their wizards back and forth, left to right, it would get all confusing! I mean, say i have a friend with a green pony tail thats named Kelly PixieFlower. Then she turns it to a pink long hair style with the name Mary Icefriend. Then to something else! She wouldnt be the same wizard, she would be 50 other wizards! You would get caught up as to if that really IS your friend or someone totally different! What if she changes her name when your not online so you dont know what she changed it to. You might delete her on accident and then think she deleted you! That would cause lots of problems

None of that has ever been a problem in any MMO thus far.

World of Warcraft - Has an in-game barber shop, class change feature (out of game), server transfer etc.

Everquest 2 - Has an in-game barber shop, as well as styling features. (server transfers, faction change etc)

City of Heroes - In game costume shop which is one of its major features as well as Champions Online wich has the same.

Even free to play MMOs have similar features some of which are RMT items (Real Money Transactions).

Those games that offer name changes advice that you notify friends of the change so that when the name is changed their friends list gets updated.

Defender
May 31, 2009
i think they should let you wear no hat in the game cause then you would look really cool without a hat lol just an idea. you should also be able to make your pet have hair :P lol it would seem funny and you could dress up your pets to i'm only lvl 33 ps i am sabrina ice wizard i hang out in the arena mostly in the realm vampire.

Defender
May 31, 2009
goodt9 wrote:
hey what about experssion, you know on faces?

you should totally have expression on faces like happy sad angry and so on. maybe even cry and like tears go down your face lol

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
The whole idea of making your wizard in the first place is that your supposed to say: "This is going to be what my wizard is going to look like at lvl 50." So you HAVE to choose then and ONLY then what it looks like. People would be changing their wizards back and forth, left to right, it would get all confusing! I mean, say I have a friend with a green pony tail that's named Kelly PixieFlower. Then she turns it to a pink long hair style with the name Mary IceFriend. Then to something else! She wouldn't be the same wizard, she would be 50 other wizards! You would get caught up as to if that really IS your friend or someone totally different! What if she changes her name when your not online so you don't know what she changed it to. You might delete her on accident and then think she deleted you! That would cause lots of problems!

But the problem is that many didn't know when they joined just how involved they'd get in this and how long they'd be with a wizard; I would assume that most people who join this game and are in the middle of picking an identity have no clue that there are 50 levels! A name that sounded cool at the beginning may not now as you've aged with your wizard.

Same or even more so with hairstyles and facial expressions. Say you liked the dopey look when you are just starting but now that you want to be taken seriously ... Or you might have thought you needed a mean expression but now with so many friends you'd rather smile. Especially since this game is aimed at kids and teens: think about how many opportunities there are to change clothes in this game ... are you really saying that they should never change their hairstyle too?!?!

If KI is looking for a ripe opportunity to have us spend gold and crowns, they'll jump at opening up hair salons at the very least! If it gets tested in test realm, I bet the numbers on this would be through the pixel-ated roof!

I vote for hair and face change. And, not that I want to change mine, I can see the desire for new names!

Fallon Moonrunner, Grandmaster Ice