Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beguile being used by other players who arent deat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Dear waizard101 staff,
I am joshua my wizards are joshua stormtalon(48 death), samuel windrunner(myth 48), adam shadowcloud (balance 48). joshua (life 50) anyway i have been playing for a long time ago and have noticed players using beguile in 4v4 to turn most seventh spells against there own team. honestly if it was just death using it i wouldnt make a big deal since i would know to beware, but everyone is using it and it just isnt fair to have gold cards of such a card. I mean there is no way to defend against it but that isnt the problem the problem is that if the opposing team uses it lets say on me when i am gonna use fire dragon. the attack is immediatly changed to attacking my own team i find it not fair at all since there is no way to stop such a think from happening and if you check the use of it is growing i lost a match earlier because my allys stormlord was turned against us then when our life tried ot use rebirth on us it was turned against us so instead of healing us it healed them all because one player on there team who wasnt even death used beguile before we could act since they went first.

As you can see it isnt fair at all as long as my enemy goes first and has enough beguiles they can turn any multiple hit spell against us without even being death since so many gold cards are going around.

i dont even do 4v4 anymore since i know if we dont go first oour spells will probably be beguiled and used against us by some person with a beguile gold card.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Does no one think beguile is becoming annoying as a gold card and its affect shouldnt be activated same turn? it puts a extreme disadvanatge in 4v4 if your second

Survivor
May 11, 2009
A lot of the 'control magic' stuff doesn't have a place in PvP. Pacify, Taunt, etc, doesn't work. Yet Beguile is somehow okay?

It's the sort of thing that needs to be all-in, or all-out. Storm would have a reason to use its minion if Taunt actually worked.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
kazukiangel wrote:
Does no one think beguile is becoming annoying as a gold card and its affect shouldnt be activated same turn? it puts a extreme disadvanatge in 4v4 if your second

I posted a somewhat similar issue about Beguile.
https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/9780.ftl

Beguile is a Death wizard spell and I dont mind them spamming it since it's their school's spell, much like Wild Bolt being spammed by other schools when it was made to TC. These spells should be confined to "schools" only .

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
full support, the treasure card should be removed.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I agree, only us death wizards should have the power to manipulate others and make them do our bidding, MUAHAHAHAHA!!!! But seriously, This treasure card factory needs to get shut down.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Bombfish wrote:
A lot of the 'control magic' stuff doesn't have a place in PvP. Pacify, Taunt, etc, doesn't work. Yet Beguile is somehow okay?

It's the sort of thing that needs to be all-in, or all-out. Storm would have a reason to use its minion if Taunt actually worked.

Agreed. Btw, storm minion is usually used for sacrifice and gaining 4 pips.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
i dont like how beigule is set up in pvp
i would like to see ki come up with a way to hide it was played like maybe it looks like it fizzled or like a trap or weakness you play on your enime
that way if you go second you have a level field for it to hit
as it is now if you go second it only deleays other teams attack
and something i thing would really help pvp
is that you can only use cards that you can train for
school learned spell could only be used by that school
oh one other thing that might work for beigule is after it has been played
put a beigule block the next one played on that person
cause i have had been biugel onmy storm and death like 5 times in a row
at the same time on each in the same match
i never had a problem it being used but some people try to use it every round when you get higher pips from time to time i have used it but
i wont try to chain somebody with it i like to try to guess right
that makes it fun if you guess right

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I am a level 48 death wizard, last night for the first time i played PvP. We were in a 4v4 battle. We were up against one life and two fire ( there forth backed out). One of the fire guys hit us with a scald spell so we were all up in flames. The second fire guy hit one of our players with beguile, with the flames around us it was hard to see what was done. In saying this, we had flames going on around us and it was very hard to see that beguile had been casted.

If you could come up with some kind of symbol that can be seen while in flames, it would be nice.

Thanks
Fallon Ashcaster
Death Wizard lvl 48

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
I think beguile is pretty cheap, if your going first and have beguile then those people have the advantage. If your going second and your a life wizard and then somebody uses a beguile right when you use rebirth, the other team will get the rebirth. I think only death students should be able to use it. I was in a battle and my storm friend my life friend and me (grandmaster ice ) needed health bad, then this balance kid used beguile right when my life friend use a rebirth with a guiding light and his team got completely healed. My team ended up losing because of beguile.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
wow!!! they are complaining about everything, i dont even think they know what they want. nothing ok with them. i dont see any reason for some complainings. ok dear KI, make every schools use their own spell. make school can use only "life spells" for healing, make any school can use any school wand, make a school can only use it own spell no other school spell, dont forgoet to make any school can use any school shield. ok! let me repeat myself: make every school can use only "LIFE SPELL, WANDS, AND SHIELDS" of other school, that's it! after that a school has to use it own spell. cause they are complaining too much. the people you see that are complaining, they the one who use beguile most, they happy when they use it on other team but they dont like it when other team use it on them, they like when they win by using beguile, why they get angry when other team use it. for me, it no big deal, a team use it on my team, no prob, next match i only hope to go first to use it too. if you happy to win by beuiled, you have to be happy to lose by it too. grandmaster fire (lvl 50)

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
ok, I have a second character which I'm playing more of due to finishing first fire character, which I notice my death is better at pvp than my fire. Anyway, how does Beguile work?

I tried it everywhere not only pvp and all it does is make your enemy pass as well as you pass which seems a waste of pips. No matter if I go first or the enemy or in pvp the other wizard goes first it still does not work. Is it only good use in 4vs4 pvp or in other battles if the monster has a team mate and will his attack attack his mate, because I think on the card it says target helps you for one round, so he is on your team. It only passes if he does not attack right?

So in 1vs1 pvp it would be usesless right as it would be as the wizard is on your team?

Regards Mary DeathDreamer

P.S. Just want to know so I know if I should put it in my deck or it would just be better to use the pips to attack instead. If no one answers I just won't use it.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
see, its fair and not fair at the same time.

if you craft treasure cards on one of your other wizards who actually earned it, and put it in the shared bank, i think that's fair because death wizard or not, you still earned it ON a death wizard.

beguile doesn't ruin pvp, beguile spamming does. just like wild bolt, its an awesome spell i use it all the time on my fire wizard but only in a PvE, in PvP non storm wizards who use it are just sad low lives who can't fight, so they get lazy and fall back on wild bolt+feint+curse+hex=instant kill

just my 2 cents

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
ok, I have a second character which I'm playing more of due to finishing first fire character, which I notice my death is better at pvp than my fire. Anyway, how does Beguile work?

I tried it everywhere not only pvp and all it does is make your enemy pass as well as you pass which seems a waste of pips. No matter if I go first or the enemy or in pvp the other wizard goes first it still does not work. Is it only good use in 4vs4 pvp or in other battles if the monster has a team mate and will his attack attack his mate, because I think on the card it says target helps you for one round, so he is on your team. It only passes if he does not attack right?

So in 1vs1 pvp it would be usesless right as it would be as the wizard is on your team?

Regards Mary DeathDreamer

P.S. Just want to know so I know if I should put it in my deck or it would just be better to use the pips to attack instead. If no one answers I just won't use it.

Beguile works in a weird way. Basically, I only use it when I'm going first and when it is a team battle. You have to have a strong suspicion that your opponent will use a multi spell, examples of this include, Frost Giant, Rebirth, Scarecrow, Dragon, Storm lord, etc. If you use it on a life wizard who has let's say 8 pips and you're going first, and he's using rebirth, you'll catch his rebirth and he'll heal himself, you and your team mates. If you used it on him and he used a centaur for example, a non-multi spell on one of your team mates it will still go through and hit your team mate.

The next round he will be on your team for a round and in this case he'll most likely shield himself or pass.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
i don not care if they take beguile out or not
all i want is them to give teams going second the same chance to use it as teams going first when i go second i feel like i am in a hadiecap match
but right now going first means you do not have to worry about having it used on you and hurting your teammates so no second thoughts of should i use my attack all or heal all card when you know that beguile can not be used
so make this simple to understand
fix it to be fair for both teams or just take it out
either way i would be happy to see something done about it
and they guy said that just people who use it do all the crying about it
well um hello i might use it once in a blue moon
but just tired of teams spamming it every round to stop other teams storm
and or life player making it like a 5 on 3 or 6 on 2
so just all i ask is give us a level playing field

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
i think they should just expell beguile from pvp, they shouldnt stop making the gold card just because people dont want it being used in pvp. i am an ice wizard lvl 47 and i havent been in many pvp battles where beguile has been casted, but the times when it has happened i always lost. this is a matter thats needs to be considered, just like i think wild bolt should be expelled, but thats another story. anyways, i think it would be fair if we just expelled it, but not take away the gold card.

-keira willowwhisper
ice wizard lvl 47.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
ok thanks for answering! Since monsters don't use multi attacks, I think I will use it when I'm a higer level death wizard, like grand master and if my team goes first. I'll just stick to one vs one for now.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
in 4v4 our team was low on health and there was a grand life on other team then someone on my team used beguile on the life grand and he used his rebirth on us it was awesome!!!

Defender
May 30, 2009
Complaining and more complaining. That's all I hear any more about PVP. So far I have been called cheap, noob, and a few other choice words because of this spell. Am I playing a death wizard...no. Do I have one....yes. Most of the treasure cards I have and use I can craft myself for other characters I have. I play mulitple PVP alot these days and rarely play 1v1. I hate going second because usually that means you're gonna lose. My partners have been beguilled more than once and all you can do is anticipate the move and hope it works. But we don't complain about it because we use it too. I know most of the people on here doing the whining have used a non learned spell atleast ONCE in PVP and if you're griping about it then that makes you a hypocrite. You can do it but I can't? It's ok for me to be chained stunned but not for you? It's cool as long as you're on the winning side? COME ON PEOPLE! Alot of you are doing the exact same thing your complaining on here about only with different cards. Just like one person stated on another thread, eventually it's going to be where the only cards you can use in PVP is a wand spell, ice snake, fire elf...etc. And I'm sure someone will come up with a reason to complain about those too!

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
You know what, as me, Caroline Sunbright when I was in MooShu (especially in Shoshun Village), I used to use the treasure card for it when I found a boss I couldn't defeat. And yes, it's easy to not see beguile coming in those pvp thingies, and I agree, it is bad when you see other then necromancers cast it.
Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Emily Spiritriver
Adept Necromancer level 24

Brittany Rainriver
Adept Diviner level 28

Michelle Sandheart
Adept conjurer level 27

Laura Iceheart
Journeyman thaumaturge level 15

PS) You get that spell when you defeat Krokopatra if you're a necrmancer, it's not much of a noob spell if it's the real card

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
TKDECH wrote:
Bombfish wrote:

Agreed. Btw, storm minion is usually used for sacrifice and gaining 4 pips.

Uh guys, you know that it shields itself for a reason, and that spell it uses on the enemies (not ghoul!), the enemies will not be after the person who summoned it and go after the minion, don't worry, you can have your opinion, I'm just sharing mine. It's for storm wizards able to survive higher %.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
I agree, only us death wizards should have the power to manipulate others and make them do our bidding, MUAHAHAHAHA!!!! But seriously, This treasure card factory needs to get shut down.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer
but ya gotta admit it IS useful for us death! (another grandmaster death)

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Beguile isn't much of a newbie spell. Since it's Marleybonian.

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
As it was stated previously- Beguile is a Death Spell and therefore is used by death in pvp, my death friend has been accused of cheating just because she beguiles.
If you don't like to lose don't pvp. It is as simple as that.
I also take into account that people pick on a spell to blame when they lose. i.e "Your triton must be treasured, it did tree thousand damage!" When it really was buffed and they didn't have a shield. I, myself, always carry a beguile in treasure just INCASE my death friend can't find a beguile. I don't use a beguile every match but it is a very small amount. (3-5 at the most)
I also have to add to the beguile situation an experience of mine, you'd expect all those treasures to be saved for a practice after you've read it:

Way before I started doing ranked, I did practice to see what skills I can learn from practicing in practice matches.
One particular match was one of the worst I have ever done in my entire time pvping, the ice grand on the opposite team (not going to name her) was beguiling me every possible round. And I mean every round possible. My Death friend was on her Storm grand, Michelle Raincaller, and she happened to be watching this match. I asked the ice, "Why waste all those treasure cards here?"
She simply replied: "i can use what i want"
I asked her again why she bothered to waste about 10 beguiles at least in a PRACTICE match. She didn't seem to answer, so after she either ran out of cards (beguile) or didn't bother to beguile anymore she actually killed me. Once again saying that she could use what she wanted, we happened to spawn in the same realm and my trusty friend stated above ported to me.
Ice: "Why do you even get so mad about something like that?"
Me: "I got mad, yes, how would you feel?"
Ice: *no answer*
My friend: "She got mad but you got mean"
Ice: "hahaha"
*End of the long scenario!*
Also, no matter how you look at it, there will always be people who complain about something. The next thing you know people will be complaining that Helephant does too much damage so unless everyone has a bog standard deck with no treasures and only standard spells, there will always be things to complain about.

Tara Emeraldhead~Grandmaster Theurgist~Warlord
Emma Drake~ Journeyman Thaumaturge~Knight
Tara Emeraldhead~ Apprentice/Novice Conjurer~Sergeant
Keena Dunewraith~ Journeyman Necromancer(not got beguile yet)~ Corporal
Kayla Wildrunner~ Master Sorceress~ Private
Scarlet Ironbreaker~ Initiate Diviner(has not got bolt)~ Private
Keep trying with those single attack spells if you sense a death or a beguile noob on the other side! :D

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Ah, another complainer that lost another match. I say we start marking the people who complain alot. We can make them a special forum for all the complainers who want to change, limit, or delete spells because they cant win a pvp match.