Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

FIX WILD BOLT or I'm done with wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Bloodferret wrote:
The topic says it all. I'm tired of working hard to get rank just to lose it all to someone who just sits there and uses wild bolt. I have a grandmaster 2 masters and a magus. The fights take so long at the higher levels, so i decided to try some low level fights. I made a fire wizard and got him t level 5. I was doing good in pvp and got all the way to captain, almost to cammander. Then I ran in to wild bolt! I fought the same guy 4 times in a row and he only fizzled once!! I thought it was supposed to be a 10% chance. One fizzle in four fights is NOT 10%. The guy was so annoying too. The second fight when he saw it was me again he said "YAY FREE POINTS". Its frustrating when they say things like that and you know they are right. I would love the chance to fight that same person with no wild bolt and see how smug he is. After those 4 fights i was knocked back down to knight.
All the other spells can be countered with shields or weakness. Most people who use wildbolt use the treasure card vesion. This way it has better accuracy and they can get it when they want. They have more wildbolts in there deck then you have shields and they dont have to wait to find it in their deck. There is NO way to counter that.
With all of that said I am not sinking any more money in this game if they are going to keep rewarding people like that. If KI can't come up with a fair pvp system then I will shut off both my account and my sons.

Hope this doesn't offend you but, I see your fustration, but you threaten to quit Wizard101 because of a little 1000 hit card in pvp.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Hey all you Wizards and other members out there. Well i'm here to tell you my experience with Wild Bolt at PvP matches Ranked. I'm a level 50 Grandmaster Ice student currently studying ice magic in the far reaches of frostholm in Grizzleheim. I have just came back to Wizard City to join ranked matches because I just wanted to see if I was good in them. So me and my brother, who is a level 46 myth student joined a match against these two other students currently of the Storm school. Well it started like this. They went first. They sheilded themselves and i summoned my ice minion and my bro spirit bladed himself. next turn BOOM! i was hit by a wild bolt doing somewhat 900 damage. i was like what?? Then next turn again BOOM! again! 1100 damage! the next ones for one student fizzled but the other hit. another 1000 damage. Next round after me trying so hard to protect myself failed and died off with Tempest. My minion died and my bro was left there to finish up. i fled so i could keep my 0-0 record of PvP matches.lol. My bro ended up dying from two wild bolts. This made me mad a bit. I won't quit Wizard 101 just because of that but, I'm speaking for everyone who hates Wild Bolters, maybe ,KI, you can fix them a bit? And for all you other people who use wild bolts like chaining them or treasure carding them... STOP IT PLZ? Thank you for your time everyone.

~ Sean IceBlood lv50
Ice Grandmaster

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
I kinda agree, but you really should not be playing around with ranked PvP until your higher level, I would not even bother with a ranked match until your at least level 36 or higher. However, I'm a grandmaster and i have two grand masters. i am great at PvP, but those bolts are an issue, every school should have a similiar spell to be fair. One can only shield up so much, just to have it taken down by a wand, or if we're 2v2 or 3v3...etc, pretty much a loss. They should ban wild bolts from pvp, its cheating, there is no skill in a level 10 beating a level 40 or level 50 wizard with a wild bolt, it then comes donw to luck of the deck and wether or not I can shield up. All skill on my part and yours but not for the bolt guys. your wasting your time with ranked PvP at a low level, I mean come on whats the point? if you want practice, then go practice and stop crying about it. Here is the deal, the faster you PIP up and organize your deck with only your primary school spells ONLY!! along with shields, you;ll be fine. Being Grandmaster has it's advatages, I can PIP up twice or three times faster than a lower level wizard, you dont have a chance shields or not!! Cause the damage I can cause is beyond what the shields can protect your from. hope this helps, but in the end, I agree NO MORE BOLTS!!!!! Unless other schools can have the same or similiar LARGE spell, it only costs 2pips to cast, thats just not right.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
toontown8 wrote:
I kinda agree, but you really should not be playing around with ranked PvP until your higher level, I would not even bother with a ranked match until your at least level 36 or higher. However, I'm a grandmaster and i have two grand masters. i am great at PvP, but those bolts are an issue, every school should have a similiar spell to be fair. One can only shield up so much, just to have it taken down by a wand, or if we're 2v2 or 3v3...etc, pretty much a loss. They should ban wild bolts from pvp, its cheating, there is no skill in a level 10 beating a level 40 or level 50 wizard with a wild bolt, it then comes donw to luck of the deck and wether or not I can shield up. All skill on my part and yours but not for the bolt guys. your wasting your time with ranked PvP at a low level, I mean come on whats the point? if you want practice, then go practice and stop crying about it. Here is the deal, the faster you PIP up and organize your deck with only your primary school spells ONLY!! along with shields, you;ll be fine. Being Grandmaster has it's advatages, I can PIP up twice or three times faster than a lower level wizard, you dont have a chance shields or not!! Cause the damage I can cause is beyond what the shields can protect your from. hope this helps, but in the end, I agree NO MORE BOLTS!!!!! Unless other schools can have the same or similiar LARGE spell, it only costs 2pips to cast, thats just not right.

And now it's time for a new pvp move...

Drum roll please!
(dadadadadadadadadadpow!)

Chain Shielding!

Everyone keeps giving shields to the strongest player.
The strongest survives long enough to squish the other team!

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
Hey remember this storm has the worst health overall but has the best spells ice has the Best health in the game so it is reasonable that we have a 1000 damage spell you can kill us really fast

-thomas deathgem
lvl 44 (master diviner)

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
Now first lets get one thing straight i have a storm and a balance and an ice wizard that are fairly high,and on my storm i have wild bolt,now trust me when you get wild bolt it is NO good what so ever because it fizzles all the time,but there are clothes that you can wear to make it not fizzle as much.
If you wear these clothes it is probably like you said ,plus there is a ten percent accuracy blade/charm. However these clothes are very hard to get and your enemy really worked hard to get them so i see nothing wrong with a little hard work paying off. now this may change your mind about wild bolt but probably not,but... this may give you an understanding and i hope you don't quit the game because of this experience.

PS On my balance wizard i had the same trouble but if you do a 2v2 they don't do it as much and i suggest you try storm and see how useless it is unless you have these clothes.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I just wanted to say that it fizzles to much, make it more accurate. Sometimes I get treasure cards and it works after several tries. Notice it works more if you hit them above the head or near thier feet, not left or right.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
ShockerTheMenace wrote:
STOP COMPLAINING you guys are ruining the game with your Complaining. First off wild bolt is easy to shield from Its called ASBORB TOWER SHIELD AND STORM SHIELD AND THEY OTHER SHIELDS and the other shields that can protect you with both storm or ice or both fire and storm.

Judgement is a little harder to shield.
USE ABSORBS AND TOWER SHIELDS THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.

So stop complaining before you ruin the game for everyone else.

those who complain about being boltes are not the ones ruining the game. I have been playing since after beta, and NEVER was bolt an issue until they introduced the ranked arena. Actually before ranked was introduced no one even used bolt! Si this automatically tells me that people understand it as a cheat. There are those ruining the game and they wont duel in thier own class. I quit paying for the game before chirstmas, until they fix this i wont again. The good news is, the solution is on its way! YAY a fair ranked match

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I agree "Bolters" are annoying like i versed an adept myth or fire and the kept bolting me I was so tired of it

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
when you turn level 8, you can always buy shields with your points. So when that happens you wont really have to worry about a wild bolt, it will do less damage. But, they might be able to break the shields with their wand so here is a tip. Shield up as much as you can with STORM shields, or any other attack that you dont wish to be harmed from. Then attack before you die. hope this tip helps you. and Good luck.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
:Di hate lower lvls than boltin m nd bating e inrane match too but if you get a pvp gear suh as commander gear an o course storm shilds you could win them or you a use blak mantle so they cant us bolt or disapite bt i heard that a lotof peple complaining bout bolting so KI will take off enchanted cards out o h game ( thats what i heard ) so people quittin justbecauseof that, you guys ont ave to quiet jut because of a wild boltou know the game is ntall out raked matchs pvp there is soeting else yu can do that is fun

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
stop complaining. while your complaining about bolt your using your chain stun from fire or your death beguile. every school has that one unfair card.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
Ok, ya need to chill. Don't quit just cause ya keep getting hit by wild bolt. I will agree that something's not right bout that. And bout the wraith thing is pretty weird. I suggest using storm shields for that so it'll do bout 200 damage. Also try some black mantles or smokescreens. That'll make it an auto fizzle. Weakness also helps. But i think that Wild bolt treausure cards should be banned from PvP matches. I've noticed that the treasure card of Wild Bolt(which has 20% accuracy) actually works more than it should. Somethings up wit that.

Hope this helps 8)

Historian
May 15, 2009
WELL WELL WELL now we can all b happy cuz enchant cards can no longer be traded bteween players because of these issues
NOW the wild bolt SHOULD calm down after a while cuz unless they r storm war lords the other school war lords will run out eventually

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Well all I can say is stop complaining... many people are upset too but we are not foolish enought to stop playing a simple little game. Just calm down and everything will be alright... As my mom always tells me...

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
My main is a storm, and Wild Bolt ain't all that. You're not noticing all the fizzles. Hint: Tower Shield and/or Storm Shield are key. Even Weakness helps.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Dude u shouldnt quit the game because wild bolt kill you u just have to arm yourself.I think u should have 40% accracy for wild bolt if your storm and everyone else should have a 10% accracy. It should only be fair cause balance has judgement which is like a copy off of tempest but stronger. even if you try to make it for other schools it will be drop to 10% accracy. It think that will be fair for storm to have wild bolt and can use it. :D

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
ok people you all are saying to rase the pips needed to cast it and dont allow it to be used sniper on it ok people listen to the name of the spell its a WILD BOLT it is supposed to be unexpected and be very bad a not hitting becuase do all lighting bolts hit one answer NO sometimes you can be luckey and hit sometimes you can be zues up in the sky and have more accruacy then most people on the ground so people stop COMPLAINING you are making me angry and bloodferret pvping isnt what the game is about it is about adventureing and battleing so if you whant to pvp go to another online game that is all about player versus player and stop whining

valdus frostrunner lvl32 magus thuamtugre

wizarding is determination thats my motto

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
MoolindaWu wrote:
In just 3 more levels your fire wizard will get the Glacial Shield. Probably with the level 5 deck you can put three copies in. Also at level 8 if you have the training points you can get the Volcanic Shield from the Ice School. This will allow you to either stack for added protection or just put on one at a time as you're attacked to successfully defend against 6 storm attacks. Hopefully this helps! :)

you are so right, bolt is never a problem and so arent all the other enchanted treasure cards. people need to learn from their losses, if you ban enchanted treasure cards today, what will they want you to ban tomorrow? crown gears? crafted treasure cards? all treasure cards? everything in the spiral? why not ban it all?

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I agree, every time i get my rank up it falls back down because i get wild bolted. If your not going to fix wild bolts damage at least ban treasure cards from pvp. 8)

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
dude admit it is just a game if your a knight rank again just work your way up if you reached that far last time you can do it again i beleive in you man

Survivor
May 01, 2010
(Kinda late int he game but, better late than never)
I really don't understand what is the complains about wild bolt. Remember that all is actually balanced. You have to note that storm school lacks in health + accuracy + it fizzles a whole lot more than any school that exists in w101, and good clothes are harder to come by. If you truly wanted wild bolt removed then lets balance it even better.

1. Add balance shield + traps
2. Ice should be given less health (balanced to the other school)
3. faint should be removed from death.
4. fire/death/ice/balance should fizzle more

hmm ya, I beat some of ya wont agree now! that would make everyone == to any other school. To me this would be kinda boring, I rather not pay in this case. One thing I do agree is that users that have not reached the level to use wild bolt should not be given the chance to use it, this is totally unfair cause I worked darn hard for all my spells.

Storm lvl 42 Chase

Survivor
May 01, 2010
btw! if you must know, here is some great info on all schools.

* Life Opponents: They have high health, weaker spells and the natural ability to heal. You should hit them hard and fast so that they don't have time to heal themselves. The life Absorb spell doesn't work against health drain spells like Vampire.

* Death Opponents: These wizards have powerful spells and can heal themselves while dealing damage. Look out for the Feint and Beguile spells. If they cast Beguile on you, the damage spell you cast will be turned around on you. Feint puts a 70% damage trap on you.

* Myth Opponents: Myth wizard spells aren't that powerful. However, they have an astounding array of manipulation, charm and enchantment cards. They also have several minion spells. Be careful of the following spells: Stun, Blinding Light, Pierce and Earthquake. Stun prevents the opponent from casting for one round. Blinding Light stops a whole team from casting for a round. Pierce removes a shield from the target. Earthquake takes aways all charms and shields while dealing 335 points of damage to all enemies.

* Balance Opponents: The damage created by these wizards is relatively moderate except for one card. The Judgement spell can do massive damage if the wizard saves up a great amount of power pips. It deals 100 points of damage per pip point. Also, their is no shield that stops just balance magic. You can only use a tower shield to block 50% of it. They also have a spell called Black Mantle that takes your accuracy down by 60%. Destroy them before they have time to stack up too many pips and use Judgement.

* Fire Opponents: It's easy to underestimate the effectiveness of fire spells. However, their many spells that take 3 rounds to cause total damage can quickly eat away your health points when stacked. Look out for the spells Scald, Choke and Steal Charm. Choke stuns the enemy for one round. Steal Charm steals one charm from the opponent. When fighting one, use multiple fire shields.

* Ice Opponents: Ice wizards have the highest health but weak spells. They can stun their opponents with Freeze and steal one of their shields with Steal Ward. Beyond that, they have several native shields. Be prepared to use wand bolts to tear down their shields then hit hard with large damage spells.

* Storm Opponents: They have low accuracy, low health and the strongest spells. One of their most deadly spells is Wild Bolt. This spell deals 1000 points of damage and only takes 2 pips which means it only needs 1 power pip to be used by a storm wizard. Make sure that you load up on storm shields and use their low health to your advantage.

Explorer
Mar 30, 2010
Bloodferret wrote:
The topic says it all. I'm tired of working hard to get rank just to lose it all to someone who just sits there and uses wild bolt. I have a grandmaster 2 masters and a magus. The fights take so long at the higher levels, so i decided to try some low level fights. I made a fire wizard and got him t level 5. I was doing good in pvp and got all the way to captain, almost to cammander. Then I ran in to wild bolt! I fought the same guy 4 times in a row and he only fizzled once!! I thought it was supposed to be a 10% chance. One fizzle in four fights is NOT 10%. The guy was so annoying too. The second fight when he saw it was me again he said "YAY FREE POINTS". Its frustrating when they say things like that and you know they are right. I would love the chance to fight that same person with no wild bolt and see how smug he is. After those 4 fights i was knocked back down to knight.
All the other spells can be countered with shields or weakness. Most people who use wildbolt use the treasure card vesion. This way it has better accuracy and they can get it when they want. They have more wildbolts in there deck then you have shields and they dont have to wait to find it in their deck. There is NO way to counter that.
With all of that said I am not sinking any more money in this game if they are going to keep rewarding people like that. If KI can't come up with a fair pvp system then I will shut off both my account and my sons.

Okay, we all understand. the easy solution is to simply make a STORM STUDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then once you get wild bolt YOU could use it!

Matthew FireRider
Level 37
Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Look, Quiting the most Awesome game In The World (In my opinion) isn't the solution to this problem.
If you dont like getting hit with wildbolt and dieing, Try to get shields like spirit armor, tower shield, and storm shield to lower the hit. (My guess is that if you have all three, you probably only get hit by a hundred or so. My guess.)
So, I hope that helps and Dont quit this game! It rocks!
~Chelsea Skytalon
Level 35 Life