Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

FIX WILD BOLT or I'm done with wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2009
ya dude i know how you feel

but its life and we just have to deal with it
but i would sujest that you get to lvl 8 and learn the glacial shield
also you could buy some storm and towershield treasure cards

ps
if you see someone using storm moves and he keeps fizzling, then use shields

and the other guy who kept killing u he probably had clothes that gave him accuracy
hope this helps

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
oh please GOOD BYE AND GOOD LUCK!

I have a balance wiz and i hear nothing but complaints about judgement.
I have a storm wiz and bolt is too much.
I have a life wiz and it heals too much.
And I have a fire wiz and all hear is complaints about steal and stun.

IT WASNPT EASY TO RANK ON ANY OF THEM. BUT I MANAGED!!

Grow up the game wasn't created to let you WIN!

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
Sojourna wrote:

I toatally agree. People wont just stop complaing. I mean if they have a problem thy can stop playing. We dont want to hear complaints while we are trying to have fun. and plus, its just a game. :? 8) :x :P :-o :) :-) :D :(

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
justin8er wrote:
Sojourna wrote:

I toatally agree. People wont just stop complaing. I mean if they have a problem thy can stop playing. We dont want to hear complaints while we are trying to have fun. and plus, its just a game. :? 8) :x :P :-o :) :-) :D :(

All this logic is false.

While this is just a game, it's a game we all paid for. Having a balanced game is what we expect. Sure it takes a while, but that's what we basically are is testers for this game so they can nerf spells and balance their unbalanced game out.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
oh please would you like cheese with that whine?

Wildbolt has 10% accuracy and even when built to its highest accuracy using sniper making it 35 and adding a storm AND a balance accuracy treasure card makes it 55 at most! Having done this serveral times (at the cost of wasting time it can still fizz because the rate is one of two.

I HAVE WATCHED IT DO SO and by the way my gear at the time was 17% accurate, so that pushed it to 72% and i got hammered trying to do that.

So spare me. Wildbolt is and always will be a shot in the dark.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
MoolindaWu wrote:
In just 3 more levels your fire wizard will get the Glacial Shield. Probably with the level 5 deck you can put three copies in. Also at level 8 if you have the training points you can get the Volcanic Shield from the Ice School. This will allow you to either stack for added protection or just put on one at a time as you're attacked to successfully defend against 6 storm attacks. Hopefully this helps! :)
Yes but the storm shields dont help AT ALL!!!!! i used storm shield when someone used wild bolt when my storm shield was used i thought "heh heh heh he forgot about my storm shield" but when it hit me i still took 800 damage!!!! all i can say is please look up how much damage a storm shield does against wild bolt because it does not seem like 200 damage out of 1000 is 80%. sorry about complaining i am just saying because i was a overlord but got pulled down strait to private because every time i do a ranked match i get put up with people who just use wild bolt.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
I understand that Wild Bolt is supposed to be 10% and it's really like 70% but you don't need to get upset over it. IT'S A GAME!!!! Calm down. I have a Grandmaster Storm, I can make you some Wild Bolts if you want. I don't know why people PvP in the first place it's a waste of money. If you think of it. You pay. 10$ a Month to play if you are in the Arena for a certain amount of days fighting and dying fighting and dying then what's the point of it?? But.. Why would you shut off your sons account?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Sojourna wrote:

Wildbolt has 10% accuracy and even when built to its highest accuracy using sniper making it 35 and adding a storm AND a balance accuracy treasure card makes it 55 at most! Having done this serveral times (at the cost of wasting time it can still fizz because the rate is one of two.

I HAVE WATCHED IT DO SO and by the way my gear at the time was 17% accurate, so that pushed it to 72% and i got hammered trying to do that.

Well, at 72%, it's pretty much the same accuracy as all the other Storm spells, isn't it?

I've seen Wild Bolt land time after time in arena. That's why people use it.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Yes its accuracy is 10% BASE. Add sniper and its greatly increased. Not to mention I can cast it with my Balance GrandMaster and hit 8 out of 10 times if not all 10. Storm is the only one that actually has problems with it. As far as other schools using it well, Gold Cards are allowed and as such, there are many WildBolt Commanders out there. The days of pitting schools against schools and their spells and tactics against your spells and tactics are over. Duels are for the Gold Card Commanders now and not a chance to pit skills against skills any longer. Don't like it then don't duel. Otherwise, there is only one alternative. Gold cards are available to all and if you can find a storm wizard who will make them, stock up and wildbolt your way over them lol. Short of that, KI has left us little alternative to the arena and to pit skills against skills.

Live with Honor and
Die with Honor
or Live a hollow life.

James DreamRider
GrandMaster Balance
No Retreat, No Surrender and
No One gets left Behind
USArmy Retired

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Okay, here's my standing on the wild bolt tactic: It works. End of story. Besides, here's a much simpler solution than being whiners who only complain: (thanks to a fellow wizard who posted this) add in the option "Use treasure cards?" I mean seriously, It's like the best idea out there (and whoever came up with it is really brilliant) plus it doesn't ruin it for storm. What's next? Ice can't shield? Death can't steal health? Life can't heal? Another note... come on, you're level 5... that's a little low for pvp, especially ranked.

Fred Angleblade, signing off.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
I Agree Wild Bolt And Spells Like Beguile Should Be School Only If That Was Done It Would Solve So Many Problems! Dont Make It So You Cant Have A Wild Bolt Treasure Make It So You Cant Use It In PvP Unless You Are A Storm

Chase DeathRunner Master Necromancer

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
James makes a good point even balance people can use wild bolts easier than the storm people. That's sad also. Probably the easiest by far wizard class I have ever played is balance in pvp. I have played them all. The other schools require a lot of thought about tactics and overall strategy, NOT balance. Even when you add in the mix wild bolt there are ways at least to defend against it. Not judgement.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Here's what I think i understand both sides but its hard to fix wild bolt i understand from one side that it does major damage with a short pip count and lots of damage ( trust me as a war lord you get that a lot )

but now think about it from a storm's point of view he has 2 power pips he tries to bolt fizzles now he gets a any kind if pip well from the circumstances he might as well just use stormzilla or Triton rather then waste time bolting so if they raised the pip amount storms would really find no use for it because they have a better chance just using stormzilla triton or storm lord

its fair and unfair at the same time just try to see it from both points of view

sincerely

foulsteel

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I use wild bolt alot in pvp. I dont think it should be removed from pvp or changed but i do think school only spells should be untradeble.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
Bloodferret wrote:
This is to otys. First thing, as you said your not a dad yet ao you dont have a clue about being a good or bad parent. Second thing, My son was right there when i made the post and read the entire thing. He agrees with me 100%. He had had just as many problems with wildbolt as I have if not more. I told my son there are plenty of other online games that we can try out together. Besides I'm not deleting his profile I'm just not going to sink more money into this game until they fix alot of the problems with the pvp system. The profiles will still be there and we can come back when ever we want.
Last thing, let me give you a parenting tip. If you ever do become a dad get the whole story and dont jump to conclusions before you start TALKING and yes THINK before you post!

Dude, I am a Grand Myth, and we all know that storm is my weakness. You would think that I would of course have problem with wild bolt.... right? But guess what dude.....I don't! You and your sun needs to learn how to play the game smart! Even playing second, you can still shield yourself with ease! I'm not going to baby you and explain how (mostly because it already been explain to you and the above messages). PLEASE DO TAKE YOUR BIZ ELSEWHERE!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
want to here my secret to avoid wild bolt its called shielding and second i am a grandmaster death and i have NEVER used beugile i tried it once but heres the thing it only tells me what the other team is doing so i have no use for it . what i think is ok is that wild bolt should have a 20% accuracy base but then the pip cost should be 4-5

Survivor
Jun 09, 2008
If you were the person USING wild bolt you would not be saying this. All you have to do is shield OR make a Storm wizard and use it against those smug people

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Rykue wrote:
Bloodferret wrote:
This is to otys. First thing, as you said your not a dad yet ao you dont have a clue about being a good or bad parent. Second thing, My son was right there when i made the post and read the entire thing. He agrees with me 100%. He had had just as many problems with wildbolt as I have if not more. I told my son there are plenty of other online games that we can try out together. Besides I'm not deleting his profile I'm just not going to sink more money into this game until they fix alot of the problems with the pvp system. The profiles will still be there and we can come back when ever we want.
Last thing, let me give you a parenting tip. If you ever do become a dad get the whole story and dont jump to conclusions before you start TALKING and yes THINK before you post!

Dude, I am a Grand Myth, and we all know that storm is my weakness. You would think that I would of course have problem with wild bolt.... right? But guess what dude.....I don't! You and your sun needs to learn how to play the game smart! Even playing second, you can still shield yourself with ease! I'm not going to baby you and explain how (mostly because it already been explain to you and the above messages). PLEASE DO TAKE YOUR BIZ ELSEWHERE!

You as a player of a wizard don't have any natural weakness to storm. LOL! Only pve creatures do. Your resists to the various schools of magic depend on your gear choices, nothing else.

I just used a dispel ignorance card.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2008
I do 1v1 a lot and i hate vsing other people that bolt everyturn. Even when i shield they always have a storm wand. I never stand a chance. :(

Lvl 13 Balance Cody Sandwielder

Survivor
Sep 09, 2008
Wizard101 should higher the pips used to four or five and higher the accuracy to forty or fifty, so people have to wait more turns to use it and it sometimes misses too. It would only make sense.

LVL 50 myth Blake RainbowEyes

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
I am not going to read everything on this thread but after reading the original post and Muulinda's response and after doing the same thing I have to say I won't do any PVP till wild bolt is gone either... I will still play wizard 101 but I wont do ranked pvp tillo they remove this spell or require it to be 5 or 6 pips and raise the spell success rate
it should be 6 pips and maybe 65%... That would be fair.. but 2 pips is a joke and yes in a fight that me and my younger brother was in (2v2 the both of them casted 4 wild bolts on us in a row and didn't fizzle once. So while I won't quit wizard 101 I will not pvp.. Also I don't expect the players to stop using it because if I were them I wouldn't not use it either... but it is a joke!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
IamLezul wrote:
Geez calm down! Why dont you try making a storm wizard and get the wild bolt yourself!

I know i late on reponse but this dude right get wild bolt yourself either by getting friend to make them (using tough and that stuff NOT crafting) or get a storm wizard to the required lvl.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Rykue wrote:
Bloodferret wrote:

Why'd you even bother posting? You obviously know nothing about pvp...
You even tried saying storm boosts off of myth.. that's LOLZ.
The person you replied to and tried to bash down is actually right, the pvp system has many errors; wild bolt being one of them. You on the other hand, are very wrong in every aspect you tried to point out. Even while going second, shielding is hard. A wand can take it off and so can a simple spell like storm snake.

Please, don't baby any of us and try to explain how to do anything. It'll be a time wasting attempt, we don't need your advice.

His business is where it belongs. He's also having a hard time with players abusing the spell wild bolt in pvp because it IS a problem.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
Sojourna wrote:

It's not a shot in the dark, it's far from. If had such a terrible rep of fizzling we wouldn't be addressing this issue now would we?

Since you admitted to being a heavy user of it, we know why you're blindly defending it.

By the way, you don't add the percentages, it's not 55+17. So no, it wasn't 72%. Nor was it ever 55%. You don't know math and you're sitting here trying to tell us what's right and wrong.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I would like to see wild bolt do damage to the user. Say like 500 dam to self 1000 dam to target. With mods it would make it still powerful but all the low level user would be kicking there own butts. It would make things intersting to see.