Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

FIX WILD BOLT or I'm done with wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
The topic says it all. I'm tired of working hard to get rank just to lose it all to someone who just sits there and uses wild bolt. I have a grandmaster 2 masters and a magus. The fights take so long at the higher levels, so i decided to try some low level fights. I made a fire wizard and got him t level 5. I was doing good in pvp and got all the way to captain, almost to cammander. Then I ran in to wild bolt! I fought the same guy 4 times in a row and he only fizzled once!! I thought it was supposed to be a 10% chance. One fizzle in four fights is NOT 10%. The guy was so annoying too. The second fight when he saw it was me again he said "YAY FREE POINTS". Its frustrating when they say things like that and you know they are right. I would love the chance to fight that same person with no wild bolt and see how smug he is. After those 4 fights i was knocked back down to knight.
All the other spells can be countered with shields or weakness. Most people who use wildbolt use the treasure card vesion. This way it has better accuracy and they can get it when they want. They have more wildbolts in there deck then you have shields and they dont have to wait to find it in their deck. There is NO way to counter that.
With all of that said I am not sinking any more money in this game if they are going to keep rewarding people like that. If KI can't come up with a fair pvp system then I will shut off both my account and my sons.

Developer
In just 3 more levels your fire wizard will get the Glacial Shield. Probably with the level 5 deck you can put three copies in. Also at level 8 if you have the training points you can get the Volcanic Shield from the Ice School. This will allow you to either stack for added protection or just put on one at a time as you're attacked to successfully defend against 6 storm attacks. Hopefully this helps! :)

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
:( I can understand your fustration, but like MoolindaWu said, you can always shield yourself. Even if you're not at the level to learn a shielding card, you can always buy shields at the Library or at the Bazaar. Hang in there!

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Geez calm down! Why dont you try making a storm wizard and get the wild bolt yourself!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I really do not understand how you expect your level 8 to stand up well against a much higher level spell. As you progress in the pvp arena the opponets are going to get more difficult. I found that at the level of 19 I was able to get to warlord with ease. Using the same character at level 48 I struggle to keep the commander rank. The pvp system is not designed to keep you in easy matches after you have already won 12 - 15 matches in a row. There is nothing special about your pvp skills, all pvp fanatics can rank high at low lvls. You have to adapt to the pvp level or accept your losses.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Th problem is you have to find your shields. If the person with wildbolt goes first and you dont have a storm shield in hand your toast alot more than 10 % of the time. Also, you can get rid of shields easily by taking a storm wand. I'm sorry, but wild bolt is BROKE. Actually the whole treasure card system is BROKE. They should have level restrictions, but thats another rant.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
Bloodferret wrote:
The topic says it all. I'm tired of working hard to get rank just to lose it all to someone who just sits there and uses wild bolt. I have a grandmaster 2 masters and a magus. The fights take so long at the higher levels, so i decided to try some low level fights. I made a fire wizard and got him t level 5. I was doing good in pvp and got all the way to captain, almost to cammander. Then I ran in to wild bolt! I fought the same guy 4 times in a row and he only fizzled once!! I thought it was supposed to be a 10% chance. One fizzle in four fights is NOT 10%. The guy was so annoying too. The second fight when he saw it was me again he said "YAY FREE POINTS". Its frustrating when they say things like that and you know they are right. I would love the chance to fight that same person with no wild bolt and see how smug he is. After those 4 fights i was knocked back down to knight.
All the other spells can be countered with shields or weakness. Most people who use wildbolt use the treasure card vesion. This way it has better accuracy and they can get it when they want. They have more wildbolts in there deck then you have shields and they dont have to wait to find it in their deck. There is NO way to counter that.
With all of that said I am not sinking any more money in this game if they are going to keep rewarding people like that. If KI can't come up with a fair pvp system then I will shut off both my account and my sons.

Bloodferret isnt that kind of harsh? I mean I have that problem all the time but quitting the game because of a problem that can be easiely fixed? Its kinda dumb to me. I'm sorry I was confused as to why you will shut down the game and stop playing because of one little problem.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Doesn't really matter. They just wand your shield then Bolt you for 1000+ damage, especially since the character he is talking about is level 5, so I doubt he has any resistance to speak of.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
With due respect to KI, I dont know why you are so adamant to fix wild bolt. So many posts are saying that this spell is broken. Just a while ago, I lost a match because I was hit by a wild bolt in the first turn. Even if I have tons of shields, there was no way I will be able to shield as I went second. The hit reduced my health to almost half and I never recovered from it. With four grandmasters I finished PVE four times, a fifth one is in the making but taking a long time for me to finish it as I am now so bored of doing the same quests for the nth times. I am ready to cancel my accounts subcriptions too like the original poster.
You should make special spells acquired through teachers quests as "school only" spells. These includes Wild bolt(Storm), Beguile (death), and all level 48th spells.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
I know we need to fix judgement to it hits to hard and i cant defend against it,and scarecrow because it can get pass my asorb shield,oh i dont like being stunned so fix stormlord and icegiant,and reberth they get to heal.

Come on use shields or use bolts your self because if you fix one school spellyou have to fix them all and that will just make more problems.

I think limit how many T-cards in the arena(1-2 from your schools) or none at all.

Hero
May 19, 2009
if this keeps up everyone will be left with just frost beetle. it seems there isnt a spell that you people dont complain about

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Zzatdragon wrote:
I know we need to fix judgement to it hits to hard and i cant defend against it,and scarecrow because it can get pass my asorb shield,oh i dont like being stunned so fix stormlord and icegiant,and reberth they get to heal.

Come on use shields or use bolts your self because if you fix one school spellyou have to fix them all and that will just make more problems.

I think limit how many T-cards in the arena(1-2 from your schools) or none at all.

Dude chill you are critisizing every level 48 spell pretty much and no one likes being stunned so get over it at least you cant chain stun anymore and yes you can block judgement get a tower shield

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Zzatdragon wrote:

Dont tell me to SHIELD. I was on my Death Wiz with another Death Wiz and we went second against Fire and Storm. The Fire HIT ME with wild bolt on the FIRST TURN, so tell me HOW CAN I SHIELD FROM IT? The second turn the Storm hit my partner with YES, BOLT. I dont mind the Storm hitting us with Bolts, but Fire and all other wizards??? We never recovered from the HIT and we lost. THIS IS THE IT, am cancelling my subscriptions and the whole family too.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
STOP COMPLAINING you guys are ruining the game with your Complaining. First off wild bolt is easy to shield from Its called ASBORB TOWER SHIELD AND STORM SHIELD AND THEY OTHER SHIELDS and the other shields that can protect you with both storm or ice or both fire and storm.

Judgement is a little harder to shield.
USE ABSORBS AND TOWER SHIELDS THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.

So stop complaining before you ruin the game for everyone else.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
look wild bolt is not broke.... if you make a storm wizard you will like it and it will do good but the PROBLEM is this......
ice wizards spamming wild bolts until they can ice giant? and with PVP gear they have about 24%? and the treasure cards MADE FOR THEM WITH KEEN EYES OR ACCURATE AND SNIPER AND SO ON easily hit a nice easy 44%..... which they make MANY of.... easy shots you ask me so uh restrict the use of battle-made treasure cards :( they are RUNINING PVP.
storm uses wild bolt but thy have low like and are easily killed or one shotted.....but an ice wizard? I mean come on....

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
dude i see why you are upset but calm down. people can use whatever card they want.why dont you level up to get some shields.your probably not even gonna see that guy again any waysbut they do need to fix that percentage thing.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
ShockerTheMenace wrote:
STOP COMPLAINING you guys are ruining the game with your Complaining. First off wild bolt is easy to shield from Its called ASBORB TOWER SHIELD AND STORM SHIELD AND THEY OTHER SHIELDS and the other shields that can protect you with both storm or ice or both fire and storm.

Judgement is a little harder to shield.
USE ABSORBS AND TOWER SHIELDS THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.

So stop complaining before you ruin the game for everyone else.

Didnt you read my post before your post? Tell me how on earth you can use those shields when you go second and in the first turn your opponent use the wild bolt and it hits? It isnt the norm but it happened to me twice and never recovered. It happened as well to one of the posters.

Judgement is not hard to shield ( a combination of a regular tower shield and the -55 will do the trick, some weakness). BEFORE they can use a killer judgement, they NEED PIPS, buffs and power ups which means you will see that they are building up for that attack. You can see a judgement coming, and therefore you can plan your shields. You dont see a bolt coming, it doesnt need buffs and lots of PIPS to make it effective, so you dont know when to shield, and assuming your sheilds come up right on time. Even if you do shield and it hits you at a minimum, the bottom line is they still have PIPS left for their powerful school attack or another Bolt.

Grandmasters - Storm (Warlord), Death (Warlord), Balance(Commander), Life (Commander)
Magus - Myth (Captain)

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
SUPERCAMPER wrote:
look wild bolt is not broke.... if you make a storm wizard you will like it and it will do good but the PROBLEM is this......
ice wizards spamming wild bolts until they can ice giant? and with PVP gear they have about 24%? and the treasure cards MADE FOR THEM WITH KEEN EYES OR ACCURATE AND SNIPER AND SO ON easily hit a nice easy 44%..... which they make MANY of.... easy shots you ask me so uh restrict the use of battle-made treasure cards :( they are RUNINING PVP.
storm uses wild bolt but thy have low like and are easily killed or one shotted.....but an ice wizard? I mean come on....

You just explained how it's broken as a treasure card.
KI has a lot of work to do.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
the biggest problem with wild bolt is this anyone can use it in pvp ranked. That should never happen. Now, they give storm less life for a reason, but
that over comes the low life in a pvp ranked match

So you can not win as a storm wizard.

School only cards should be just that

Also, it might make better games if they take friends teams out and made them quick join because a team that play with everyone they know has an advantage over a random team of wizards.

or

friends team vs friends team (meaning not play random teams)

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
non8er wrote:
Zzatdragon wrote:

Dude chill you are critisizing every level 48 spell pretty much and no one likes being stunned so get over it at least you cant chain stun anymore and yes you can block judgement get a tower shield

I am not critisizing every 48 level spell,i am being sarcastic,What iam trying to saying is people need to quit complaining about the game spells,yes wildbolt is a big pain in arena thats why i say they should limit T-cards or a option not to use T-cards at all.
But if you start fixing spells to please one person then you have to fix all spells for everyone and that would cause more problems in the game.

I hope this clears up what i was trying to say.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
This is to otys. First thing, as you said your not a dad yet ao you dont have a clue about being a good or bad parent. Second thing, My son was right there when i made the post and read the entire thing. He agrees with me 100%. He had had just as many problems with wildbolt as I have if not more. I told my son there are plenty of other online games that we can try out together. Besides I'm not deleting his profile I'm just not going to sink more money into this game until they fix alot of the problems with the pvp system. The profiles will still be there and we can come back when ever we want.
Last thing, let me give you a parenting tip. If you ever do become a dad get the whole story and dont jump to conclusions before you start TALKING and yes THINK before you post!

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Wild Bolt simply needs to cost more to cast. 3-4 Pips would put it more in line with the Damage vs. Risk ratio of other schools as Storm school does have the highest damage with highest fizzle chance. In the case of this card though the fizzle chance when enhanced and used as a side board treasure card makes it a game breaker. Either you have to use it to compete or you have to be very lucky.

Even if you have a treasure shield for 85% off the damage up and are hit with Wild Bolt you will still take 150+ damage average (not going to add in the other mods here), loose your shield, and it still only cost 2 pips which is in line with the damage to pip cost of other schools if you had not defended at all!

As previous posts have shown, it is easy to get Wile Bold to 50% or more chance to case which takes away from the original intent of this card which no other school has anything even remotely similar. The closest one would be Fire school with Immolate 4 pips for about half of Wild Bolts Damage and you take damage yourself for using it.

I am hoping KI will take a look at this and consider how it is impacting the players and look at a fair way to modify this card. When they changed the stuns effect it was a big change but one for the better for all players. I believe a change is needed her as well. Maybe just to select cards or maybe to the Side-Board Treasure cards as a whole.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
Bloodferret wrote:
This is to otys. First thing, as you said your not a dad yet ao you dont have a clue about being a good or bad parent. Second thing, My son was right there when i made the post and read the entire thing. He agrees with me 100%. He had had just as many problems with wildbolt as I have if not more. I told my son there are plenty of other online games that we can try out together. Besides I'm not deleting his profile I'm just not going to sink more money into this game until they fix alot of the problems with the pvp system. The profiles will still be there and we can come back when ever we want.
Last thing, let me give you a parenting tip. If you ever do become a dad get the whole story and dont jump to conclusions before you start TALKING and yes THINK before you post!

alright i had it all wrong, sorry about that. i'll ask kings isle to delete the post

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
bloodferret, i agree with you 100% . i Am sick and tired of some low level in pvp using wild bolt. about half the time i face one i don't even know he has a card of it and then bam, your dead. And to add on, your right about not being able to draw the shield. That happens to me a LOT with others cards, KI needs to at least ban wild bolt from pvp or at least remove it from being a treasure card and what not.

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
SHIELDS WONT HELP IT IS A 2 PIPS SPELL THAT DOES 1000 IF IT HITS NOT INCLUDING BOOSTS AND TRAPS AND BLADES! I FOUGHT THIS GUYS WHO WASNT STORM BUT HE USED LIKE 5 WILD BOLTS( 5 CAUSE OF BALANCE ALL MY SHIELDS) BUT I LOST CAUSE IT HAS 20 ACCURACY IT WAS TREASURE NEVER FIZZLED ONEC I FOUGHT HIM 2 TIMES IN A ROW MY SATYR AND CENTAUR FIZZLE MORE THEN THAT

WOLF SHADOWBREAKER LVL45 SORCERER( i have up to feint in death and centaur in life)