Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

FIX WILD BOLT or I'm done with wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
Bloodferret wrote:
This is to otys. First thing, as you said your not a dad yet ao you dont have a clue about being a good or bad parent. Second thing, My son was right there when i made the post and read the entire thing. He agrees with me 100%. He had had just as many problems with wildbolt as I have if not more. I told my son there are plenty of other online games that we can try out together. Besides I'm not deleting his profile I'm just not going to sink more money into this game until they fix alot of the problems with the pvp system. The profiles will still be there and we can come back when ever we want.
Last thing, let me give you a parenting tip. If you ever do become a dad get the whole story and dont jump to conclusions before you start TALKING and yes THINK before you post!

exactly so why dont you THINK before you post?

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Enough already this post is ages old Bloodferret either went to a new game stopped pvping or sucked it up and dealt with the wild bolts so continuing to post on this thread is next to pointless

As it stands wild bolt isn't much of a problem now that people can't trade them. Only storms can use them and I really wonder why people have so much of a problem with a school that has extremely low life to have a powerful attack, and just imagine what you could do while they're sitting there bolting. When you shield thats a another turn there either going to use up swording or just continue to bolt while you build up for a good attack storms dont have much life so it doesnt take a giant attack to deal with them
If they shield thats a turn your not bolted you have your minions to who can help there's many ways to go around it so enough complaining on wild bolt.

Now I'm going to hope this will end the thread (though I doubt it) so this'll be my last post on the subject (for now)

~Foulsteel

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Just make it so you cant use the accuracy boosting cards on Wild Bolt.

~Wolf SoulHeart, Level 28 Necromancer.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
foulsteel wrote:
Enough already this post is ages old Bloodferret either went to a new game stopped pvping or sucked it up and dealt with the wild bolts so continuing to post on this thread is next to pointless

As it stands wild bolt isn't much of a problem now that people can't trade them. Only storms can use them and I really wonder why people have so much of a problem with a school that has extremely low life to have a powerful attack, and just imagine what you could do while they're sitting there bolting.

[...]

Now I'm going to hope this will end the thread (though I doubt it) so this'll be my last post on the subject (for now)

~Foulsteel

The problem remains that their is a lot of circumstantial evidence that something is broken in the spell fizzle code. Spells like this are seeming to rarely fizzle and some other spells in other areas seem to fizzle more then they should. This was noted repeatedly by people throughout this chain and it should not be ignored. And I am an trained engineer and well acquainted with statistical analysis and I am also a published game designer. Something is off in there on fizzles and needs to be throuroughly gone over because it isn't acting right.

Also I dont know if it's still a treasure card but if it is and I buy 12 of them and put ONLY them in my treasure card deck you can't get enough shields to hold me off unless you build a deck specifically to beat me (i.e crazy storn sheild heavy with storm shield treasure cards to boot) and then you will be at a significant disadvantage against everyone else. Whereas my deck works against everyone.

Combine both of these issues and you have a real problem that is dispiriting and demoralizing for anyone who isn't taking advantage of it.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
megaflare wrote:
Blood Ferret you are right, wild bolt is way too strong and becomes a nightmare in player vs player. something needs to be done about this, wild bolt hits 1000 and has 10% (as a regular card that is) unfortunately treasure cards are a lot more accurate. wild bolt (10%) + keen eyes = 20%; + accurate = 25%; + sniper = 30% (not even including accuracy boosts from spells (from balance and storm) and armor accuracy boosts) so lets assume its a wild bolt with a sniper. so 30% + accuracy boost from balance + accuracy boost from storm = 50%! now lets add the accuracy from armor. you total will range anywhere from 50%-75% now how is this for accurate. how would this be a fair spell at only a cost of two pips for a whopping attack of one thousand (not including blades traps and armor boosts). KI, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! i even have a few suggestions that may help.

1.) raise the pip cost (to 3-4); it would make player vs player a lot better. with the fact that at two pips players can cast an endless brigade of bolts.

2.)lower the damage (to 700-800); it would let the spell still be powerful but not outrageously powerful.

3.)(this applies to all schools) school only cards (such as wild bolt, beguile, unicorn, etc) should be just that or else what is the point of limiting those spells to only those schools.

i hope that any of these things may serve of some use to any future update. pleas consider these ideas, this way you don't have to remove any card and wild bolt gets to keep a fair amount of damage. i am sure it will help to fix this growing issue with wild bolt in the arena. :-)

well i hope that this problem is fixed soon, thank you to anyone who took the time to read my reply
um 700-800 is like triton and for four pips and only ten accuracy that is a faster way to get triton nut harder to cast. you see school spells get stronger and stronger since storm's main is damage with a few pips then it's strongest move is wild bolt at 1000 but although it is powerful that makes it hard to cast , but with a bunch of gear that increase accuracy that can cause it to be like 60, 70 accuracy . it is not unfair it is called strategy. if he is a storm grand in ranked in the 15 seconds before the battle quickly put storm shields absorbs and tower shields to have a higher chance at putting shields.but if the opponent has a power pip chance then you will probably lose unless you are first.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I have ben both the bolter and the person who receives the bolt.

Even with the best gear on a storm wizard can gear about a 25-30 (loosely) accuracy boost. For me, because i don't use treasure cards in pvp, that is maybe 45% accuracy. If you make a storm wizard, you can see more how bolt is one of the main points in a battle. If you were a lvl 28 storm wizard and you were up against some grand in a pvp, if you has a 1000 damage card i can assure you that you would probably use it.

When other schools bolt it is very annoying considering that you now cant trade enchanted cards. It is still going to take maybe years for all of the treasure cards to disappear. On my death wizard, she has so many treasure cards and is not my main account. Anyway, i think that other schools shouldn't be bale to bolt but you shouldn't get mad at a storm wizard for using it.

Either way i am not going to take side on if bolt is good, should be removed or changed, or that its just a natural thing for storm wizards to do.
:? :? :| :| :| :| :| :|

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
Bloodferret wrote:
The topic says it all. I'm tired of working hard to get rank just to lose it all to someone who just sits there and uses wild bolt. I have a grandmaster 2 masters and a magus. The fights take so long at the higher levels, so i decided to try some low level fights. I made a fire wizard and got him t level 5. I was doing good in pvp and got all the way to captain, almost to cammander. Then I ran in to wild bolt! I fought the same guy 4 times in a row and he only fizzled once!! I thought it was supposed to be a 10% chance. One fizzle in four fights is NOT 10%. The guy was so annoying too. The second fight when he saw it was me again he said "YAY FREE POINTS". Its frustrating when they say things like that and you know they are right. I would love the chance to fight that same person with no wild bolt and see how smug he is. After those 4 fights i was knocked back down to knight.
All the other spells can be countered with shields or weakness. Most people who use wildbolt use the treasure card vesion. This way it has better accuracy and they can get it when they want. They have more wildbolts in there deck then you have shields and they dont have to wait to find it in their deck. There is NO way to counter that.
With all of that said I am not sinking any more money in this game if they are going to keep rewarding people like that. If KI can't come up with a fair pvp system then I will shut off both my account and my sons.

Look, it's like saying get rid of immolate of fire, ice to get rid of collosus or frostbite, balance to get rid of judgement, life to get rid of dryad, satyr, or rebirth. You get the points. Storm has to be strong before they kill you. They have low health and by the time they get the pips for triton or like lord or something, they half dead or even dead. So bolt is their only option in a 1v1 or even so on. So stop complaining and DEAL with pvp. My life is a warlord and she dealt with all. My balance is commander and she dealt with it. And now my storm deals and used bolt.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Mazzyandmilk wrote:
Just make it so you cant use the accuracy boosting cards on Wild Bolt.

~Wolf SoulHeart, Level 28 Necromancer.

EXACTLY! well put

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
wild bolt is not a problem, even with wild bolt storm players tend to lose more PvP matches than they win

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Wild bolt helps storm wizards more. It has 10% acruaccy because it's so strong. Don't make KI turning the minds into banning Wild Bolt in a pvp!
Grand master STORM uses wild bolt for there pvps to go SMOOTHER. It's no problem, the want there pvps to be quicker cause they have lower health.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
If you are mad about the "bolters", I am sure by now the "dingers" are upsetting some too. Nothing like Balance wizards saving up pips to just ding you with Judgement. I actually don't mind fighting bolters. I can beat them fine as long as I have shields. Now they don't really have shields against balance, just tower shield and absorb and those are blown through with one ding or wands. We all have a school whom we don't like to fight so much. I think everyone needs to embrace the school in which they are in and don't worry so much about the ones who are hard to defeat. I hated doing pvp at first b/c of bolters, but now I love to fight the bolters! Defeating them is a beautiful victory. So don't get mad. Try to figure out a way to be better, and you will succeed!!

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
dynamite0629 wrote:
With due respect to KI, I dont know why you are so adamant to fix wild bolt. So many posts are saying that this spell is broken. Just a while ago, I lost a match because I was hit by a wild bolt in the first turn. Even if I have tons of shields, there was no way I will be able to shield as I went second. The hit reduced my health to almost half and I never recovered from it. With four grandmasters I finished PVE four times, a fifth one is in the making but taking a long time for me to finish it as I am now so bored of doing the same quests for the nth times. I am ready to cancel my accounts subcriptions too like the original poster.
You should make special spells acquired through teachers quests as "school only" spells. These includes Wild bolt(Storm), Beguile (death), and all level 48th spells.

Oh sure while were at it we can make the damage spells not work in pvp, they can't fix every spell someone complaines about. Wizard 101 can't fix everything, they have enough to do already. Sry but I don't think it is happening...

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
The reason it probally didnt fizzle much is because he probally had some accuracy boosting treasure cards. Although it might take awhile, at level 38 you'll get a pretty useful spell called smoke screen. It decreases accuracy by 40%. It especially useful for storm spells.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
come on dude it isnt like we storms are targeting you or your school like evry one says just put up shields wizard101 is ganna be in war just change it back to thhe way it is make a NEW REALLY GOOD SHIELD made just for wildbolt and move on like 99% shield and make it were it only works for wild bolt that way if you do get bolted IT WOULDNT HURT :( i just want my bolt back :(

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Gamealot wrote:
The problem remains that their is a lot of circumstantial evidence that something is broken in the spell fizzle code. Spells like this are seeming to rarely fizzle and some other spells in other areas seem to fizzle more then they should. This was noted repeatedly by people throughout this chain and it should not be ignored. And I am an trained engineer and well acquainted with statistical analysis and I am also a published game designer. Something is off in there on fizzles and needs to be throuroughly gone over because it isn't acting right.

Also I dont know if it's still a treasure card but if it is and I buy 12 of them and put ONLY them in my treasure card deck you can't get enough shields to hold me off unless you build a deck specifically to beat me (i.e crazy storn sheild heavy with storm shield treasure cards to boot) and then you will be at a significant disadvantage against everyone else. Whereas my deck works against everyone.

Combine both of these issues and you have a real problem that is dispiriting and demoralizing for anyone who isn't taking advantage of it.
\

There is NOTHING wrong with the fizzle, what people do is make them treasure cards by adding accuracy bonuses and GEAR adds accuracy bonus.

Everyone needs to STOP complaining and DEAL with it.

Tired of treasure bolters?

SOLUTION: BUY TREASURE STORM SHIELDS! OR! Put lots of shields in your deck.

I'm tired of noobs complaining about me being a treasure noob because I have treasure shields.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Well I guess you got what you wanted. Now Bolt is ruined, great job guys!!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
I so agree. Bolt has been ruined due to the constant whining here on the forum but do these other wizards know that we Storm Wizards have the lowest health in game?? Funny how KI can take away our biggest spell yet not offer a chance to up the health level.

I am not happy giving bolt up, but when casting a bolt and getting a hit of 12?? My wand is better than taking such a 2 pip chance. So why bother?? KI may as well just remove the spell all together. Its basically worthless now.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I don't see why a fair- for- all, or all other wizard (perhaps not involving storm) is making you leave the whole game. Of course, i would definitely leave the whole process over a spell. I understand that for some people, Wild Bolt was too much a change for some wizards, but would you really abandon the whole game over a spell? just my opinion, i think this is too dramatic, especially since you made a whole new post over it.

Justin Titanwraith, Legendary Pyromancer

p.s. you'll be back in two days after leaving, wizard 101 is too addicting