Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Flying?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I think (and I'm not the only one I hope) that it would be cool if your wizard could fly like on a broomstick or something. My best wizard (Nathaniel FairyGrove level 39 Death major, Storm minor) feels that he should be able to fly! It would obviously take a lot of animation and testing hours, but I think that you should be able to fly in "safe areas" (areas without monsters) and that would be without a Mana cost. and furthermore you should be able to fly in areas with monsters for a Mana cost (because this is a way to avoid unnecessary monster battles) and when you run out of mana then you float to the ground harmlessly. you get a basic broomstick at level 10 and then you can buy more advanced broomsticks. the broomstick enhancements make them faster and change their look and stuff. Not to fear high level wizards, you can still get a basic broomstick by talking to your teacher, and they give you the item. My last idea for the moment about this is that your broomstick can change colors from your schools colors to any other 2 colors for like 150 gold for basic broomsticks and then it goes up from there.

Good idea? Bad idea? Questions?

Name: Nathaniel FairyGrove
level: 39
Major School: Death
Minor School: Storm
Current World: MooShu
Current Pet: Snowman

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I believe what your thinking of are "Mounts". Now I have played multiple 'high-class' MMOs before. Especially World of Warcraft and I think it would be cool to have a Ground Mount at first. I'm sure there are plenty of horses, unicorns and bears running around that we could tame them and use them as mounts to ride around.

But to put an extra spin on it lets say you would also have to take care of the animal of your choice and buy feed for it and have a mini-game where you must wash it.

That would be cool, then once you get to a higher level (like 30 or 40) you can have a Flying Mount. Obviously there are cool and very exotic dragons around that you can find and tame to be your Flying Mount. Flying mounts should be able to fly anywhere and could also fly you to any land of your choice at any time. But beware of going to low that you might be pulled off your mount and into battle!

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
. Excellent idea i want my Life wiz to be able to ride on a Tree Branch( a life themed broomstick!) Or balance could ride on a hmm an awesome Ice/Storm/Fire beam. Fire could ride on a burning broomstick. Ice could ride on well Ice lol. Myth: I have absolutely no idea. Death could ride on a Skeleton Leg.( The foot being the "Broom" on the back). Storm could ride on lightning. It would take a long time to make and totally change wizard101 forever ( In a good way!)

Joseph Liferider Life level 48 Private
Joseph Sandrider Balance Level 30 Warlord

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Well, the Ground mount could be just we train our level two or three creature or something to be mountable. (STORM SHARK RODEO W00T!) but when we get to Marlybone Ha-le-lou-ya! we can fly on some sort of school specific broom (No Firebolt for jou!) and aviod battles, but at some sort of mana cost (Maybe like a fourth of you mana to use you Broom their for each time, so if you dismount and mount again but haven't left the area after giving 1/4 mana there is no extra cost.

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Ideas for ground mounts(lets stick with mounts at first ok)
Bear, Wolf, Bull, Unicorn, Broomstick, Scarpion, Hydra, (water) storm shark, triton water and land, stormzilla, Snow serpent , ice wyvern, colossus, Fire cat big, helephant, Satyr, Centaur.

Ideas for air mounts-Sunbird, variuos various broomsticks

Special-Dragon, Storm Lord, Power Nova, Ice Giant, Orthorus, Scarecrow.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2008
Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Hi everybody. i think it would be cool to fly on a broom stick too, but you can't fly around all monsters. also i do agree that you get the basic broom stick from your teacher at lvl 10.

by the way i am lvl 26 adept diviner :D :D :D i am tyler dragontamer on the game. plz add other ideas thx.

Hero
May 19, 2009
this game doesnt need mounts, if you dont want to fight enemies stay on the sidewalks. there is also no need for mounts to help you get to places faster bc every area of the game can be reached in less then five minutes on foot

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
The thing with mounts is that you have to make all these different animations for the different mounts. I just wanted a broom and then you had upgrades for it. I do like the "themed" broomsticks idea though.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:
this game doesnt need mounts, if you dont want to fight enemies stay on the sidewalks. there is also no need for mounts to help you get to places faster bc every area of the game can be reached in less then five minutes on foot

That's not what I intended them to be for DarthNexus, I wanted broomsticks to enhance game play. I mean It would be awesome to get a broom! Also, I only originally intended to suggest it for safe areas, but than a thought came to me. It wasn't to avoid battles, it was to enhance game play. I mean, thew wizards of the spiral don't have any other mode of transportation other than teleportation, which only extends to certian areas. And on top of it all, Have you ever seen wizard city, krokotopia, Marelybone, MooShu, DragonSpire, or even Grizzlehelm, from a birds eye view? Mull that question over before answering.

Survivor
May 13, 2009
Survivor
May 25, 2009
i think that for different schools get different flying stuff like:

Myth: Bloodbat
Death: Broomstick
Balance:
Life: Huge Leaf
Storm: Storm Cloud (like someone else said)
Ice: Huge Snowflake
Fire: Dragon

p.s you can come up with other ones too. The ones above are my idea.

Thanks,
Jordan Daycatcher, Myth, level 28

Lastly thats for school only but then like we can all make up our own for all schools.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
MasterColeman wrote:
Ideas for ground mounts(lets stick with mounts at first ok)
Bear, Wolf, Bull, Unicorn, Broomstick, Scarpion, Hydra, (water) storm shark, triton water and land, stormzilla, Snow serpent , ice wyvern, colossus, Fire cat big, helephant, Satyr, Centaur.

Ideas for air mounts-Sunbird, variuos various broomsticks

Special-Dragon, Storm Lord, Power Nova, Ice Giant, Orthorus, Scarecrow.

Yea! But W101 already has flying, the ship to Krokospinx Island and the
Marleybone ballon car rides. On the flying subject, maybe just be able to fly around you home area? That is if you have a Home.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
OH MY GOSH I WOULD LUV TO FLY! IT WOULD ROCK AND I WAS THINKING WE COULD RIDE OUR ANIMALS! LIKE FOR INSTANCE, UNICORN! PEOPLE COULD RIDE UNICORNS! GOOD IDEA? BAD IDEA? HEHHEH?

name: terri fairywhisper life lvl 44 master.
name:courtney deathheart death lvl 44 master.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
I love this idea. After all, what would an apprentice wizard be like without his or her broom? (Yes, we're all thinking of quidditch, aren't we?)

The main problem is how the game environment is set up. Flying too high or changing the camera angle will destroy much of the illusion that the developers have created. And, as someone pointed out, the game has specific paths in mind for movement. Just being able to zip over monsters would defeat the whole "sneak around" feeling in areas such as the Marleybone rooftops.

That said, it might be feasible to have mounts with no special movement abilities, just an animation of the character floating a few feet above the ground. It would be like the pets-- perhaps an extra card or pip awarded, but mostly there because it looks cool!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I wish the mounts weren't so much gold. I've collected about 10,000 gold and I still don't have enough for a permanant one. :( Could you please lower the prices of permaent ones?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
i payed 90,000 gold for mine i had 100,000 gold i have now 10,000 gold why do you make a permeant mount so expensive make them cheaper plz :)

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
we can now i think i am just pplaying it now well i am Shawna Lotusrunner level 15 ice wizard

Survivor
May 15, 2009
yeah i want the permanent mount prices to be lowered it costs so much i want to be able to actually buy a mount without crowns[

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Well on wizard 101 they did make broom sticks but they only float about 2ft high. he was'nt thinking about a mount. He was thinking about somthing going 100ft high. :-)

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
ok two major problems:

one, if everyone was using free will all-the-time magic like that the game would be very laggy (something this cool and EVERYONE will have it)
second, 150 gold is nothing i sold hats for way more. a basic one would cost idk 10k gold

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009

Thats what I was thinking. That would be so cool if they had a Unicorn to ride. :D

Zowie152 wrote:
OH MY GOSH I WOULD LUV TO FLY! IT WOULD ROCK AND I WAS THINKING WE COULD RIDE OUR ANIMALS! LIKE FOR INSTANCE, UNICORN! PEOPLE COULD RIDE UNICORNS! GOOD IDEA? BAD IDEA? HEHHEH?

name: terri fairywhisper life lvl 44 master.
name:courtney deathheart death lvl 44 master.

Explorer
Jul 11, 2009
DarthNexus wrote:

How ironic. An update that includes mounts! Isn't that the Funniest thing you've ever heard?

-WaddleDeeMan