Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Most Annoying Thing Ever

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2013
So I am a Pyromancer in Krok.
Round 1: Fireblade
Round 2: Prism
Enemy casts snow shield
Round 3: Sun Bird
Only 73 damage!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Clockwork Pidgeon on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
So I am a Pyromancer in Krok.
Round 1: Fireblade
Round 2: Prism
Enemy casts snow shield
Round 3: Sun Bird
Only 73 damage!
Not correct. The prism was cast BEFORE the shield so the shield does not apply. If that is actually the case, it needs to be corrected with KI immediately.

I think you cast the blade, the enemy cast a shield and then you cast the prism. That would result in the 80% loss of your spell.

Explorer
May 21, 2011
Okay so, here's what happened.

The Fireblade you cast boosts the damage to your next fire attack spell.

The fire prism changed the next fire attacking spell that hurts the enemy from fire damage to ice damage.

The snow shield reduced the amount of Ice Damage taken by 80%.

The sunbird only did 73 damage because the prism changed the fire damage to ice damage, and the snow shield reduced the damage by 80%.

And that's why your sunbird did 73 damage.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
When questing in the lower level worlds, I always use a wand that is opposite school in order to get rid of enemy shields. I also carry around pierce treasure cards for the times I can't get a wand hit. You can get pierce treasure cards at the bazaar, or if you garden you can get them as rewards from certain plants.

Survivor
May 04, 2013
You cast a blade. Then you cast the prism. That converted Fire damage to Ice damage. The opponent cast the ice shield. When you cast sunbird the blade added 35%. Then the prism changed the fire to ice. Then because it changed from fire to ice the opponent's ice shield was able to shield. So that's why it did little damage.
Stephanie FIreflame
lvl 24 adept pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
oh that stinks. i always try to avoid doing that

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kcehplove on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
You cast a blade. Then you cast the prism. That converted Fire damage to Ice damage. The opponent cast the ice shield. When you cast sunbird the blade added 35%. Then the prism changed the fire to ice. Then because it changed from fire to ice the opponent's ice shield was able to shield. So that's why it did little damage.
Stephanie FIreflame
lvl 24 adept pyromancer
Not correct. If the prism is cast prior to the shield, it is not affected. If the prism is cast after the shield, then, yes the shield will take all but 20% of the damage.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
Try to prism BEFORE it uses snow shield.