Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Graphical Client sometimes crashes

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
137
Just today when I happened to enter a area. This usually happens in Wintertusk and I think the Commons to. Well I can enter the area and it lags and well when I port to a friend in one of those areas is said something bout it be terminated and said WizardGraphicalClient is not working. I use a Windows and the version is Windows 8. My programs I use is Google Chrome, your other game Pirate101, Wizard101, WoW but I don't play it anymore so that might be causing it. I'll delete it and see if it changes anything. The other programs I use are Steam, Notepad, bet it's not affecting anything, Roblox, also don't use it, and Mozillia Firefox. So I'll delete the two programs and see if they halps. I also see VISION AMD; what does that mean? Don't know anything and this just started happening this morning so please fix it.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
10
WOW, I see this has been happening to other people besides me. My problems started happening a few months ago. I have Windows 7 and use Google Chrome. I clean my cache regularly, so I didn't think that was the issue. I did have the problem twice this evening. Once when I left Wizard City to go to Avalon, and once when I was in Avalon at the center on my way to Abby Road. It is getting very frustrating. I have been playing Wizard 101 since it first came online.

I will try to keep up what is going on but it still drives me crazy.

Username: Careesa11
(Alura Jade - Life)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
I see I am not the only one that has had this problem. I am still using windowsxp, but I use only IE8 as my web browser. I run defrag and a cleaner at least once a month. I have also checked to make sure that my firewall allows the Client to run.

I have tried Chrome, and Firefox in the past and had too much conflict so those are removed from my computer completely.

I have no idea why the Client stopped working, but for those of you that may not be aware, check your firewall and make sure that the client is allowed to run.

I have noticed at times in the past that if I have been running in the Test Realm, I seem to have more problems in live. I do know that the lag in test and live have both increased quite a bit for me. And that is even after I have shut down some programs that run in the background.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
5
Glad I checked here. The same thing started happening to me and it was after I played in the latest test realm. That particular problem has not happened before. About 6 months ago I was playing and the graphics went crazy. It looked like a 1960's psychedelic dream and there were what looked like Bar Codes where any writing would be. Replaced my graphics card even though there was nothing wrong with just to be on the safe side.

Everything worked well after that until this new problem cropped up. The Graphical Client crashed 4 times in two days. Each time after I had exited the Test Realm and entered the Main Game. Today I got the 1960's psychedelic and bar code problem again. I am now wondering if the two could be related.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
First, your browser has nothing at all to do with this game. The game is a separate program.
Secondly, has anyone here that is having these problem actually contacted support? You need to do that to get things resolved. Posting here will not normally help with this kind of problem.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
RavenLady777 on May 5, 2013 wrote:
First, your browser has nothing at all to do with this game. The game is a separate program.
Secondly, has anyone here that is having these problem actually contacted support? You need to do that to get things resolved. Posting here will not normally help with this kind of problem.
RavenLady, I have had some of the same issues in the past and did contact support. Sorry won't go there.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
DragonLady1818 on May 7, 2013 wrote:
RavenLady, I have had some of the same issues in the past and did contact support. Sorry won't go there.
Yeah I understand that. Support used to actually help. Not so much anymore.

After submitting a request to support today, I was told to uninstall and reinstall the game. Again. It's their "go to" solution now.

The problem is I have no access to the site from which to download the game (I am at work, the issue is at home). They were made aware of this in my email and facebook post. Brilliant 'advice' on their part.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
11
Dude. I am normally professional and polite, but get rid of Steam. It completely destroy my computer's system. I could only do things in Safe Mode, and then the monitor would not even turn on! Seriously, save yourself the grief of needing to get a new computer. Please!

As for your other problem, check your internet connection. Mine used to fluctuate a lot. But weirdly enough, no such problem occurred with me. It could be you set up a firewall or proxy against gaming software requiring internet connections.

Hope this helps! :P

- Jared WinterFlame
Legendary Sorcerer

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
RavenLady777 on May 7, 2013 wrote:
Yeah I understand that. Support used to actually help. Not so much anymore.

After submitting a request to support today, I was told to uninstall and reinstall the game. Again. It's their "go to" solution now.

The problem is I have no access to the site from which to download the game (I am at work, the issue is at home). They were made aware of this in my email and facebook post. Brilliant 'advice' on their part.
You are right, Support used to be very helpful, but somewhere along the line that has changed. More canned responses with no solutions.

I submitted a request a week ago and was told to uninstall and reinstall the game as well. Wish I had not done that. I have had more glitching since reinstalling with a lot of my wizards coming to a complete standstill, getting pulled into a battle when they were clearly in a safe zone, stalling during battles or completely freezing up, severe lag in the Maze game in the Pet Pavilion. Warnings when moving from one location to another "THAT AREAS IS CLOSED RIGHT NOW" more than I have ever had.

I have been seeing several posting on a thread on Central also stating they have been told to unistall and reinstall. Those players are also stating they wish they had not followed that advice.

If players are not able to continue playing with all the lag, freezing, glitching and any number of other issues, they are going to get tired of trying and give up on the game. I have seen conversations in the game from others that have been experiencing a lot of this. Most get to the point they tell their friends they are logging out of the game because of it and will try again another day.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
DragonLady1818 on May 8, 2013 wrote:
You are right, Support used to be very helpful, but somewhere along the line that has changed. More canned responses with no solutions.

I submitted a request a week ago and was told to uninstall and reinstall the game as well. Wish I had not done that. I have had more glitching since reinstalling with a lot of my wizards coming to a complete standstill, getting pulled into a battle when they were clearly in a safe zone, stalling during battles or completely freezing up, severe lag in the Maze game in the Pet Pavilion. Warnings when moving from one location to another "THAT AREAS IS CLOSED RIGHT NOW" more than I have ever had.

I have been seeing several posting on a thread on Central also stating they have been told to unistall and reinstall. Those players are also stating they wish they had not followed that advice.

If players are not able to continue playing with all the lag, freezing, glitching and any number of other issues, they are going to get tired of trying and give up on the game. I have seen conversations in the game from others that have been experiencing a lot of this. Most get to the point they tell their friends they are logging out of the game because of it and will try again another day.
I am so glad I didn't listen to their "advice!" I ended up finding a fix online. Went home and took care of the issue I was having.

I mean, support told me to reinstall over the quest arrow issue we were having. Um. No. Fix it. (Which they thankfully have finally done)

I don't know what happened to the support team, but they need to clean house and start over, imo!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
RavenLady777 on May 8, 2013 wrote:
I am so glad I didn't listen to their "advice!" I ended up finding a fix online. Went home and took care of the issue I was having.

I mean, support told me to reinstall over the quest arrow issue we were having. Um. No. Fix it. (Which they thankfully have finally done)

I don't know what happened to the support team, but they need to clean house and start over, imo!
I wish I had not listened. It would have saved me a lot of problems. Even my friends list in game is a mess now and unless they log in to the game while I am there, their stats card won't even show me their actual wizards or stats. All it shows now is the comical wizard that indicates an underaged player.

House cleaning is needed desperately. Every one I know that is having problems is being given the same advice.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
OK, this is starting to get very frustrating. I am getting more "Cannot Connect to Server" when trying to switch characters, "That Area is Closed Right now, Try Again Later." when trying to enter my house or the bazaar. My wizards are glitching more than they ever have. My friends lists shows me that my friends are underage players.

I have not had these problems in over 2 years and now they are starting up again. I have no un-necessary processes running in the background and no other programs open when playing.

My wizards start to move then suddenly stop for a few seconds.

I just had my internet service checked 2 days ago and it is running at top speed.

I was not having these problems until I was advised to reinstall the game over a badge issue. Even that did not fix itself. I ended up having to start earning that badge all over again.

KI, WHY are these things happening?

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
61
RavenLady777 on May 5, 2013 wrote:
First, your browser has nothing at all to do with this game. The game is a separate program.
Secondly, has anyone here that is having these problem actually contacted support? You need to do that to get things resolved. Posting here will not normally help with this kind of problem.
It may use the same library, so it points to the other library, which your browser is using.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
5
This has been happening to me too :[