Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Graphical Client has stopped

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2009
Ok, so yes this is another rant, but i believe it must be adressed. I was happily playing brisk breeze with some other people, when suddenly the client stopped working. I was upset, but i went back on and wadda ya know? i wasnt logged out! So i was happy until the battle ended, where i couldnt move and couldnt teleport to a friend... so i just had to suck it up and leave... so really all i am asking is that something be done about this, like being able to port to people inside the tower you are in, or to stop the client from happening.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
yellow867 wrote:
Ok, so yes this is another rant, but i believe it must be adressed. I was happily playing brisk breeze with some other people, when suddenly the client stopped working. I was upset, but i went back on and wadda ya know? i wasnt logged out! So i was happy until the battle ended, where i couldnt move and couldnt teleport to a friend... so i just had to suck it up and leave... so really all i am asking is that something be done about this, like being able to port to people inside the tower you are in, or to stop the client from happening.
ok so heres it the same thing happened to me in mostly all the towers and then ya since you cant port to friends if they are in a tower then you have to restart so i think someone should look into that

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
ONCE this problem was only on the test realm but now it has spread to the live realm it gets redicilous ( sry if i spelled it wrong )

hunter legendwraith lvl50 necromancer

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I am also having problems with the Graphical Client. It has "stopped working" several times. I have downloaded the patch and have applied it three times.
This has happened on two different computers, one running XP and one running Vista. Both video drivers are up to date.
On the computer with XP, there have been lots of lags and freezes since the pet update. Too numerous to mention. I have even uninstalled and re-installed the complete game.
Just trying different "work arounds", but it gets frustrating, especially in a tower or dungeon.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
This has happened to me a few times also. Very frustrating. Also my chat keeps freezing up and I have to shut down completely and restart the program.

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
I have a problem like that when I load the game, it loads the first bar then doesn't work. Last week i was able to get on at my friends house but haven't checked since then. When it fails to load it says:

Wizard101 has encountered an error. This should be temporary. Please try again.

But I've tried restarting the computer, and turning off the firewall, but it still doesn't work.

I have now found out that this problem only occurred on my I.D. on my home computer.