Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are subscribers penalized?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
275
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Certain new additions such as Henchmen & Elixirs allow players to shortcut the time it takes to complete tasks in Wizard101, therefore we sell these items only for Crowns as they allow players to complete the game faster.
Players who do not wish to buy Crowns are not penalized and can still complete the tasks and the game in the regular amount of time.

When we introduced mounts, we wanted to make sure they were accessible to players in different ways. Players who choose to spend money in the game can buy mounts with Crowns they've purchased. Players who choose to spend time in the game can buy mounts with Gold they've earned through quests and duels.



In the Test Realm we got to use the Henchman with INGAME gold, not Crowns

I am a Gift Card user.
And I pay
10$ a month, plus the mounts that I have.
I think that the prices for this is absolutley crazy! If the crowns for the Gift cards, like say you have 25$ Gift Card. You get what 13000 Crowns. I don't think that's enough
And what i think is really crazy.
The mount prices!
The Benegal Tiger- 90,000 Gold! What is with this!
If it was 9,000 crowns it would be fine. But 90,000!!!

Survivor
Apr 06, 2009
1
I want to know why Henchmen are lock out for people to buy with crowns

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
132
jediray31 wrote:
I want to know why Henchmen are lock out for people to buy with crowns


Let me answer that with an anecdote, since "as they allow players to complete the game faster" was not clear enough.

I've soloed the Big Ben Dungeon all of twice.

The first time, with my first character, before minions were introduced? It took me about 4.5 hours and getting killed 8 times to get through the thing.

The second time, after henchmen were introduced? I hired one for every 3 on 1 fight, and two at the last level. I got through the whole thing in an hour and a half.

It would have been faster if I hired one for each level, but even with an investment of less than a hundred crowns, it cut the play time in half and then some.

Ergo the whole "spend time or spend money" philosophy.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
43
ertain new additions such as Henchmen & Elixirs allow players to shortcut the time it takes to complete tasks in Wizard101, therefore we sell these items only for Crowns as they allow players to complete the game faster.
Players who do not wish to buy Crowns are not penalized and can still complete the tasks and the game in the regular amount of time.

When we introduced mounts, we wanted to make sure they were accessible to players in different ways. Players who choose to spend money in the game can buy mounts with Crowns they've purchased. Players who choose to spend time in the game can buy mounts with Gold they've earned through quests and duels.



so what subscribers deserve more

Explorer
May 19, 2009
51
first of all let me say this no one cares if you cancel your account. there are millions behind you willing to pay. and you can buy mounts with Gold From Zeke,
they cost 1200 to 2000 i think(gold) they last for 24 hours.you guys need to understand one thing this game is free to play to an extent,in order to keep the game Updated with new features and new worlds. i am not trying to be mean here but understand if you do not like the fact that you have to pay for mounts with Crowns Don't buy them.

Worry about laggy game play rather being so Petty over silly stuff like mounts
and what clothing you wear.Kings isle is doing an excellent job on the features on this game.i swear if you don't make enough money then save 5 or ten bucks
from each paycheck. if you cant afford to pay for crowns and monthly service go ahead and cancel and play Monopoly or twister.or be happy playing with what you can buy for gold.
sorry to sound so rude but you all really sound like a bunch of Children yourself.

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
259
As a player who started just a couple months after the game started I must say I wish the game was back to the olden days, where crowns weren't as big of a deal. Also, all of these weird fancy things there making is ruining the once fun and original game. I haven't played in about 2 months due to that fact that it is now just plain boring...

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
46
SyphaN wrote:
hearty707 wrote:
I pay for two subscribtions and yes I feel that we need to be able to get everything that crown player get. Before the last world came out everyone could get almost everything out there from hats, robes, boots, and pets. There was only a small amount that crowns would get you. Now it is best to be a crown player because everything is for them now. I think that all KI has to do is to make everything to be bought with gold. And i do mean everything not just a small part of the stuff that everyone wants.


IMO; I think Subscribers SHOULD GET FULL access to each world
they compleated, FOREVER, just like the Crowns player who opens up a area
FOR LIFE! never again to pay and can come back in a year and still
play all the areas they opened!!! NOW that would be fair and balanced.
then when all the worlds and areas are opened up you can stop subscribing! (now that would be a good 'comp' for being a subscriber IMO, asp. If KI don't give an allotment of crowns each month or a free broomstick or are the only ones who can buy or use certain things 'in game' which non subscription and free players can not use!)

BTW anyone know just how much real money is spent on opening up a whole world through Crowns playing?







I believe it would take about 60,000 crowns to unlock the game as it is right now...if you go to the subscribe verses crowns page you can add up all the areas and the nuber of crowns it would take to unlock them. (They have all worlds but the new one listed)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
39
I would just like to point out, as it has already been said:

Everything that costs crowns in the shop, IS ENTIRELY OPTIONAL.

You are not required in the least to buy anything in that shop, it's there for convenience.

Although since you can buy most of it in gold, this doesn't matter much.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
11
I think it would be fair for CC subscribers to get a little handful of crowns or something every month.

Those store gift cards come with a pet, and it costs KI something to manufacture those.
Subscribing by CC costs them nothing, as that money is automatically charged and paid every month.

There should be some buyer incentive or perk for the recurring subscribers.

My thoughts on it anyway.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
25
Well personally I think subscribers should get like 2500 crowns a month.
Because I pay 10 dollars a month for subscription its good that you can go to areas that would normally have to pay for,but I mean come on mostly every item you can by on wizard101 is with crows. I hope you understand what I mean.

I am a level 35 myth wizard




GO MYTH!

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
This really reminds me of rome.

It was a GLOURIOUS rpg game.

Now it is at that middle stage where they hired vikings to protect rome.

Subscribers are the vikings keeping KI alive while they are offering more to crown users than the army.

KI whatever you do to this thread

Delete it

Lock it

Edit everything so it looks like were supporting crowns users

Anything KI will know, WE will know KI will fall!

A great game turning into a misrable excuse of a "Multiplayer RPG"

So I feel I am being robbed, or as them youngsters say "Jacked" as a subscriber

(also i am not a old man so dont think that cause of the whole "youngsters" thing)

KI I know you will block this but if you offer their posts to come up, why shouldnt mine?

Also,
Happy Summer Kiddos

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
892
Game subscribers should gain a few perks over the free players. KI does need to show a little more love to those that pay for and support the game,as opposed to those who just play free. Aside from the few extra realms you get,there is little incentive to becoming a subscription member right now. Paying members should have their own worlds with access to content and items that are not attainable except by becoming a subscriber. :)

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
i agree with the post, i play with gift cards and i had to pay 20$ for 10,000 crowns so i can buy a few things from the crown shop, all i wanted was the gold hammer and guardian suit, after i bought the gold hammer, i didnt have enough for guardian suit, so i bought the overlord set, i'm ok with the overlord set, but still, i think crowns are wrong and it should be either f2p (free to play) or subscription, cause i am tired of spending my own money on crowns to get cool stuff.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
AlexNor wrote:
I agree as well. I have been gripeing and sending letters about this since I started playing. Sure we get acess to everything but it does little good. You have to level so much to be able to make cash in this game Its just not worth it to me these days. I am about to the point of stopping my sub because all KI does is wish more and more cash from those who are already the Customer Base for the game.

They could let monthly subs pay the crown price in gold for items but no they wish us to pay more and more.

Check around the net THIS IS THE ONLY game that keeps wanting to milk cash from players who pay monthly.

Until enough people stand up against this it wont change ... KI can use all the excuses it wishes people are not as stupid as they think we are.




exactly i agree

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
84
Most of me agrees with you but i am actually completely confused by the title. Subscribers Penalized??? REALLY?! You get EXCLUSIVE access to places where most wizards cant afford to go because they dont wanna pay the fee to subscribe. One word- Greatful

Also how in the world can you say that Kingsile is greedy!!!!!!!! They made an interactive game for OUR entertaiment. Its not like every single move is for them and only them. They do a lot to keep US PLAYERS satisfied. Not every move is gonna make you happy.

So please choose your words more wisely next time.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
h2ulgsyd wrote:
Most of me agrees with you but i am actually completely confused by the title. Subscribers Penalized??? REALLY?! You get EXCLUSIVE access to places where most wizards cant afford to go because they dont wanna pay the fee to subscribe. One word- Greatful

Also how in the world can you say that Kingsile is greedy!!!!!!!! They made an interactive game for OUR entertaiment. Its not like every single move is for them and only them. They do a lot to keep US PLAYERS satisfied. Not every move is gonna make you happy.

So please choose your words more wisely next time.
Because without buying CROWNS...

Do us subscribers get free henchman? NO

Do us subscribers get free wings? NO

Do us subscribers get free mounts? NO

Do us subscribers have a shop? NO

Do us subscribers get free refils for pet energy? NO

Its obvious by your post you just got a sub. for the areas and PVP and buy crowns for all the luxarys cause you dont understand. :?

Exclusive? For 5$ you can unlock Wizard City for LIFE

For subscribers its like 10-60$ just to lose it all when it becomes overwelming

Also KI please dont block this you are blocking every single post I try to make. So let this message go through and I'd appriate it. 8)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
11
Subscribers pay monthly, and the deduction is automatic. This is not only a convenience to the subscriber, but to KI as well.

You can buy a subscription by CC on the site, a gift certificate or by the store cards.

The store cards come with a pet, which is a good incentive to go that route. Why pay any other way if one method is superior by offering a perk?
It costs the same no matter how you pay for the month.

Those store cards also cost something to manufacture and distribute, so you would think KI would be far more generous with incentives to get those CC recurring subscriptions.

If I can get a pet along with my subscription, I would be a fool to pay any other way. The trip to the store isn't an inconvenience, and most of us do that routinely anyway.

Fair play would be giving a pet or crowns to all subscribers, not only the store card buyers.
It doesn't have to be much, but it does have to be the equivalent. I shop for the best value, not for the sake of convenience.










Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
19
This is SO true. I am a gift card player. I have a grand toatal of 5 gift cards. The first 5 I used them to get crowns, but still, 5000 crowns for 10.00$? Most things in the store that I actually want are more than that. If only i had saved up...
Anyways, for my newest gift card I got about three weeks ago I redeemed it for a membership. I mean, I guess its nice they give us a little bit of free crowns, but I thought I would get a cooler pet ( BTW the Piggle I got from the card gives me nothing so I sold it for 5 gold. Thats right, 5 GOLD)
but nothing but text chat and unlimited acces. KI please change this crowns rule. My point with this is that I cannot buy anything from the shop worth buying, even with a gift card.
-Dylan Blueblood Level 40 Pyromancer

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
939
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Because without buying CROWNS...

Do us subscribers get free henchman? NO

Do us subscribers get free wings? NO

Do us subscribers get free mounts? NO

Do us subscribers have a shop? NO

Do us subscribers get free refils for pet energy? NO


Guess what? Crown players don't get ANY of those items for free either. It cost them real money to buy the crowns that they are spending. And without a subscription, every time they try to go into a new area, they have to pay to access it. Subscribers get full access to every area of the spiral for the life of the subscription. That is exactly what you paid for, so why are you ppl complaining about it? All the extra stuff that is Crowns ONLY is not required to purchase in order to play the game. Heck, half of the stuff has a Gold alternate purchase price. Should Crowns people be reimburse because the item could have been purchased with in-game Gold?

And there is nothing keeping most of the subscriptions from purchasing a small amount of Crowns if they adsolutely have to have a certain item.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
146
Alex and Fred are right. We need more people to join in. I mean my sub ran out a day ago and i had all worlds beat on a few wizards. I didnt have a life wiz so i figured id make one and wow i cant even get past wizard city now unless i either BUY crowns or BUY another sub. If we get through all the worlds on one wizard we should be able to unlock ALL worlds on the account for as long as the account remains active or whatever. Subscribers are the base of all the payments this is just rediculous and please allow this to go through at least then id be happy for something

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
84
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
h2ulgsyd wrote:
Most of me agrees with you but i am actually completely confused by the title. Subscribers Penalized??? REALLY?! You get EXCLUSIVE access to places where most wizards cant afford to go because they dont wanna pay the fee to subscribe. One word- Greatful

Also how in the world can you say that Kingsile is greedy!!!!!!!! They made an interactive game for OUR entertaiment. Its not like every single move is for them and only them. They do a lot to keep US PLAYERS satisfied. Not every move is gonna make you happy.

So please choose your words more wisely next time.
Because without buying CROWNS...

Do us subscribers get free henchman? NO

Do us subscribers get free wings? NO

Do us subscribers get free mounts? NO

Do us subscribers have a shop? NO

Do us subscribers get free refils for pet energy? NO

Its obvious by your post you just got a sub. for the areas and PVP and buy crowns for all the luxarys cause you dont understand. :?

Exclusive? For 5$ you can unlock Wizard City for LIFE

For subscribers its like 10-60$ just to lose it all when it becomes overwelming

Also KI please dont block this you are blocking every single post I try to make. So let this message go through and I'd appriate it. 8)


First off i have been subscribing since the second day i started playing. if you look at the date that i joined you can clearly see that i have subscribed for a very long time.

Second off- Not everything in life is free. Just because you pay for one thing doesnt mean that you can go off and get a million other stuff for free. Other players have to pay for their stuff, so you should too.

And yes, everything that not ALL players can get is "exclusive"

Again life is fair. So far i think wizard101 makers are pretty fair.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
939
0stormbreak0 wrote:
Alex and Fred are right. We need more people to join in. I mean my sub ran out a day ago and i had all worlds beat on a few wizards. I didnt have a life wiz so i figured id make one and wow i cant even get past wizard city now unless i either BUY crowns or BUY another sub. If we get through all the worlds on one wizard we should be able to unlock ALL worlds on the account for as long as the account remains active or whatever. Subscribers are the base of all the payments this is just rediculous and please allow this to go through at least then id be happy for something


When you bought your subscription, it was for a certain length of time. When that time was up, why do you feel you should still have access to the premium areas? You knew exactly how long your subscription was and what was going to happen when it expired.

If you buy a 1-yr subscription to a magazine or newspaper, do you really expect them to continue to send it for the rest of your life? Grow up.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
8
I agree, it seems like every time i decide to go out and by crown, which in't often because my mom makes me earn the money, it seems like i have to turn right around and get more because KI has come out with something new and more expensive that outdates what i was gonna buy.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
15
bourbs wrote:
As a subscriber that is already paying monthly I am absolutely disgusted at the greed of Kingsisle.
All the mounts offered, NOT ONE, NOT ONE, can be purchased with in-game money. EVERY single one wants more money in the way of purchasing crowns.
When does the greed stop? There should be at least ONE offered to subscribers to be bought with in game dollars.
I am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription, I'm so disgusted

Bourbs


I have several mounts and bought all of them with in game gold.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
84
Preacher7719 wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Because without buying CROWNS...

Do us subscribers get free henchman? NO

Do us subscribers get free wings? NO

Do us subscribers get free mounts? NO

Do us subscribers have a shop? NO

Do us subscribers get free refils for pet energy? NO


Guess what? Crown players don't get ANY of those items for free either. It cost them real money to buy the crowns that they are spending. And without a subscription, every time they try to go into a new area, they have to pay to access it. Subscribers get full access to every area of the spiral for the life of the subscription. That is exactly what you paid for, so why are you ppl complaining about it? All the extra stuff that is Crowns ONLY is not required to purchase in order to play the game. Heck, half of the stuff has a Gold alternate purchase price. Should Crowns people be reimburse because the item could have been purchased with in-game Gold?

And there is nothing keeping most of the subscriptions from purchasing a small amount of Crowns if they adsolutely have to have a certain item.


Ahem you share my same view. THANK YOU