Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The chatbox is intrusive!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 03, 2010
When you press enter and the chat box appears, I've found that there's nowhere to put it without it covering something!
At the top, covers enemy health!
At the bottom, covers OUR health!
On the left, covers up drops!
On the right, covers tutorial tips!

Where can I put it?

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
Cody Lighthunter on Jan 12, 2017 wrote:
When you press enter and the chat box appears, I've found that there's nowhere to put it without it covering something!
At the top, covers enemy health!
At the bottom, covers OUR health!
On the left, covers up drops!
On the right, covers tutorial tips!

Where can I put it?

Theres a small square in the bottom right hand corner what can adjust the size making it fit into more places
(click on the tiny box with what appears to be too smaller boxes and drag it to the desired size)

Personally I have mine at the normal size just above the quest pointer

I find the only times its an issue is during battle but I can read peoples text bubbles so I close it, if i miss something i open it during the spell animations

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I just keep it on the left center. It doesn't cover anything. It's transparent and far enough left to just not cover drop icons.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
I put mine right below the Crown Shop Icon on the very left.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
It might just be because of the size of my screen, but it's never covered anything important it it's default spot in my experience.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
If the other tips don't work, you can always press "O" to temporarily close it.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I put it just under the friend box on the right side.

That way it usually doesn't cover anything of value - at least not for very long. But then I have a wide screen.

I would prefer very much if the chat just appeared at bottom of screen without having it in a box but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Explorer
May 25, 2016