Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

text chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
when i was chatting with a friend in dragonspyre right before the whole movie seen with Cyrus in malistaire arguing i lost my text chat can that be fixed it happens when cut sceens happen or when a battle ends and the only way to fix it is to log out

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
its just glitch that should hardly happen. it may quit for a long time if you go to perental controls, turn chat off then back on. it may work.

Administrator
Hello Matthew,

Could you give us some more information to understand the problem please? Are you referring to the chat box where you type disappearing? Or your ability to type certain words in the chat box?

community@wizard101.com
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I think this is a reference to the cinematics sequence. It eliminates all player functions (except jumping and logging out) until all players reach the end of the cutscene.

Seems like what happened is whoever was in the dungeon with Matthew Skullblood would not advance to the end quickly enough, creating a signficant waiting period.

On the occasions that I do Malistaire's dungeon, I always tell my party members to skip to the end, it's a bit discourteous to us all if they leave at that moment to make a sandwich.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Chat only works during cut scenes if you already had the chat window open during the battle. Once a cut scene starts you cannot open chat screens.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
matthew skullblood on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
when i was chatting with a friend in dragonspyre right before the whole movie seen with Cyrus in malistaire arguing i lost my text chat can that be fixed it happens when cut sceens happen or when a battle ends and the only way to fix it is to log out
It always happens to me when my wizard that has text chat tries to talk right as a battle is ending. I feel your pain.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2011
I have a problem with text chat to. I log in and it shows text chat is on and when I'm in battle I can see a clear bubble above my head but text chat won't work but It doesn't say I'm muted. I have a master account connected to it with full open chat is it because I have a master account?