Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells not working?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2020
Hello, i hadnt been on this account and character ( Talon ) in a few months. when i had last played, the school pips thing wasnt a thing yet. i just picked the game back up and suddenly i cant use my Krampus , 2 pips amd apparently now 1 fire school pip, or Grendel's Amends , 3 pips and appparently now 1 myth school pip. these are spells i got from crown shop packs back in probably May or June of 2022. i'll have 5+ pips with a mix of power and regular pips, but they are ALWAYS greyed out. i've tried reading up on school pips but i literally dont get why i suddenly cant use my spells anymore. its kind of unfair to have taken spells away from players and made them inaccessible until Lvl 50 ( currently at 36, so not super far off but still kinda bogus :/ )

idk, just an opinion/rant that spells previously accessible to lower levels shouldnt have been suddenly made inaccessible to them. i get the reason for adding the game mechanic of school pips, but KI could've made the school pips thing not make previously accessible spells inaccessible to players that used those spells frequently :/

hopefully its just a bug they'll work on fixing?

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
The krampus has the same cost, it is just that you must have a certain number of fire school pips on your casting circle before you are allowed to cast it for its normal cost. Some spells require 2 or even 3 of a school pip on your casting circle before you are allowed to cast them.

There is a minimum level at which wizards are allowed to convert pips into school pips. The jewel badger in the shopping district sells some rainbow gems that you can socket to allow low level wizards to be able to make school pips. The jewels are tear shaped and square shaped.

Do you have your deck set to generate fire school pips? You can change which school pip your deck generates from the inventory deck screen. You can also change it during battle on your turn by right clicking somewhere, I forget where.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I apologize, I got part of this wrong.

You only need to pay one fire school pip and then two pips worth of other pips to cast Krampus. The spell still costs 4 total pips, it is just that 2 of those pips must come from a fire school pip. The other two pips can be 2 normal pips, a power pip, or some other school's pip.

(2) = (4) but you gotta have one fire school pip at your feet before you are allowed to cast the spell.