Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
Today in Unicorn Way something happened which made me upset a little bit.

I created a new character, just for fun, I have better characters than this new players but I like to create them for for fun sometimes. Anyways....

I was just doing my own thing, going to get another quest when I came across a high leveled player (around levels 48-50) and he said to my character "Fallon you are a worthless noob who has no friends" I'm not upset about the noob part I'm upset about the worthless part. I understand ever new player doesn't have the strongest spells or equipment, they're new, they can't help it. He then reported me and s box came up that said I was using foul language. I NEVER used foul language around him. I told him to leave me alone. He continued to say "First day, reported, lol" and he said that my face is a "mistake" and no wonder I wear a hood. And then he acted as if I had no voice saying "She just wants friends oh" and things that I just want friends because I have none. After he was done talking about me. He used foul language around MY character and he went off he said a foul word (typed in a different way) and said something about my character being a worthless girl.
I do not remember his name, I just remember he had a Helephant pet.

I do not like the idea of reporting for no reason. I know KI has people reporting each other every second but some of these reports are for no reason. I know I cannot control other players but it hurts. It really does.

Natalie Moonblade,
Jasmine Moonblade, and
Fallon Thunderthief who was reported for no reason.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
195
welcome to life, got reported for turning down a friend invite.
This little girl cried please be my friend for about 30 mins and I kept saying no thanks. At the end of the 30 mins and hearing no thank you she reported me. So tell me which is more frustrating.....

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
24
Fallon - I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you. Someone who does that to you has very low self esteem themselves and picks on other people to make them seem better and more powerful when in fact, they are the "worthless" noob.

Don't let it get to you, which I know is hard to do sometimes. If it ever happens again, tell them to have a nice day, click the ignore button on them and port to a different realm. As a wise person once said, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

Julia SummerDreamer

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
25
ok one time i was in a friends house party and one of them used foul language and they REPORTED me for doeing IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
Thanks guys,
It hurts and I'm glad you made me feel better.

thank you again guys. :)

Natalie Moonblade
Jasmine Moonblade
Fallon Thunderthief (who is all better thanks to you :)

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
320
Dont worry about, Kings isle is a very good company and they dont tolerate any of this garbage that player did to you.

I suggest you start laughing because that guy probably will get banned the next day :)

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
Otys wrote:
Dont worry about, Kings isle is a very good company and they dont tolerate any of this garbage that player did to you.

I suggest you start laughing because that guy probably will get banned the next day :-)


lol i'm laughing right now Otys :-D

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
74
Ok lets not start spewing incorrect information. This person will not be banned. KI investigates and if they feel there is an infraction, they send an email to your account warning you. Its only after a few warnings for the same thing that you will get banned. You can get banned for some very major violations,but what we are talking about here is in no way a banable offense. I disagree with what occurred and hopefully the responsible person got disciplined.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2009
98
DarkStorm824 wrote:
Today in Unicorn Way something happened which made me upset a little bit.

I created a new character, just for fun, I have better characters than this new players but I like to create them for for fun sometimes. Anyways....

I was just doing my own thing, going to get another quest when I came across a high leveled player (around levels 48-50) and he said to my character "Fallon you are a worthless noob who has no friends" I'm not upset about the noob part I'm upset about the worthless part. I understand ever new player doesn't have the strongest spells or equipment, they're new, they can't help it. He then reported me and s box came up that said I was using foul language. I NEVER used foul language around him. I told him to leave me alone. He continued to say "First day, reported, lol" and he said that my face is a "mistake" and no wonder I wear a hood. And then he acted as if I had no voice saying "She just wants friends oh" and things that I just want friends because I have none. After he was done talking about me. He used foul language around MY character and he went off he said a foul word (typed in a different way) and said something about my character being a worthless girl.
I do not remember his name, I just remember he had a Helephant pet.

I do not like the idea of reporting for no reason. I know KI has people reporting each other every second but some of these reports are for no reason. I know I cannot control other players but it hurts. It really does.

Natalie Moonblade,
Jasmine Moonblade, and
Fallon Thunderthief who was reported for no reason.



I wouldn't worry much, when KI mods check the reports they look at the text box. If you didn't say anything harmful then you surely wont get in trouble, the other person will for false reporting and saying harmful things.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
11
Yeah, I really agree with the other posters. Everywhere you go, you're going to get bad apples. Just put him on ignore, then he can yap his fool head off and you're not hearing a thing.
He's not worth your time or distress hon. Don't give someone like that any attention whatsoever and eventually when they're not getting a reaction, they'll go on to someone else.

I myself being level 49 have stepped in a few times when I've seen someone being picked on. Just put em on ignore.

Allura :D

Survivor
May 11, 2009
9
Yea um I'm really not sure banning is right. I mean I don't understand if it's days or if they did it to much froever. Forever is not right at all, they will lose everything. Please answer back KI/W101 and viewers. :?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
19
dont worry about it.
i once was in the arena and was against a guy. he was all like "your never gonna win..." blah blah blah. and i called him a noob ONCE, for using the treasure card of wild bolt against me. (gosh i hate that. but thats a different rant.) i ended up beating him, and then he reported me. COME ON PPL!!!!! :x luckly i did nothing wrong and beat him at the same time. trust me, the people that say that trash are ALL talk.

hope that helps :)

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
8
I think i may know him cause i may have been there with him at the time his name is Adrian Dragonriderand he just got muted for the third time. So its possibly him

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
Magi58 wrote:
I think i may know him cause i may have been there with him at the time his name is Adrian Dragonriderand he just got muted for the third time. So its possibly him


Adrian might be the name of the guy but, I really don't know.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
29
Ok, one time I was on and I saw a level 3 in Unicorn Way. I said would you like to my friend and he said OFCOURSE. Then someone said "Don't be a friend with a noob!" I was really mad then he reported me. It said foul language. What the heck! I did nothing! I, at the time was a subscriber. I was going to report him when I thought that I would do a false report on a false report. :( :( :( :( :(So i went over to him and said " I DON'T CARE!" and he started to use foul language. I finally reported hem and he said it was a false report for what I did. I became a friend with the level 3 and then the bully walked up to him. After a minute the level 3 said "Why did you report me!" He said I was a noob too. I then reported him again. He used foul language again. I said one more time and i would report him again. He finally when away. Then the level 3 said that he would do anything for me. [Why a level 3] Oh well, i told you. Just talk about false reports here.

Ian Stormmask

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
24
I HATE PEOPLE who call others names. Seriously its rude and this is a game meant to relieve stress not influence it. One time this guy called me a noob. He is indeed the real one for calling me that and that i have three grandmasters and he is low leveled. I have seen it a lot in arena. Arena is for fun people not for screaming and cursing. I never use bad language not in arena not anywhere in the game that involves another wizard. Its inhumane. I believe that :P people that do that should be reduced to level one and get forced with menu chat for a week until they learn their lessons. Punishment is meant for those who cant socialize easily.

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
bump

I don't like the idea of reporting for no reason. Especially when the lower leveled person did nothing and the higher level DID do something

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
6
I need some help concerning reporting someone. Here is the situation: I am a mom of a seventeen year old (boy). I realize he is almost an adult but i am still not comfortable with another player who claims to be a college student (girl) in another country giving him her actual e-mail address. She then sent a few messages saying she loved him. At first he was flattered and liked talking to her on the game but after a long discussion he agrees the situation is not comfortable. Maybe I am being too protective but we have had a rather disgusting sex scandel here in our town and I have had the unpleasant discovery of finding that one of the defendents is my patient (I am a dental hygienist). Didn't have a clue! Seemed like a normal married guy. This is also part of what has influenced my son into being uncomfortable now. If mom can't even "see" these people face to face how is he supposed to "see" the bad guys online? So my dilema is this: What if it is really a kid saying they are older? This is a mistake that should be corrected but not banned from the site. What if it is a college kid? Again - bigger mistake and should have a consequence but maybe not banned. What if it is a greasy, old pervert. Then banning isn't enough! I want this site to be safe for everyone and love the safety features. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a "safety class" to teach kids what is ok or not. If someone from the site wants to talk to me about this issue please e-mail me - you have my address.

Thank you
Jakira

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
6
ok Ijust posted about reporting and I have a real problem that I needed help with and don't see the post. Did I do something wrong? Will the moderater please let me know. I also checked my e-mail and nothing was there either.

Thanks
Jakira

Administrator
As you post on the message boards, you may notice a message telling
you that these message boards are moderated. In order to keep this a safe, family friendly environment, we have decided to have fully moderated message boards. What this means is that your posts are not visible until they have been approved by one of our moderators.

Jakira1 wrote:
ok Ijust posted about reporting and I have a real problem that I needed help with and don't see the post. Did I do something wrong? Will the moderater please let me know. I also checked my e-mail and nothing was there either.

Thanks
Jakira


If you would like to contact us directly, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
13
DarkStorm824 wrote:
Today in Unicorn Way something happened which made me upset a little bit.

I created a new character, just for fun, I have better characters than this new players but I like to create them for for fun sometimes. Anyways....

I was just doing my own thing, going to get another quest when I came across a high leveled player (around levels 48-50) and he said to my character "Fallon you are a worthless noob who has no friends" I'm not upset about the noob part I'm upset about the worthless part. I understand ever new player doesn't have the strongest spells or equipment, they're new, they can't help it. He then reported me and s box came up that said I was using foul language. I NEVER used foul language around him. I told him to leave me alone. He continued to say "First day, reported, lol" and he said that my face is a "mistake" and no wonder I wear a hood. And then he acted as if I had no voice saying "She just wants friends oh" and things that I just want friends because I have none. After he was done talking about me. He used foul language around MY character and he went off he said a foul word (typed in a different way) and said something about my character being a worthless girl.
I do not remember his name, I just remember he had a Helephant pet.

I do not like the idea of reporting for no reason. I know KI has people reporting each other every second but some of these reports are for no reason. I know I cannot control other players but it hurts. It really does.

Natalie Moonblade,
Jasmine Moonblade, and
Fallon Thunderthief who was reported for no reason.
aww i am so sorry that happened! i would have done the same thing
but maybe you should have reported him, though. i think that guy must have been really mean i am sorry that happened. i wish you better luck in the future! :D

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
13
PrincessLily wrote:
Fallon - I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you. Someone who does that to you has very low self esteem themselves and picks on other people to make them seem better and more powerful when in fact, they are the "worthless" noob.

Don't let it get to you, which I know is hard to do sometimes. If it ever happens again, tell them to have a nice day, click the ignore button on them and port to a different realm. As a wise person once said, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

Julia SummerDreamer


but some times that is not true in some cases. just press ignore so you cant see what they are saying :)

Survivor
May 11, 2009
9
One more question for reporting. If you false report, don't you think you should get a pop up thing saying " you false reported ." Just so they know?

Survivor
May 23, 2009
1
"Noob" shouldn't even be an acceptable word in their dictionary. When things like your situation happen, I just ignore them and move on.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2010
1
Talk about reporting some guy was suppose to sell me wings for ten treasure cards and when I gave it to him he wouldn't give me them back and i kept telling him and telling him and then he just got off so his name is Dylan JadeRiver and this is dum so please anybody at wizard 101 headquarters please read this message . I'm tired of this...............