Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Redeeming too many codes problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
I was in dire need of gold, I was too lazy to farm, so I decided KIfreegames for codes for some quick cash. However, yesterday, aprox. 10:46 AM, I got a message saying "Oops! You've been redeeming quite a few free games codes haven't you? Please wait a little while before redeeming any more free games codes". I never encountered this, but I decided to wait patiently. At about 6:30 - 6:47, ( 9 hours after I got the message ) I tryed again, however, I still got the message again. Did I not wait long enough? I tryed again the next day ( approx. another 9 hours ) I tryed again, but I still got the message! I am very frustrated about this, I don't know if the timer resets if you try the code again without waiting long enough, or something, but I am getting worried that I will not be able to redeem any more codes ever again. Has this ever happened to you? Thanks for listening

~Maria Petal, Lvl 43 Life

Administrator
You can only redeem a set number of codes per day (24 hours). You must wait 24 hours after you receive that message before you can start redeeming codes again.

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Professor, may I trouble you for a minute and survey a few quick questions if it isn't to much trouble?

How many codes are you allowed to redeem before this message pops up? 20? 25? If not even 35 can it be 40 as a comprimise for those who do tend to play them?

Why was this even placed? Couldnt a "double captcha" idea work to prevent spammers? Or a drop down box for a question.

Thanks!

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
It didn't used to be that way, Prof. Greyrose. In-fact, once-upon-a-time, you could redeem as many as you wanted with NO restrictions what-so-ever. I remember a couple of years back during the Pet Palooza you guys held; which consisted of a ton of Pet Snacks and such you could win just by playing them. So I have to ask. . .

Why the lockdown/limit now? :(

Administrator
This change was implemented in July of 2012.

The malicious use of the KIFreeGames codes by a few individuals have ruined it for everyone. We had to enforce limits on the number of codes that can be redeemed in a day (max is 25 in a 24hour period), as well as the lifetime of an account.

Those limits are subject to change without notice.

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
This change was implemented in July of 2012.

The malicious use of the KIFreeGames codes by a few individuals have ruined it for everyone. We had to enforce limits on the number of codes that can be redeemed in a day (max is 25 in a 24hour period), as well as the lifetime of an account.

Those limits are subject to change without notice.

Darn - Thats when I got addicted to KI free games. LOL.
And a lifetime limit?!?! Sorry. That sounds obnoxious. :/ May I ask why this was placed?

Thanks for the clarification though! :) Its well appreciated!