Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatch for Pack Scam

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
Hello, recently on my death wizard I was looking for a good pet to hatch with. I found someone named Daniel Unicorndreamer who had just the pet I wanted. I offered to hatch and he said he will hatch if I gift three Keeper's Hoard packs onto his ice alt Jason Frostheart. I gave them the packs and we went into the hatching station. He never let me hatch with the pet he agreed to hatch with and offered a bad pet instead, then he immediately unadded me from his friend list and left. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do about it.

Link:

(outside picture link removed as it is against The Rules. ~Dworgyn)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
BalancetaBEST on Jan 22, 2017 wrote:
Hello, recently on my death wizard I was looking for a good pet to hatch with. I found someone named Daniel Unicorndreamer who had just the pet I wanted. I offered to hatch and he said he will hatch if I gift three Keeper's Hoard packs onto his ice alt Jason Frostheart. I gave them the packs and we went into the hatching station. He never let me hatch with the pet he agreed to hatch with and offered a bad pet instead, then he immediately unadded me from his friend list and left. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do about it.

Link:

(outside picture link removed as it is against The Rules. ~Dworgyn)
Don't be so gullible next time my friend.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do. You can possibly try reporting him?
But that would probably be to no avail.

Players will do and say the most silliest things just to get what they want with little regard for feelings of others around them.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
sorry you got scammed; unfortunately you have to beware of strangers asking for money items.
lesson learned the hard way I guess - never gift strangers.

an alternative would be to offer to trade tc over in exchange for a hatch so that they can recoup their gold? that has worked for me.
Good luck on hatching

Explorer
Feb 24, 2015
On a related note, I was in the hatchery a couple days ago and the following took place:

Player A asked Player B if they would hatch with them. Player B told they would hatch only if they gifted a friend of theirs a Ghulture's Hoard pack. I warned Player A, via pm, that it could be a scam and to get the hatch first. Player A then said something, also via pm to Player B about it possibly being a scam. Then Player B spoke up in public chat about how they were not scamming so I responded by saying they should give Player A the hatch first. To which Player B's friend said no way, pack first, reasoning that because Player A was the one who asked for the hatch they should have to "pay" first.

My question is: Is asking for packs or other crown shop items in order to hatch with someone against the rules? Would it be something that should be reported using the reporting system? All replies will be greatly appreciated.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Eliais on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
On a related note, I was in the hatchery a couple days ago and the following took place:

Player A asked Player B if they would hatch with them. Player B told they would hatch only if they gifted a friend of theirs a Ghulture's Hoard pack. I warned Player A, via pm, that it could be a scam and to get the hatch first. Player A then said something, also via pm to Player B about it possibly being a scam. Then Player B spoke up in public chat about how they were not scamming so I responded by saying they should give Player A the hatch first. To which Player B's friend said no way, pack first, reasoning that because Player A was the one who asked for the hatch they should have to "pay" first.

My question is: Is asking for packs or other crown shop items in order to hatch with someone against the rules? Would it be something that should be reported using the reporting system? All replies will be greatly appreciated.
I don't think its against the rules, but I do think its a bad idea to risk it being a scam. Both players benefit from a hatch, both pay the same gold. No one is taking a loss or wasting their time/gold to hatch.
I say, hatch with the ones who are willing to hatch with you without being "paid".

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I never ask for 'payment' when people ask to hatch with me. NEVER.

I question the integrity of those that demand some sort of payment to hatch with their pets. Plus, I find that their pets aren't so great to hatch with anyways. Sometimes I'll jump in and say "I'll hatch with you for free, tell me what you would like".

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Don't fall into any traps like this.

People will trick you. And it's your loss at the end of the day, because you lost money.

The next time anyone asks you to gift them and if you do, they'll do whatever for you. Just say no.
This is becoming very common in the game. Try not to fall for peoples traps.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
Speaking of hatching lol does anyone have a balance armament with double balance damage double resist and may cast infaillable that are willing to hatch with me? If so just let me know

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
A lesson I have for you, is to not make deals with anybody on this game ever. If you give something to them, they don't have to give anything back to you. It's really rude if they do, but it's not against the rules.