Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not quite an impersonation?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I am aware that impersonating KI staff or admin is a reportable and bannable offense, but more and more lately I see people claiming their uncle/father/mother/cousin/friend's dad/pet hamster/ etc is admin or creator or whatever and threatening to mute or ban players if they do not give gifts, are in an argument, won't give cards, personal info etc, etc.

I know a few of those are report offenses alone, but my question is:
Does claiming that a friend or relative is admin and using it as a threat count as impersonating admin, and if so is it reportable in the same fashion as an impersonation?

Administrator
Yes. Impersonating a KingsIsle Employee or their family is a bannable offense. We do not tolerate this behavior.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Goldacorns wrote:
I am aware that impersonating KI staff or admin is a reportable and bannable offense, but more and more lately I see people claiming their uncle/father/mother/cousin/friend's dad/pet hamster/ etc is admin or creator or whatever and threatening to mute or ban players if they do not give gifts, are in an argument, won't give cards, personal info etc, etc.

Does claiming that a friend or relative is admin and using it as a threat count as impersonating admin, and if so is it reportable in the same fashion as an impersonation?

I had this problem too, this one lvl 15 noob ACTUALLY said he was the creator of w101 -_-" He then threatened to ban me for life unless I gave him as many crown items as I could give him. After a while of arguing, my friend and I caught him in a bold faced lie. He then proceeded to start screaming in caps that he was just a 5 year old kid and he didnt even know what a lie was -_-" Some people just dont know when to quit. Then he pretended to "get his older bro to talk to us through his char" Then we got lectured for "bullying an innocent little kid" And then he said that to make it up to him we should buy him a mount. We told him to get a life and then we teleported away. There really should be an auto report because I personally think these people are just trying to take advantage of younger children who dont know better and will give into the fear opressed onto them by these scammers.

Fiona Starcatcher.
Grandmaster Necromancer.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i see this ALL the time
its more popular on crowded realms and areas
just report thema nd move onw ith your day its as easy as that
they get suspended or muted and ur none the wiser
as they say ignorance is bliss

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Someone said to my son that he was the creator's son and when they got into a fight the kiddo then told my son he was going to ruin his account. For some strange reason, my son's account was said to have been logged on saying all sorts of horrible words when my son wasn't even on the computer that day. Is it possible that someone (not the creator's son I'm sure) is saying these things and hacking into the system somehow.

My email account for this game is now receiving all sorts of vulgar spam too. It's so difficult to defend ourselves when KI is saying it's us....ugh. I'm not mad at KI, I know that they can only do so much to find out the truth...but I'm frustrated at people who are able to hack into systems to ruin a 13 year old's account. Anyone have this problem? Just asking because we are confused.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
one time, i was on my balance in shopping district, and there was this guy, i started talking to him and he told me he was a moderator(wheres the badge), i reported him and he ported to his dorm, he was really freaked out about it, i told that i reported him and told him what he did, impersonating kingsisle mod, he ask who is kingsisle, i left later on.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
camowiz wrote:
Goldacorns wrote:

I had this problem too, this one lvl 15 noob ACTUALLY said he was the creator of w101 -_-" He then threatened to ban me for life unless I gave him as many crown items as I could give him. After a while of arguing, my friend and I caught him in a bold faced lie. He then proceeded to start screaming in caps that he was just a 5 year old kid and he didnt even know Iwhat a lie was -_-" Some people just dont know when to quit. Then he pretended to "get his older bro to talk to us through his char" Then we got lectured for "bullying an innocent little kid" And then he said that to make it up to him we should buy him a mount. We told him to get a life and then we teleported away. There really should be an auto report because I personally think these people are just trying to take advantage of younger children who dont know better and will give into the fear opressed onto them by these scammers.

Fiona Starcatcher.
Grandmaster Necromancer.
I think I saw that unfold and afterwords he tried to scam me. and yea he seemed to be a 5 year old.If he was the creater of wiz101 why would he need other people to get that stuff for him. when he realized he had been caught he ported out right away so I didnt get his name. and I forgot I could find peoples names and report them if they said anything. Ive also seen most likely little kids falling for the scam I think that creater of wizard101 should be banned from the word list.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Lol I see this all over W101. Everybody wants something for nothing. If it isn't some noob spamming you to join there group because of you being a high level, or them spamming to be your friend, they are bugging you to gift them a mount constantly instead.

It got so bad that I had to turn all chat settings off. "Gift me a mount!" are you blanking serious!? you think I am gonna spend my hard earned money on some complete stranger, and buy a mount for them? ROFLMAO imagine that. keep dreaming. How bout go bug your mom, Dad, aunt, Uncle. cousins, girlfriend, boyfriend, brother, sister, etc to buy you a game card so you can get the crowns for the mount, Don't bug me lol.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Goldacorns wrote:

I change my password often so it helps a lot for me

Historian
May 15, 2009
darthadden wrote:
Someone said to my son that he was the creator's son and when they got into a fight the kiddo then told my son he was going to ruin his account. For some strange reason, my son's account was said to have been logged on saying all sorts of horrible words when my son wasn't even on the computer that day. Is it possible that someone (not the creator's son I'm sure) is saying these things and hacking into the system somehow.

My email account for this game is now receiving all sorts of vulgar spam too. It's so difficult to defend ourselves when KI is saying it's us....ugh. I'm not mad at KI, I know that they can only do so much to find out the truth...but I'm frustrated at people who are able to hack into systems to ruin a 13 year old's account. Anyone have this problem? Just asking because we are confused.

some hacks can leave behind a few clues to the hacker.
if you alert cyber police they can track your account. if it is being accessed somewhere from outside your area i believe they can trace it.
hacking is a serious offense to real life as it is in the game

Survivor
May 07, 2010
I am glad this was brought to the attention of Prof. Greyrose, because it is as bad as somebody impersonating someone in real life. The act of doing that, can put the person in more danger (not physicaly) than they expect. Thank you Prof. Greyrose, for answering this very important question.

Sincerly,
Tiffany Emeraldstone

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
glade8er wrote:
camowiz wrote:
Goldacorns wrote:

I had this problem too, this one lvl 15 noob ACTUALLY said he was the creator of w101 -_-" He then threatened to ban me for life unless I gave him as many crown items as I could give him. After a while of arguing, my friend and I caught him in a bold faced lie. He then proceeded to start screaming in caps that he was just a 5 year old kid and he didnt even know Iwhat a lie was -_-" Some people just dont know when to quit. Then he pretended to "get his older bro to talk to us through his char" Then we got lectured for "bullying an innocent little kid" And then he said that to make it up to him we should buy him a mount. We told him to get a life and then we teleported away. There really should be an auto report because I personally think these people are just trying to take advantage of younger children who dont know better and will give into the fear opressed onto them by these scammers.

Fiona Starcatcher.
Grandmaster Necromancer.
I think I saw that unfold and afterwords he tried to scam me. and yea he seemed to be a 5 year old.If he was the creater of wiz101 why would he need other people to get that stuff for him. when he realized he had been caught he ported out right away so I didnt get his name. and I forgot I could find peoples names and report them if they said anything. Ive also seen most likely little kids falling for the scam I think that creater of wizard101 should be banned from the word list.

the five year old needs to learn how impersonating can get his account banned luckily i was never threatened by an impersonater

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Yes. Impersonating a KingsIsle Employee or their family is a bannable offense. We do not tolerate this behavior.

professor, why dont you take the phrase ''i am (i'm) a kingsisle employee, OFF?well, you cant really say employee but you can say EMPLOY but then if you smart enough you can tell that a kingsisle would have open chat, and be able to say words not allowed to be said,(UNLESS you are a open chatter)
or just make the KI emplyees keep their badge on at all times

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
advtech wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:

professor, why dont you take the phrase ''i am (i'm) a kingsisle employee, OFF?well, you cant really say employee but you can say EMPLOY but then if you smart enough you can tell that a kingsisle would have open chat, and be able to say words not allowed to be said,(UNLESS you are a open chatter)
or just make the KI emplyees keep their badge on at all times

I have never seen a Kingsisle MOD or any other badges pertaining to an employee. But I have been bugged ALL about gifting mounts or treasure cards, etc. It's the teens who are out there harrassing hard working wizards for mounts and what ever else they want. I was farming in MS for Black lotus and a guy( with open chat) tells me that I am in his spot!!!!
Show me the DEED DUDE! We all just want to have fun with out the harrasing comments and rude gestures. I got falsly reported by that guy who thought that spot belonged to him, so I reported him for a false report. People!!! Kingsisle monitors all chats to see who's saying what. I just don 't get how stupid some can be.
My words of advice?
Port away from the harrassment, report them when you have good reason. You can open your chat box, right click on the name and report them. They do't have to be right in front of you to do so.
Beware Harrassers!!!! We Good Wizards are WATCHING YOU!!!!

Survivor
May 09, 2010
personally i've never come across it and i've been playing more than a year. sounds serious though