Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kapudan's grappling hook / gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2014
I still find that is unfair to have unattainable stats for people weren't able to get the grappling hook in time. Also people unaware of the scenario are still buying the pack expecting to get death damage from the wand because people see the death damage on the wand. Making the death damage a one time thing doesn't completely solve the problem that this pack has created. (Just a suggestion if possible, Make the death damage a permanent stat on the wand and gear) ( that will 100% solve the problem the error created.)

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
The problem I see is a bug got fixed and all people want is max DPS that will probably be null when the next dungeon/pack set comes out, seriously you guys don't need to do an extra 20k damage with your 100k critical on bosses with less than 50k health. The Death damage was BUGGED, they said repeatedly that it was not an intended stat, they made an exception for the people that already bought it when it was bugged and they probably wont again.

Survivor
May 07, 2014
The kapudans grappling hook creates an extreme stat unbalance in the pvp community. The fact that it is impossible for me and other death wizards without wand to achieve the same stats as the people with the wand Makes is extremely unfair in pvp. How you gone not allow the rest of the deaths out there to achieve 155 damage 50 pierce with high crit. I find this completely ridiculous and completely agree with redstonemc101, make the death damage a permanent stat will fix the problem.

Survivor
May 01, 2013
I purchased a couple packs the other day and got the Admirals Boarding Hook and the Kapudans Grappling Hook. Was very happy until I noticed that the Grappling Hook is for a Lvl 100 wizard. I am lvl 130. The Boarding Hook however is for a lvl 130 as it should be. Why on earth did I get a lvl 100 wand from opening a pack? A new pack that does indeed contain a lvl 130 version. I am not happy about this at all. Anyone else notice this issue?

Administrator
lalabugu on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
I purchased a couple packs the other day and got the Admirals Boarding Hook and the Kapudans Grappling Hook. Was very happy until I noticed that the Grappling Hook is for a Lvl 100 wizard. I am lvl 130. The Boarding Hook however is for a lvl 130 as it should be. Why on earth did I get a lvl 100 wand from opening a pack? A new pack that does indeed contain a lvl 130 version. I am not happy about this at all. Anyone else notice this issue?
Did the level 100 hook come from the gauntlet or the packs?

Survivor
May 01, 2013
After re-reading what I posted it didn’t come out right. My ultimate point was that there still is a bug with the drops of the wand in Sinbad. I ran it with two other 130 wizards and it finally dropped. But it dropped a level 100 wand instead of my 130 max wand it should have. When I reported this to KI you know what they told me... we are unable to verify. So they did and will do nothing to make it right either way. I even had proof that we were all in fact level 130 by giving the names of the people I ran it with. One a friend for over 4 years and the other now friend that added me during our one single run of the gauntlet that night. So his friend added date is the same date that KI even confirmed that the wand dropped. You know good and well they can see who added me and at what time. Right before the wand dropped. Yet it unverifiable. I think it’s bogus. I’m not happy with the way this was handled all the way around and the end results of it all

Survivor
Jun 10, 2016
RedStoneMC101 on Oct 14, 2019 wrote:
I still find that is unfair to have unattainable stats for people weren't able to get the grappling hook in time. Also people unaware of the scenario are still buying the pack expecting to get death damage from the wand because people see the death damage on the wand. Making the death damage a one time thing doesn't completely solve the problem that this pack has created. (Just a suggestion if possible, Make the death damage a permanent stat on the wand and gear) ( that will 100% solve the problem the error created.)
Yea we need that wand too as death wizards and also balance and life..its sad because I still use the Witch Hunters wand which its very good but the ones from Sinbad much better...I hope from the next pack a good wand for death life and balance too.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2016
Vanessashade on Oct 24, 2019 wrote:
The kapudans grappling hook creates an extreme stat unbalance in the pvp community. The fact that it is impossible for me and other death wizards without wand to achieve the same stats as the people with the wand Makes is extremely unfair in pvp. How you gone not allow the rest of the deaths out there to achieve 155 damage 50 pierce with high crit. I find this completely ridiculous and completely agree with redstonemc101, make the death damage a permanent stat will fix the problem.
Yea lol and we need that damage too all death wizards life and balances...lets hope from the next pack a pleasant surprise for us too.