Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game not loading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2015
We (my 3 kids and I, all on separate accounts) have also been try to play all day. We have finally been able to log in this evening but once we select our character we receive an error message saying "Cannot connect to server".

It doesn't matter which account or character we select, the message is the same

Survivor
Aug 07, 2017
Dworgyn on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
We're back online! We will continue to monitor the issues from earlier, but for now, please log in and enjoy Wizard101.
3:12am.

"Back" is relative. lol.

Thanks for getting us up-n-running, however changing areas is triggering an <Area is closed> error and returns you to where you were, however trying a second time -usually- changes the location... at least for Dorm, Krockatoa, and Wizard City so far.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2016
I am still unable to enter in game, Logged in successfully until character menu but when click on "Play" button it says "entering game.." and after few seconds a dialogue box says "failed to connect to servers" and options "ok" and "quit" and when click ok it takes me to character screen and same thing again and again.

Anyone else having same issue still?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
I haven't been able to join the game. I get as far as the character page and click play and an error message pops up that server is unavailable.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
I just launched the game, but after selecting a wizard and pressing 'Play' I keep getting the message 'Failed to connect to server'. Time and again. I have not yet been able to enter the game, after many tries.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
We're back online! We will continue to monitor the issues from earlier, but for now, please log in and enjoy Wizard101.
Game still not work here. I deinstall and try to reinstall and i always got the massage unable to find wizard101 patch client.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Nope, sorry to say it is still not working. I get to the login screen and everything runs ok to the point where I get to the character screen. I choose my character, and then it goes to the connecting window, where it hangs for about a minute, and finally fails with the message:

"Cannot connect to the server"

Only options at this point are OK and QUIT. OK brings you back to the character choice screen, where if you try again, you still cannot get to server. Quit of course, quits you out of the game. Looks like there is still a problem somewhere. I don't have any problems getting to other internet sites, so its does not appear to be a DNS or other network or firewall isssue on my side. So far, been locked out of the game for almost 18 hours. Hope you can fix this soon. Thanks for your efforts so far.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2016
My game is not loading, It goes into the select player page,and then I chose one of my wizards, then it takes forever to load , and then I get unable to connect to server.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
That's awesome! it is nice to be able to actually get to the character screen. :) but i personally am unable to actually get in game on one of my wizards. i guess there's still a few glitchs? or is it that there are so many people online or logging in that i can't fully connect to the server. which is message that pops up when i try to enter the game on a wizard and it sits on the loading page for about a minute. I just wanted to update KI on a possible situation the other's might be in. thank you all for all your hard work. I greatly appreciate it.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Um so I tried to log in to both p101 and w101 but neither works. I can get onto the character select screen but then when i select a character it says failed to connect to server. I clear am connected to the internet as im on google and can watch youtube/stream from spotify etc...

Bit strange are you guys doing more maintenance? or is it just me?

Survivor
Jul 12, 2016
My game downloads but when I go to enter the game I get a message saying failed to connect to server, is this still an issue with kingisle? Because I have never had this problem before

Survivor
Jun 24, 2017
I'm still getting the "Failed to connect to server!" message.
It's been 24 hours now.
It's not fixed for me.

Survivor
May 11, 2012
the game is stuck on the loading screen, it says "failed to connect to server".

Survivor
May 11, 2012
Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
you said your game is back online but when i log in and select my character it says cannot connect to servers and my internet has nothing to do with it

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Well, I can log in and get to the character selection screen, but I can't get into a server/realm with any character.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
Unfortunately, I am still unable to log in. I can now progress to the screen where I choose a character, but it fails to find a server. This is posted at 6:53pm, Australian EST. Thanks for all the work fixing this :)

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
no its not it keeps saying failed to connect to servers

Survivor
Feb 14, 2016
after last update for wizard 101

the game is unable to work i don't know why ?

i tried with 2 computers and also i change the network by still the problem when i log in my account it said

Filled to connect to wizard 101 ..

i deleted the game same problem .

what i should to do ??

Survivor
Feb 14, 2016
when i select my character it said filled to connect wizard 101 :(

is this problem will take a lot of time to fix it !!?

Survivor
Aug 18, 2017
Still won't load into server. Can get to character screen but no further. When will the game be fixed properly?

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
it still is not working yes i can login with password and it loads to where you pick which wizard to use but it still will not enter the game

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
Survivor
Jun 04, 2011