Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game freezes and crashes in pvp

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Hey kingsisle, Id like to let you guys know of a bug that has been really annoying recently. As the title says there is this weird bug that happens in combat, I have noticed it in pvp, it makes your computer screen freeze and no sounds apart from the combat music are playing. the screen is frozen and you can't pick a card or do anything besides move your mouse. This glitch also makes you unable to exit wizard101 without completely shutting down the computer and restarting it. This glitch has happened to me more then once, and also I have talked to some of my friends about it and they say it happens to them as well. Its really annoying and has made me lose important battles. If you guys could please look into it and try and fix it that would be great!

PS- I have noticed it happens after you pick a card and click on the target, the game freezes right there once you have picked a card.

Thanks!

Fred

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
I would like to second this report. Happened last night to me for the first time ever. I just logged on as a new user and logged back into game. Naturally I was dead by then, but it had never happened before last night.
I can't say the sequence of events for sure, but I believe I was looking for a TC and then tried to activate it.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2017
Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
This has happened to me countless times in the past months. Moreover it seems to affect multiple players in the same arena/zone, even disconnecting entire teams at times. This has become a massive annoyance for some PvPers, a friend and I've been constantly accused of "cheating" to lead our opponents to crash and thus win the match.

In truth we also crash this same way very often, we both have contacted Costumer Support and found no helpful assistance. My friend were asked information and ultimately told they'd need more reports to figure it out. I was asked for details on my internet connection and was told I was experiencing "lag"... I checked with several friends and asked for similar tests on their speed connection, even those pvpers with much faster internet have experienced this issue.

KingsIsle really need to look into this. Not only have I lost matches due to this bug, but I have also been labeled a cheater using third-party programs! Many people has been hit by this bug, and a number of active PvPers became targets of bullying due to the problem's repeated occurrence.

~R

Survivor
Apr 11, 2014
Is your computer a old computer or a pass me down? it maybe the reason or it's because you don't have much space on your computer which will lead to any lag or freezing, i'v never had anything like this but with all the games i'v played, i think that lack of space or just a old computer maybe the problem. i hope this was helpful to you!

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
I can post to that old computer.
Dual Xeon
16 gig ram
SSD Hard drive with over 300gig free
2 Gig Video board
400 Meg Internet connection
1 gig to all ports in house, Cat5 cable
Cisco Switch - 24 port

I saw no memory issues or CPU issues when it happened (I have a monitor for both built into my keyboard) and I could do task switching instantly.

Once out of W101 and logged in as new user, computer showed no signs of slowness.

Oh, and anti-virus told to ignore all W101 programs and directories.

This has only happened to me in PvP. I have not seen it at all in Pet, plants or questing.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Ravino Nightingale on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
This has happened to me countless times in the past months. Moreover it seems to affect multiple players in the same arena/zone, even disconnecting entire teams at times. This has become a massive annoyance for some PvPers, a friend and I've been constantly accused of "cheating" to lead our opponents to crash and thus win the match.

In truth we also crash this same way very often, we both have contacted Costumer Support and found no helpful assistance. My friend were asked information and ultimately told they'd need more reports to figure it out. I was asked for details on my internet connection and was told I was experiencing "lag"... I checked with several friends and asked for similar tests on their speed connection, even those pvpers with much faster internet have experienced this issue.

KingsIsle really need to look into this. Not only have I lost matches due to this bug, but I have also been labeled a cheater using third-party programs! Many people has been hit by this bug, and a number of active PvPers became targets of bullying due to the problem's repeated occurrence.

~R
Yea it seems to happen to the people on the team sometimes too, I did a quick match 2v2 and my team mate and I both crashed. He didnt log back in so i had to finish the tourney my self. He later told me he crashed as well. I was talking to one of my friends and he said it seemed like one team would crash together. So this can't be a computer or internet problem if both team members are crashing. I also crashed while watching a friends pvp match, he said also crashed as well.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
TheWinterMole on Feb 25, 2018 wrote:
Is your computer a old computer or a pass me down? it maybe the reason or it's because you don't have much space on your computer which will lead to any lag or freezing, i'v never had anything like this but with all the games i'v played, i think that lack of space or just a old computer maybe the problem. i hope this was helpful to you!
I dont think that is the problem because a lot of people seem to be experiencing this problem.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2013
I too have experienced this bug on many occasions, sent KingsIsle a couple emails regarding it but they stopped responding. It initially didn't happen so frequently but it's definitely started happening more and more often. Happens almost every Tournament that I do now. People report me and say I deliberately crash their game to win, which isn't true. I really hope KI can look into this matter as it's a serious bug that needs fixing.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
It just happened to my friend, also I saw it happen on a live stream. It seems to only be in pvp. I'm probably not going to do ranked pvp on my main character untell this gets fixed, its really frustrating when you are winning a tough battle that you have put a lot of work into only to crash when you are about to kill.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
Happened again last night on my Ice. No TC pull or anything. I was doing a wand hit, selected the card, clicked on the other person and boom, it just locked.
I had to log in as a different user to get the game to rest so I could log in, but by then it was too late :(

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Saw it happen again in a live stream, right after the planning phase timer finished counting down and both had picked a spell, it froze. It seems to happen right when you pick a card like when the battle changes from your card selection to the normal battle when spells are being cast. So right after the planning phase.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
happened twice to me yesterday. running the game on a mac. had to restart the computer in order to run the game again.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
this happen again and two of my friends told me it happened to them as well. Please give this a high priority KI.