Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Fizzle Rounds"

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
In the beginning of July, W101 was shut down for a few hours to fix some things and after that I started getting a thing I call "Fizzle Rounds".
It's when whatever or whoever in the battle circle all fizzle in the same round. Usually the fizzles can get categorized:

-All on one side
-All spells from a specific school
-All in the battle circle

I usually quest alone, so the number of creatures in the battle circle can get up to 4 (me vs 3 creatures). Once I was fighting 3 Life creatures (and Life usually has 90% accuracy) and on one of the "Fizzle Rounds" all those creatures and I fizzled on the same round! Like, what are the odds? And that happens all the time! Sometimes all Myth spells that all my 3 enemies cast fizzle but my Storm spell doesn't, sometimes only my allies and I fizzle, and sometimes everybody but one fizzle at random with no pattern. That didn't happen before so I'm interested if that's how it's supposed to be or if that's a really weird bug.

Sincerely,
Alexandria Dreamcatcher,

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Hmm.. Interesting phenomenon, do these 'fizzle rounds' tend to happen a lot? Because what you are describing used to happen to me, but it doesn't anymore because I have 45% accuracy, so my Storm Accuracy is 115%.

Anyway, the chances for 3 life spells to fizzle in a row is a 1/1000 chance

Michael StormFist
Level 100 Exalted