Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Extremely Low FPS on a decent PC?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
Hi,

I currently use a new Windows 10 PC with a Radeon R9 390 Graphics card to play Wizard101 (16GB RAM and i5 core).

Whenever I open the game and play it, the frame rate (in or out of battle) is extremely low, but not in terms of latency (its hard to explain). I have tried changing all the options, even the sound, but could not avail.

I have found 2 temporary fixes, one is to lower the resolution to minimum (but what's the point on a PC like this?). The other fix I found (which lets me play on any settings without the massive FPS drops) is strange, it requires me to record the gameplay with an application linked to my graphics card called 'AMD Gaming Evolved', which is basically a control centre for my graphics card.

I am certain that my graphics card is the one running the game, not my Intel one and cannot figure out why I get such low FPS if I open the game without the recording app (I have tried running the game with nothing else running but did not change anything).

Thanks!

Administrator
Hello,

If you send an email to support@wizard101.com, they may have some tips to help you with this issue.

community@wizard101.com