Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does Ambrose have dementia?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2013
It has become clear that Professor Ambrose often calls you for no apparent reason. No quest, nothing. Can this be fixed? I know it has disappointed many wizards hoping for a quest or spell.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
I think he does.

Or it's an infamous glitch. I've been playing this since Dragonspyre was the last world, and I've had two characters. It's been happening for a while now. It really should be fixed.

For anyone who doesn't know this glitch, it goes almost like this:

Merle's pop up thing appears
You go to his office
He has nothing for you.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
This same thing happens to me! I thought it was just my computer, but i guess everyone has this glitch!

Ambrose: Young wizard, come to my office at once! I have something for you!
Me: Ooh, new world or spell or something!
Ambrose: Keep on searching. We must learn all that we can about malistaire's plans!
Me:

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Lolz the famous Merle Ambrose likes calling you glitch.
Dont worry he is just making sure your keeping to your studies
Ignore and keep doing what you were doing.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
Dementia. Nice one . I've got the same problem too. Shouldn't this have been fixed a long time ago? It seems like this has been a problem for at least a year.......

Survivor
May 22, 2013
I purposely came looking for a topic on this because it just happened to me. Glad I'm not the only one, but at the same time I'm really disappointed he didn't have anything for me. I can't move on in certain worlds because I'm not at the right level, and I've done most of the quests in the others. So when it popped up I was like great something to do. But no.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Answer, Answer!;
if you are on a new computer/ one you haven't been on in a long time/one you never played on before,
Ambrose is just 'keeping up.'

Otherwise, it's a glitch.