Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did not collect _ from _, try again

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Every time I attempt to collect an item from a monster after defeating it, this message pops up and I can't complete my quest.
Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
Normally on quests like this, you have to fight A LOT of enemies until it finally gives you the item. I do not think it is a glitch, but the amount of times you need to do it should be shortened. I've had to fight 10 enemies until I got the item. Just keep working at it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wrarenth on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Every time I attempt to collect an item from a monster after defeating it, this message pops up and I can't complete my quest.
Any help?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, this is par for the course~ you just have to keep trying until you collect the items you need.

(and don't hold your breath for ki to fix it; it only gets worse as you level).

-von

Survivor
May 19, 2012
You just have to keep fighting. Sometimes it feels like forever

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
wrarenth on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Any help?

Thanks in advance.
what I've found that helps is to talk to everybody you can BEFORE doing the "kill and collect" quests. I've said it before, but I was able to do 4 or 5 of these quests at the same time in Zafaria and it DRASTICALLY lowered my combat time. Think of it this way, if each quest takes 5 battles individually, and you have 4 quests, that's 20 battles. The other way is, you have 4 quests all having you kill the same thing, and so you're fulfilling those quests simultaneously as opposed to consecutively.

Keep in mind this wont ALWAYS work out like this, but many times you can kill 2 quests at the same time, even in upper worlds

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
Oh wow,
I was so used to getting items the first time I defeated a monster when I was lower leveled XD
Thanks for the answers :P

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Dr Von on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
Unfortunately, this is par for the course~ you just have to keep trying until you collect the items you need.

(and don't hold your breath for ki to fix it; it only gets worse as you level).

-von
maybe if we all hold our breath kingsisle will fix it defeat and collect should be like boss defeat collect in all of them it should drop first fight. if multiple one should drop for every one of them in there. fighting a mob anywhere from 8-20 times is boring and chasers off costumers

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
IT does get pretty annoying. In Avalon i had to kill some 30+ Death Seraphs just to collect 4 items. So that took an extra hour out of playing.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Those are the infamous quest that KI put in. You have to defeat an enemy 1-5 times to get ONE item, if your lucky. D:

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 48

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Isaac Jade on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
IT does get pretty annoying. In Avalon i had to kill some 30+ Death Seraphs just to collect 4 items. So that took an extra hour out of playing.
Isaac, I feel your pain. I once spent almost 2 hours smashing those scissory things in Azteca for 4 items~ since KI had increased the drop rate before the supposed "nerf", my theory is that they raised it again afterward to make up for the decreased difficulty. Either way, it's a fun-sucking waste of time.

@critical blizzard~ if we all hold our collective breath long enough and pass out, they may do something.

must. not... breathe...

-v.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
critical blizzard on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
maybe if we all hold our breath kingsisle will fix it defeat and collect should be like boss defeat collect in all of them it should drop first fight. if multiple one should drop for every one of them in there. fighting a mob anywhere from 8-20 times is boring and chasers off costumers
It doesn't chase off customers, it just frustrates some because some get unlucky. If everyone got every drop they wanted in every battle it would be a pretty boring game and it would chase off ALL customers. No one wants to play a game that instantly rewards everyone. You'd get bored and quit playing all the much sooner.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
to make collect quests easier ask friends or people who have the same quest as you to help you and it will be done twice as fast if you have one other person helping.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
seethe42 on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
It doesn't chase off customers, it just frustrates some because some get unlucky. If everyone got every drop they wanted in every battle it would be a pretty boring game and it would chase off ALL customers. No one wants to play a game that instantly rewards everyone. You'd get bored and quit playing all the much sooner.
you are confusing quest drops with gear drops

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
critical blizzard on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
you are confusing quest drops with gear drops
No I'm not, but it's really not much different. Finishing the game in a short amount of time with no effort required doesn't help the game retain players. Players need something to try for. There are plenty of quests that just say "go kill x amount of y creatures". I agree the Collect quests can be frustrating, but they also keep game play suitably delayed to keep interest in a goal. There aren't many of them after Zafaria because they listened and they also made them drop easier already.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Correct me if I"m wrong...
If we got our drops from these defeat and collect quests on the first try...
Wouldn't they just be defeat quests???

Personally, I get frustrated when I collect on the first go,a dn I see my wife, or best friend sitting there for hours trying and getting no where. I agree it's not very fun to jump into the battle, for hours after you collect to add 1 more enemy for a bonus chance for your partner to collect....

That being said, if it didn't happen this way, as Seethe said, the game woudl end a little too quick...

There's alot of different types of questing offered. it's what keeps the game interesting.

This is why I play 5 different wizards.
When I get frustrated with one, I switch to another, or log in my second account and quest 2 together to get a break.