Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
in sunken city in the first tower the wailing wraith says what?You've come to steal our book sister lets give this wizard a lesson
it should be sister's

Tristan Dawnmask and remember

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
The level 55 spell quest using the quest finder says "Talk to Baldur Goldpaws in Northguard" but should read "in Olde Town".

Explorer
May 17, 2010
Hope I'm not stating a duplicate and I don't think this was intentional:
during the quest to get scarecrow, Dworgyn says, " ... To tell you know would be premature." The proper spelling of that would be "now" not "know" If it was intentional, I guess the pun wasn't so clear to me.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
I have encountered that in the last sentence of Tobias Splitsky before he gives the quest "THE WORLD IS CLOSING IN" which was "Talk to Sabra, for I think she has worked out a new plan", he didn't say the word "for".
- Adrian Deathwraith 93

Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
I found another error with the dialogue of Eoin Gentlewind standing at Last Wod in the world of Khrysalis. Before claiming his first quest entitled "HAT TRICK", his very first sentences are written: "You're the great and powerful Spellbinder, aren't you? The Burrows here have many good things to say about you." But when hearing him say it, it's: "You're the great and powerful Spellbinder, aren't you? The Burrowers here have many good things to say about you." Reasonably, he spoke the right words but only mistakenly written.

Also, from the same NPC, on his fifth and sixth sentence, it's written as: "If only I had the Helm of Rodoric, then I'd be a courageous warrior. What, don't you know what the Helm of Rhodoric is?" But hearing it, he didn't say the sixth sentence but instead, only the fifth sentence alone.

Thanks for the consideration.

- Adrian Deathwraith, 93

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
Lucas Rain on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
...but what Woot000 posted had nothing to do with grammar. What was written does not match what the voice actor says. Woot000 is exactly right.
Actually, they are not. Written and spoken language are not always symmetrical. It in fact WAS a grammatical issue, and the corrector was accurate.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
rtdv on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Actually, they are not. Written and spoken language are not always symmetrical. It in fact WAS a grammatical issue, and the corrector was accurate.
I wasn't a grammatical issue, merely a mismatch of the written and spoken. Both are grammatically correct whether spoken or written, however they should match. When the written word is captioning for spoken, it should always match the speaker, whether or not his speech is grammatically correct.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
Matthew g on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Matthew griffengem 64

I saw Poseidon say depths wrong

Other wise Cyrus drake I think the only reason you are so angry is you had hard time with minions cause minions take your traps like feint just to waste it on a fire cat

To Cyrus drake Teacher
  1. Yo, it should be Professor Drake. Don't call him by his first name, its disrespectful as in real life. I mean, for example, you would'nt call your math teacher John Findlay or something, Idk what math teacher you got.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
I have noticed that Open chat people can't say sloth but yet text chat people can? Makes no sense at all. Especially since we have sloth mounts and can't even say what it is because of it being a red word for us open chat people.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
When you first go to DS, and speak with Cyrus Drake, he says he must "scry" off to do something. Should read "scurry."

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
In the quest 'scroll call' there is an error.
Kalilklak's voice actor says:

"I've heard there's a yellow jacket who can attain the unattainable."

In contrast to the what the text bubble says, which is:

"I've heard there's a yellow jacket can obtain unattainable items."

Can you match this up please?

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
I was looking at the new updated chat menu and I found a spelling problem under housing. it says you've worked at lot at crafting. I know this is small but its something you can fix, especially after you have updated the spelling.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
Professor Drake on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
We are always on the lookout for those hidden spelling errors or grammar issues, or any other written type of elements in the game.

Find something that is incorrect? Please let us know here! Cyrus thanks you!
" hi professor drake and i what to say i love what you do " i am rylee shadowbreath

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Miranda LightSpear on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
When you first go to DS, and speak with Cyrus Drake, he says he must "scry" off to do something. Should read "scurry."
He says "I took the opportunity to scry ahead." That is correct. Scrying is the mystical practice of divining the truth or future.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
Move the Hats from the Athame, Ring and Amulet section of the Crown Shop and put them under the Clothing Tab where they belong.

Hire someone to improve on the Crown Shop Athames, Rings and Amulets instead of throwing items on there that belong somewhere else in the Crown Shop.

I guess you had to put something on that TAB to make the list longer; how about new level 50+ Athames, Rings and Amulets, now that would be amazing!

Also, you need to place a new notice on you client splash screen that is more truthful, you did not add a TON of new items in the Crown Shop, more like a GRAM.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
GimikkTheWizard on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
In the quest 'scroll call' there is an error.
Kalilklak's voice actor says:

"I've heard there's a yellow jacket who can attain the unattainable."

In contrast to the what the text bubble says, which is:

"I've heard there's a yellow jacket can obtain unattainable items."

Can you match this up please?
Shouldn't either of those be changed anyways. You cannot attain an item. It should be "...can obtain unobtainable items" or "... can obtain the unobtainable."

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
In the quest "Long in the tooth" (part of the quest line to get the sabertooth pet) there is something inaccurate.

The text bubble reads:
"What a strange looking egg. It's as hard - and as heavy - as a rock! There's no way this egg can hatch into a pet."

But the narrator only says:
"It's as hard - and as heavy - as a rock! There's no way this egg can hatch into a pet."

And in the quest before "long in the tooth" the voice actor of Alhazred says something like: "as much as I can give" whereas the speech line is "as much as I can give you". (I'm not quite sure the words in the first quest but I know that Alhazred misses out the last word).

If you can fix these two things up that would be great.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
During my quest in Sardonyx entitled "Can't Go Home Again", after defeating Raptorial Sentry with Zarozinia the Deathsong, a dialogue appeared but instead of Zarozinia's face to be seen on the circle on the left side, it was Zaltanna the Mirromask's face who appeared. Also, when reviewing the dialogue of the same quest in my quest book, on the second dialogue, Zarozinia's name doesn't appear. These bugs may not be encountered by all or maybe just by me but still I wanted to tell about these errors I encounter.

- Adrian Deathwraith, 98

Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
I have a quest in Kondha Desert entitled "One Of Us" where I should speak to Prester the Blazingwind. On the first dialogue, I can see that it is Prester's face that is on the circle on the left side of the dialogue yet it's the voice of the narrator who speaks the dialogue.

- Malvin Silvervault, 99

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
So, I've got two for you :)

1. When you get the quest to defeat Nergal the Burned Lion, his name shows up with a comma (Nergal, the Burned Lion) above your experience bar but not on his actual self (Nergal the Burned Lion).

2. There is one spot in the crown shop where the type of item (if you have it on list) shows up as a grey/white circle. It is three spots down and moves with you as you scroll up and down.

Thanks!
~Savannah BearTalon

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
In the first instance of Shadow Palace, the bear boss (sorry, forgot his name) says he's trained in Avalon, but his voice says "Grizzleheim"

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Actually, it is a matter of choice. You can choose between Hades' or Hades's.
-John BattleSword lvl 35

Survivor
Oct 05, 2013
In the quest "Not in Kansas Anymore...", Dorothy Gale says something like "Can you say hi to Private Conolly for me?", when she should say, "Can you say hi to Private Conelly for me?". Small error, but you should fix it! One of the first side quests, after all!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Someone on Central posted a few screenshots with things that need fixing. Details are here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?407387-Typos-in-the-game

Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
I have found an error in Khrysalis. In Lost Woods, when you put the compass on, and it says all the area in a tan text bubble, Moon Cliffs is To Moon Cliffs, not Moon Cliffs. Thanks bye