Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Treasure Cards--JOKE

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2009
I am a LVL 38 Life Wizard and Apprentice Crafter.
After two days of the new upgrade (More downgrade), I am thinking seriously about canceling our family subscription. Not only am I finding out it is almost impossible to solo through the game, but the crafting part is a joke.
Treasure Cards are ridiculous.
Why should I go through all the agony and frustration to increase my crafting for cards that are only in my school,cost 3 times as much as using tough, and have less hit points?
Case in point:
Leprechaun--Crafted (hit 180-220)
Cost: 150 gold for recipe
above agony and frustration
65 gold per card

Leprechaun--Tough (hit 230-270)
Cost: Tough card 25 gold
go play around in Unicorn Way
help some novice wizard

This game is fast becoming NOT FUN .

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Nik54 wrote:
After two days of the new upgrade (More downgrade), I am thinking seriously about canceling our family subscription. Not only am I finding out it is almost impossible to solo through the game, but the crafting part is a joke.
Why should I go through all the agony and frustration to increase my crafting for cards that are only in my school,cost 3 times as much as using tough, and have less hit points?
Case in point:
65 gold per card

help some novice wizard

already closed 2 of my five family accounts, one i am thinking of not renewing and one is just a ten yearold melt down away from being canceled. my main account i paid for a year and have six months left on, and am thinking of asking for a refund on it

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Defender
Apr 25, 2009
You know, there's all this stuff that needs to be fixed, like the chat system, the PvP matching system, more to do with pets, and this crafting and new treasure card system came out of left field.

It's kinda like asking that stereotypical aunt for various christmas presents, only to have her give you a nice sweater. It's nice, but it's not really what you wanted...

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Nik54 wrote:
Case in point:
65 gold per card

help some novice wizard

Okay you only have to buy the recipe one time. You can make a gazillion cards from that one recipe.

You can sell the cards in the bazaar...or buy cards there from other schools.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Nik54 wrote:

Case in point:
65 gold per card

help some novice wizard

I agree with some of what you said but not all.

I agree the game SHOULD be solo able. Nobody should be forced to play with other players to get through it. I enjoy playing with others sometimes but others either:
A: they are too busy
B: nobody else is on when I am
C: The ones I can ask are all jokesters (To put it nicely) who jump in then flee or destroy your shields making a high hit impossible usualy resulting in failure.

So you should be able to Solo the game if you wish. In another game I play the game gets tougher the more people are in your instance. Makes sense. That's how this one should go. You can solo it or get in a group for a chance at maybe better items. Although to have ONLY the groups get good items would be as pointless. Not better items in groups just maybe different ones unique to the number you play with.

I don't see it as making the game suddenly un-fun though.

I have said it before treasure cards are a joke. You have to discard a regular card for one that if your lucky does 5 - 10% increased dmg. Any single power up in the game does better then that.

Here is how the Treasure Cards should be re vamped.

Bronze (Current card system) - uncommon
Silver (50 - 100% more dmg) maybe an extra pip to perform - rare
Gold ( 100 - 300% more dmg) 7 - 8 pip cards Ultra-rare/Unique.

Also an addition would be great to the whole card system

Pip Conversion card (Should be X for pip use but converts as many as is needed)
How to use:
you are a death wizard but want to use judgment.
You have 2 power pips and 3 regular pips. thats a 5 pip Judgment.
However if you click on the Pip Conversion card then the Judgment Card you can now use the Power Pips and increase the card to a 7 pip attack.
Making the Pip Conversion a treasure card only would make sense.

As far as crafting treasure cards.

All I have seen craft able are regular treasure cards I can get from fighting. In other words it's almost easier (Maybe it is) to simply win the card you want them buy and scour for reagents and make it.

The only true benefit you would get from crafting a car would be customization. Say a storm Scarecrow. Maybe even so much as an Ice Dragon Card that Leaves Death 3 turn attacks. That's a little weird but if you had both Ice and Death shields up on an enemy it would be great to be able to do that.

Just my input to keep the game fresh and keep some Customers rather then the direction the game seems to be heading.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Hello, I am new at this game, about a month in and am level 41. Although I am not an expert, I think that there are SURE to be unique items available, on down the crafting line. So crafting may not be your bag, no one said you had to use it. And as far as doing the game solo, I agree, I do not see that it can be done. I am in Moo Shu with my husband and if he and I didn't play as a team, there would be no way. Or at the very least it would be tons more difficult. And I hear that Dragonspyre is very hard. Hopefully the Wizard101 gods will be kind! LOL!!!
Thanks,
Christina and David

Christina Moonsong
David Daydreamer

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I agree that the crafting of treasure cards is a bit ridiculous, but it's not the entire game....grizzleheim is fun and there is still plenty to do w/o crafting treasure cards...I'm unhappy with the crafting bit, but not so much so that I'm willing to cancel my accounts.

jmo.

Fiona Darkheart- level 25 conjurer
Llewella - grandmaster diviner
Myrna Deathbloosom - grandmaster necromancer

Defender
May 06, 2009
I don't think that it is the ability to craft cards that is what the OP is complaining about, mostly that it is pointless for them (and I agree, it makes much more sense just to carry a bunch of toughs with you).

I guess a point I can make is just before the patch, we were complaining that Ninja Pigs was not a card you could get any way other than rare drops. Couldn't buy them, couldn't cast them normally. Sorta like Giant or Monstrous or Sniper.

Well, now most cards have gotten that way. High level cards now cost lower level cards to make them, which require lower level cards to make THEM, not to mention all the materials...which adds up to lots of time and expense to make something you used to be able to buy for as little as 250 gold, and boom, you were all set. You could buy 99 of the things if you wanted.

Now, you have to find them from drops or chests, make them, or buy them at the bazaar -- and most cards are usually not available there. So you're usually out of luck, if you really need a particular card (like, say, to battle a tough -- and now tougher -- boss from your own school). This is not a change you can deal with only if you want to -- it's going to affect you.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
My point on crafted treasure cards was they cost more gold per card and have less hit points. Why bother?

As for treasure cards in general, It is nice to have meteor strike with elemental blade. I can throw guidance in too. Also you should see what a centaur does with life blade, life trap, and spirit blade. Remember, the blades and trap multiply, so the higher hit points you start with the much higher you end with. Great for a Life Wizard.

Go check out crafting treasure cards in your school.

My main gripe was that I want to be able to solo this game. I didn't ask that it be easy, just do-able.

Survivor
May 19, 2009
Nik54 wrote:
Case in point:
65 gold per card

help some novice wizard

Maybe you don't equate 'fun' with 'challenging'. I do.
I soloed everything in this game with NO treasure cards except for Kensington Park and Malistaire. I don't think your problem here is treasure cards. Make it a personal goal to not allow yourself to use treasure cards, and keep repeating that hard encounter over and over again until you can get it solo with no treasure cards. Try thinking about your deck more, or maybe assign your training points over again and making up for what you lack by getting some cards from other schools.

Defender
Sep 28, 2008

Nik54 wrote:
My main gripe was that I want to be able to solo this game. I didn't ask that it be easy, just do-able.

Solo the game? Maybe you need to look at what school you have chosen. I, and several friends, have been able, with very few exceptions, to solo the game as Death Wizards. Dragonspyre, the so far final world, battle and storyline wise, was supposed to be by far the hardest. With death it was, buff ~ buff ~ boom, on to next battle. Storm is by nature soloist. Balance can do well soloing and well in a group. The other schools have both their ups and downs as well so if you are having problems soloing, maybe its the class that you chose not being compatible with you. Find one that is and go with it.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Crafting Tresure cards IS IMO; A JOKE!
Why because of the other things said above AND the FACT that
you NEED a treasure card to CRAFT a Treasure card!!!

I will continue to use Tough and Keen Eyes to make/craft my
treasure cards and buy the ones from the other schools in the bazaar.

The old way is Soooo much faster and cheaper than running around the spiral switching servers getting into unnessarry battles
(to get scrap iron and other regiments from). for weeks on end, PLUS not to mention the cool down times for your crafted items,
EVEN MORE TIME, wasted.

PLEASE also make ALL NON Crown Robes, Hats, Boots DROPPED from a boss sellable in the Bazaar! the real good school only ones! or at least
tradable (spelling) with other characters in your account. TY. 8)